Code of Conduct

Default Costume National Scent, to buy or not to buy? That is the question.

I'm on the fence about this one, someone give me a shove!

Default Re: Costume National Scent, to buy or not to buy? That is the question.

It actually wore too feminine on me. Something in it didn't quite agree with my nose. I ended up giving it away
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

I suggest: buy the Scent Intense!

Its truly a scent with dramatic contrasts... you have to ask yourself if the dead sexy and satisfying amber and tea and musk accords are worth having despite the powerful hibiscus notes.
    I actually LOVE this scent and am always complimented when i wear it. i think its sufficiently different to the norm to turn heads. There is a dark berry-like note that is pure heaven to wear also.

Let us know what you decide
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 15th October 2007 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    I suggest: buy the Scent Intense!
    Next time I'm at Barneys I'll try the Intense version.

I was once very interested in getting the Intense version but the drydown is very disappointing - it's really nothing to write home about. There's also a parfum version (red bottle) but I have no idea how good it is.

I 2nd the Scent Intense...it has a more masculine edge about it. I think its a great scent...very unique. I've always received tons of compliments when I wore it (if that's worth anything).

I also vote the Scent Intense: more masculine and dark.

TNMA
    Last edited by thenmarcher; 16th October 2007 at 06:52 AM.
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

i remember trying to decipher between the two -

scent made me think, i can smell this on a drop dead gorgeous woman, bc its so 'pretty' and provocative. it has a certain straight, cleanness but its also warm.

scent intense was much more, well, intense. the extra dose of amber really 'dirties it up' in a good way and it lasts long into the dry down so your not just left with the feminine floral. to me, it is darker and more enticing. its really is its own entity in my mind, not masculine, not feminine, not unisex - it just is what it is.