Code of Conduct

Thumbs up Just bought Unforgivable.....

and its fantastic. Its just mindblowing.

Yeah, similarity to Creed Millesime Imperial is so noticeable.

The first blast of Unforgivable is identical to that of MI...Longevity & projection appears to be better than MI.....I find Unforgivable to be 'frutier' than MI....

Its the 'ambergis' in the Creed that i think makes it smell slightly different from Unforgivable. In a direct test with both of them on each wrist you can make out the difference. They are not 'identical' but they are very similar.

Considering that Unforgivable is available for 1/4th the price of MI, it isnt such a bad proposition to wear it. Ofcourse for Creed worshippers nothing else will do, but for a common man the difference would be negligible. As it is MI's longevity has always been an issue with most people who have tried.

Therefore one can buy a big bottle of 'Unforgivable' and generously spray & garner compliments.

I am definitely for Unforgiveable. It may be a blatant copy of MI as several people have mentioned in the previous threads on this issue but thats immaterial. We can't just hate a fragrance because it smells like something else.

There is another way to look at it. Unforgivable gives us something Creed MI gives but at a far more affordable price.

Yet i am still going to buy that Creed Millesime Imperial gold flacon. The bottle alone is enough to warrant its purchase.

so for me its a thumbs up for Unforgivable

gupts

Default Re: Just bought Unforgivable.....

...and it is very very much like Wall Street by Bond No9. I haven't sniffed MI yet (after Wall Street and Unforgivable I really don't feel like it). When I tried on Unforgivable my girlfriend asked if I didn't already own that one? She recognized it immediately as the decant I have with Wall Street.

To me, both are too loud and headache inducing. And I just feel so self-concious while wearing them.

Im glad you enjoy it gupts.

For me it was a little too sharp (and very uninspiring - just your run-of-the-mill 'fruity' swill). The funny thing is, I find this a common trait of many "US" fragrances (Kenneth Cole, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, Kors, Jacobs and the like). In most circumstances, I just dont seem to warm to them as much as I do to the European ones.

But people rave about Unforgiveable, so my opinion is obviously flawed! haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Im glad you enjoy it gupts.

For me it was a little too sharp (and very uninspiring - just your run-of-the-mill 'fruity' swill). The funny thing is, I find this a common trait of many "US" fragrances (Kenneth Cole, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, Kors, Jacobs and the like). In most circumstances, I just dont seem to warm to them as much as I do to the European ones.

But people rave about Unforgiveable, so my opinion is obviously flawed! haha!
    I agree 100%! Unforgivable smells more like Clinique's happy mixed with CK's Eternity for men and Tommy.

A lot of US fragrances use a common base in their perfume. Its a pleasant smell, but too common place.

I went to a perfume department store, the SA told me to try Unforgivable - she said it smells so good. I told her "NO", before I can explained that I've tried it before and I'm not interested - she turned to me and said "yeah I know, its Puff Daddy, I don't like him too but this perfume smells so good!"

I did however bought the shower gel Good for scent layering with MI.

Unforgivable is more like Bond´s Wall Street than M.I.
    On me M.I. last longer than Unforgivable...but i got both :-)
    No problem with Creeds Millésimes longtivity...they are so strong.
    I don´t know why people say they are weak?

How about Unforgivable (not the top notes) vs. Kiton Men?

Quote Originally Posted by eau_de_amour View Post
    I went to a perfume department store, the SA told me to try Unforgivable - she said it smells so good. I told her "NO", before I can explained that I've tried it before and I'm not interested - she turned to me and said "yeah I know, its Puff Daddy, I don't like him too but this perfume smells so good!"
    Ha ha! Good one, Eau... that SA was definitely "on message".

I will have to admit that I liked this stuff when I tried it, and my wife did, too. But that was a long time ago.

I suspect that today I'd probably say, very nice, but not for me --- for some reason, I'm just not a Creed guy, despite recognizing their quality.

It's a good one, I mean... it smells... good! And if one is only half committal about it like I was, there is actually a "sensual body spray (aerosol)" version at Sephora for like $22 and it smells identical. I doubt I'll ever use the thing all up... it's big and seems like a good deal. I just know that I love the way others smell with it on (uber fresh and ultra clean) so I like to imagine on the days that I want to project that, I do with this one.

Personally, the only similarities I see between Unforgivable and Kiton Man are their weight, but it could be. I'm not to deny a man his thoughts.
    Last edited by nthny; 17th October 2007 at 05:04 PM.

I loved it at the beginning, bot got tired of it, I guess. MI does smell more expensive, but U. smells less unisex IMO. Neither one of them last on my skin. Now I prefer their tea-based cousins yang and SMW

I got a 50ml of UF for $20 at Goody's. I find it to be a pleasant composition, but I can only wish that it were more like it's parent scent, MI. I don't have MI, only GIT, but the quality of the component notes from a house such as Creed, versus a mass frag like UF; well, it's utterly clear.

UF is thin and synthetic to my (amateur) nose, but in no way "wrong" or "bad". That is what one would expect from an economical clone of a niche scent.

I don't think I'll wear mine very much. I'm saving up for BdP and some Malle's. If I want to smell extravagant, I know I have to pay for it.

Very glad to see you like Unforgivable. It does seem to get a lot of bad rap on here. I personally dont like the first 10-15 minutes of Unforgivable, but the dry down smells very identical to Creed's MI.

i find it a very compelling scent. after hearing how it was supposed to rip of MI, i went out and had a sniff, but you know what?

i prefer unforgivable.

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    Very glad to see you like Unforgivable. It does seem to get a lot of bad rap on here. I personally dont like the first 10-15 minutes of Unforgivable, but the dry down smells very identical to Creed's MI.
    True. Some people cannot get over the fact thet U is an affordable MI. Us, poor people also have the right to smell good.
    My biggest complaint is staying power. MI is even worst.

Congrats on the new scent. Unfortunately, I sampled Unforgivable and it just didn't do anything for me. The funny thing is, I did notice the resemblance to MI, which I enjoy a great deal. I didn't dislike it because it was like MI, it just didn't inspire much in me.

But hey, if you like it, there's not much else that matters.
    Last edited by Nicolas V; 20th October 2007 at 12:31 AM.
    You are not your perfume.

Ehh, I was compelled to add to the support of unforgivable. I too prefer it over the Creeds that I have tried. I must admit, I haven't tried MI yet, but, I don't really have that desire to anymore. The only complaint I have with UF is the price for the standard bottles (and not the sensual sprays). has stayed pretty high...including online retailers.

As a lover of MI I do find Unforgivable to smell similar. I was able to get a 4.2 oz bottle at Costco for $40. I still prefer MI but Unforgivable is a nice, cheaper alternative.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!