Code of Conduct

Default Do you guys use all alcohol as a carrier or mix it with distilled water??

As above really, I have looked into this and had mixed opinions. It seems in some blends people use just alcohol and in others mix it with distilled water.... is there a code of conduct with this issue?

Default Re: Do you guys use all alcohol as a carrier or mix it with distilled water??

I just use alcohol.

Default Re: Do you guys use all alcohol as a carrier or mix it with distilled water??

I have been using 95% grain alcohol at not diluting it with any more water.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Cheers guys, sounds like I'm fine how I am. I have read on some websites that distilled water is used but I had my doubts about how good it would be. Shame I cant get any ethanol!

Ethanol can be a tricky item to get a hold of...if you're just using it for personal use at home...100proof vodka is pretty much the same thing...or at least comparable.

Just alcohol too (+ a little bit of glycerol to slow down evaporation)

100 proof vodka is only 50% ethanol; it won't be very effective at dissolving many essential oils. You should try to get at least 150 proof material.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Quote Originally Posted by dcampen View Post
    100 proof vodka is only 50% ethanol; it won't be very effective at dissolving many essential oils. You should try to get at least 150 proof material.
    Oops...I meant to write 200 proof...100%. My bad.

Currently I have 90% BDV which I think is pretty strong. Strongest I can find in my City at the moment.