Code of Conduct

Thread: Room sprays?

Default Room sprays?

Anyone into using room sprays or have any favorites to suggest? I am gearing toward those because trying to burn candles in my house is too hard with cats around, I have to watch them every second.

I ordered L'Occitane's new Lavender one for my sister, which also contains notes of vanilla, cedar and vetivert, to scent her home for fall. She said it smells wonderful! Bought their new Cherry Blossom one for myself, but I haven't gotten it yet. I might be getting into a new addiction here, I had to sit on my hands to keep from ordering every one they had.
    Last edited by beachroses; 16th October 2007 at 06:12 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Room sprays?

The Method room sprays @ Target area really good, for a cheap alternative. They have some nice scents & are great for a budget. I really like the gingerbread one.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Their plug-ins are also good, especially their Mandarin & Basil and their Freesia.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

I don't use home sprays perse. This is a great way to smell some of those fragrances you don't get around to wearing often. I just take one out, put a spray or two in the air to revisit a scent when I feel like it.

Don't forget Trapp's famous Orange Vanilla -- YUMMY!

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

I bought a few Slatkin & co sprays - decent and simple for its price

I returned the L'Occitane Cherry Blossom for a store credit, it didn't smell like cherry blossoms at all, just synthetic and perfumey and DH asked why I was spraying RAID in the house, he thought I had been killing bugs and he wasn't joking. Those Slatkin sprays sound good!

Bed bath and beyond has an Egyptian Cotton linen spray that I use all over the house when I just want something clean, fresh, and not too frou frouey. I have pets so I really have to have something not too pricey that I can use daily.

i love YSL limited edition room sprays & candles that he had launched them in 1996 celebrating his 60th birthday & inspired from his houses.. T'he Marrakesh, Plui d'Ete & Feu Santal.. excuse my french spelling

they were amazing, original & so unique.. & would be great as personal fragrance as well..
    i've collected as much as i can ..
    & now i after 10 years i have run out my stock.. since i've used them alot after my wedding
    Last edited by tariq; 21st November 2007 at 07:23 AM.

I love Abercrombie Fierce room spray. It's what they use to scent the Abercrombie stores. It'll cost you $100 for an 8 oz bottle, but it doubles as a cologne. mmmmm

I ended up getting a full bottle of L'Occitane's Cherry Blossom room spray back in another order for free, I guess it must love me.

I still have tons of older l'Occitane room sprays, they are so much nicer than the newer ones. They smell less artificial.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Many on the men's board have discussed using YSL's Kouros as a room spray.

Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post
    Many on the men's board have discussed using YSL's Kouros as a room spray.
    yes, i second that.. Kouros as room spray feels so fresh & electric without the animalic dirty edge that you get on skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Brielle87 View Post
    I still have tons of older l'Occitane room sprays, they are so much nicer than the newer ones. They smell less artificial.
    Good to know, thanks! The new lavender one worked out well as a gift.

Pier One carries a nice home fragrance line. You can purchase reed diffusers, room sprays, and candles in their assortment. They are long lasting and have some wonderful scent choices!

The Claire Burke sprays are usually of good quality. I like their original fragrance best -- herbal, patchouli (not the headshop variety), a bit of dusty floral. Not trendy.

Another option, since you don't want open flame, is candle warmers. We use these extensively. A medium Yankee candle can scent a room for over a month with a warmer. We have cats too, and these work wonderfully.

Ahh, in Autumn (Fall) i'd love to try out the Diptyque John Galliano room spray, which is just smokey incense! It was created by Olivia Giacobetti, which means it's likely to be good, and i've hear people say it doubles as a nice smokey fragrance too

Bulgari Eau Parfumee de The Vert started off as a room spray. Then people really liked it and it became the first of a huge Bulgari fragrance line.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Are all room sprays applicable on the skin or only some? What is the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Stereotomy View Post
    Bulgari Eau Parfumee de The Vert started off as a room spray. Then people really liked it and it became the first of a huge Bulgari fragrance line.
    This is one of my all-time favorites! ....I recieved my first bottle as a gift and used it as air freshener.....then I saw how much it cost and started wearing it! ....I've had a new bottle on my dresser every year for the last 10 years! But I found that the eau parfmee smells different (better) than the extreme.

My favorite is Jo Malone living Colognes - they can be used as room sprays, sprayed on fabric and as personal colognes. I love Grapefruit and Rosemary, Basil and Verbena, Hyacinth and Sweet orange and Amber - ofcourse you can layer/combine them as well.

Dyptique room sprays are also divine and ohhh! so french - love their Roses, Tuberose, and Jasmin.

Quote Originally Posted by beachroses View Post
    Are all room sprays applicable on the skin or only some? What is the difference?
    i have often wondered the same thing...i have never wanted to experiment with this though as i am sure there is some chemical component differences that could be harmful or irritating to the skin.
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

Blog Entries

Nick,
    Room sprays are just lesser in concentration, unless you are getting Glade of course! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jdnba View Post
    i have often wondered the same thing...i have never wanted to experiment with this though as i am sure there is some chemical component differences that could be harmful or irritating to the skin.

I've just purchased a wonderful pelargonium Room Spray from Molo Africa. It uses essential oils, and I have to say it smells phenomenal

i purchased costes orange...it smells incredible but i wish it lasted much longer....if i had both the spray and the candle it would smell effing amazing, but its so expensive.
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

This is what I have:

Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien ~ very nice during hot SoCal weather
    Annick Goutal Noel ~ absolutely gorgeous, it smells like there's a tree in the room
    Costes in the black bottle ~ spicy, woody incense YUM!
    Costes in the white bottle ~ mostly lily and ginger, probably my least favorite as I'm not that into florals but it's very pretty
    Catherine Memmi Moka ~ very snuggly, cozy and sweet
    Catherine Memmi Iris ~ I tend to layer this with Moka or even wear on my bod by itself..a very woody, dry iris
    MPG Bois Precieux ~ kind of an unusual scent: clove, woods and citrus
    L'Artisan Bois d'Orient ~ an awesome foresty, spicy, sumptous scent
    L'Artisan Thé et Pain d'Epices ~ Delicious and last in the air pretty well
    Frapin Cellar ~ I feel absolutely decadent spraying this into a room, it's good enough to wear
    Vie Luxe Capri ~ meh
    And I know it's not marketed as a room spray, but Keiko Mecheri A Fleur de Peau is fabulous when sprayed into a room. I even keep a decant of it in my car ans spray a little in there sometimes as a treat.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 17th October 2008 at 06:54 PM. Reason: typo

I like the classic Rigaud green and the yellow which is a bit lighter. I also love Diptyque Baies. All are very French and not exactly cheap.

There is a cheap room spray sold in Europe called Oust (green or pink) which is very efficient (similar to Febreze but much more powerful).

I also have cats and I use several "Lampes Berger".
    L'amour fait songer, vivre et croire. Il a, pour réchauffer le coeur, un rayon de plus que la gloire; et ce rayon, c'est le bonheur. (Victor HUGO)

I actually really like Avon Spray Sachet in Vanilla. Yummy smell, kinda like marshmallows.

I always used room spray it seem to work or if not I usually have them plug in fan fragrances. it works great.
    http://www.fragrancedepot.net

Pure Citrus by North American; much like Citrus Magic. I also use inexpensive body sprays from CVS & Family Dollar. Once in a while I use a perfume that was a gift & I don't wear.