Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Yankee Candle's Autumn Woods (Cedar, Sandalwood, Clove, Cinnamon, Musk, and Roses)

I rarely find anything at Yankee Candle that excites me. Most of their scents are usually too much of one thing or another. It came as quite a surprise that I recently found a scent from Yankee Candle that I may start hoarding. Autumn Woods is about the best smelling home fragrance I have found. It is among Yankee Candle's newer fall additions. Featuring notes of cedar, sandalwood, clove, cinnamon, musk, and roses, Autumn Woods is a subtle scent that warms and welcomes while blending perfectly with its surroundings. Strong enough to have some presence and fill a room but light enough so as not to offend. I have been using the wax potpurri tarts but may soon invest in a few candles while available. If any of you have any experience with Autumn Woods, please share. If not, I highly recommend giving it a test.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Yankee Candle's Autumn Woods (Cedar, Sandalwood, Clove, Cinnamon, Musk, and Roses

Sounds great! I'll have to seek it out next time I'm @ the Yankee store. How does this compare to their Harvest scent?
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Yankee Candle's Autumn Woods (Cedar, Sandalwood, Clove, Cinnamon, Musk, and Roses

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie View Post
    Sounds great! I'll have to seek it out next time I'm @ the Yankee store. How does this compare to their Harvest scent?
    It's been awhile since I last encountered Harvest. From what I remember, Harvest is an accurate representation of fall spices. I can tell you that the cinnamon and clove in Autumn Woods are minor players and lost in the mix of sandalwood, cedar and musk. The rose note is also difficult to discern yet present nonetheless. Reminds me of the drydown of No. 88 and Noir Epices in its subtle, meditative, soothing aspects.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

This sounds really good Michael. What stores sell these candles? I don't think we have Yankee Candle stores in Miami.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    This sounds really good Michael. What stores sell these candles? I don't think we have Yankee Candle stores in Miami.
    Various independent retailers carry some selections from Yankee Candle. You could try Al's Florist and Gifts (954) 987-4450 in Hollywood. Looks like the closest Yankee Candle mall stores are north in Boca and Coral Springs.

Post Thanks / Like

Hallmark and Coach House stores often carry Yankee Candles... I stopped in at one on Saturday just to check out Autumn Woods, but they had only Autumn Wreath.

I ended up buying a WoodWick candle in Rum Raisin as a consolation prize. The wick crackles like a little fire, and the smoky Rum Raisin scent smells like my grandma's house at Christmas, with the fireplace blazing.
    Last edited by tang; 15th October 2007 at 10:56 PM. Reason: punctuation
    Sniff and let sniff.

Post Thanks / Like

Bed Bath and Beyond and Linens and Things carry Yankee Candles, as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered some Yankee Candle wax tarts a week ago and tried Autumn Woods yesterday.
    The whole experience was not good, maybe the formulation is different or the tart was bad? Should be fresh stuff though - it is a brand new offering as far as I know.

This thing smelled artifical as if they added plastic or something. Yes, I removed the plastic wrapping of course.
    Last edited by dr.creed; 31st October 2007 at 12:47 PM.
    dr.creed's decant sales
    can be found here:
    Crystal Flacon

Post Thanks / Like

I've been burning a Yankee candle "Purrchouli" tart out on the front porch this Halloween evening and it's been wonderful. If anyone sees these on sale after Halloween I suggest you give them a try. Only problem is that they are black and not very attractive in the little burners.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dr.creed View Post
    This thing smelled artifical as if they added plastic or something. Yes, I removed the plastic wrapping of course.
    Sorry it didn't work well. Could be the musk causing the plastic odor. The musk comes across as being from the synthetic drugstore fragrance family. I can tolerate it because the overall scent blend is very mild as compared to most of the scents I have tested from Yankee Candle. It's no Tocca, Slatkin, or Voluspa but it's OK for Yankee Candle.

As a side note, my current woody favorite is Tocca's agarwood candle, Pushkar.
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by vezerne View Post
    ... Only problem is that they are black and not very attractive in the little burners.
    My favorite color.
    Last edited by Sloan; 1st November 2007 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost