Code of Conduct

Default Orig. Cerruti pour Homme: A Question

This is listed as "in production," but I thought/think it's discontinued. (I can't find it anywhere, except RARELY on eBay.) Is this yet another of those frags that's only available in Europe? I loved this one back in the Eighties, and would like to get some more of it. The new Cerrutis I've smelled are pallid clones of everything else out on the market today, while the orig. Cerruti was bright, clean, powerful and masculine.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Orig. Cerruti pour Homme: A Question

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post
    This is listed as "in production," but I thought/think it's discontinued. (I can't find it anywhere, except RARELY on eBay.) Is this yet another of those frags that's only available in Europe? I loved this one back in the Eighties, and would like to get some more of it. The new Cerrutis I've smelled are pallid clones of everything else out on the market today, while the orig. Cerruti was bright, clean, powerful and masculine.
    I think this one is back in production...I remember spotting quite a few on ebay when i bought my 2 bottles....I think i also remember reading in some thread here that the 'newer' Nino Cerruti ph was not as good as the vintage....

I bought two bottles thinking i was buying something extremely rare and amazing....i don't like it though....its too too green for my taste....

gupts

Thanks, gupts -- will check it out. (It's been a while since I did a search again.)

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

My friends, inexplicably the original and wonderful Nino Cerruti Pour Homme is currently on offer from the UK based Direct Cosmetics website. Still more incredibly, it is on sale for the bargain price of 11.99 for 50 ml. And to further stretch incredulity, the bottle which I ordered from them arrived today and to my nose still seems the same wonderful fragrance, unchanged, and with the beautiful top notes ( that delirious cascade down bright and juicy banks of wonder) still intact. Older bottles of this elixir can sometimes have lost their top notes although not their equally exquisite later developments.

Quote Originally Posted by Naed_Nitram View Post
    My friends, inexplicably the original and wonderful Nino Cerruti Pour Homme is currently on offer from the UK based Direct Cosmetics website. Still more incredibly, it is on sale for the bargain price of 11.99 for 50 ml. And to further stretch incredulity, the bottle which I ordered from them arrived today and to my nose still seems the same wonderful fragrance, unchanged, and with the beautiful top notes ( that delirious cascade down bright and juicy banks of wonder) still intact. Older bottles of this elixir can sometimes have lost their top notes although not their equally exquisite later developments.

Thank you. Consider an order (or two!) placed.

Thanks for the tip.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naed_Nitram View Post
    Its Naed_Nitram !
    -

Post Thanks / Like

I see bottles of this stuff for sale all over the internet.
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Current Rotation: Terre D'Hermes, Boucheron PH, Villoresi Uomo, Green Irish Tweed, Chanel PMC, Gucci PH, Floris Santal, Carven Homme, Dunhill '34, PI by Givenchy, Parfums de Nicolai New York

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Orig. Cerruti pour Homme: A Question

I'm shocked, strange sense of disorientation happened when I read the name of the poster. My girlfriend didn't quite understand my over the top reaction; I then tried to explain her what kind of legend and mythical figure Naed_Nitram is. She did not understand - what's wrong with her??? Ah, Basenotes wouldn't be the same without these mysteries.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL. tvlampboy, I dont think you gonna be getting many more replies to this thread concerning CerRuti PH.

Slightly off topic, a couple weeks ago I bought
    1 X Cerruti Si 50ml
    1 X Cerruit 1881 Amber 50ml
    1 X Cerruti 1881 50ml
    For the equivalent $25

OMG IT'S NAED MOTHERF_CKING NITRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice to see you post, buddy!

yes you are a basenotes legend.
    Last edited by knightowl; 22nd September 2007 at 05:45 AM.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
    OMG IT'S NAED MOTHERF_CKING NITRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice to see you post, buddy!

yes you are a basenotes legend.
    I'd like to think I was some inspiration behind the post of Naed_Nitram

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Orig. Cerruti pour Homme: A Question

The Baron/De Charlus/ Naed_Nitram/Dean_Martin!

So he IS real - the man of imperious prose and inimitable style.

VC&A was etched in my consciousness ever since I saw the first(?) classic ad in 1979, when i was but a young lad. Other than that , I was still a fragrance "newbie" when I joined basenotes in 2005. I owe my discovery of the trumper line (along with some other great ones such as JHL,creed BdG etc) to this mythical worthy.

So, he took until 2007 to condescend to utter a few words directly to the masses.

I'd say ...post some more - but then again, why destroy the mystique..the legend.
    SixStars: Miller Harris - Cuir D'Oranger

FiveStars:
    1. Cuiron 2. VC&A Pour Homme 3. Dunhill 1934 4. Trumper Marlborough 5. Trumper Wild Fern 6. Cartier Santos 7. MPG Ambre Precieux

Post Thanks / Like

It's great to see a post from Naed. Thanks for a body of sui generis reviews.

It doesn't get much better than Nino Cerruti and I don't even know who made it.