Code of Conduct

Thread: Floris JF

Default Floris JF

Hey gang, just thought I'd post some impressions of Floris' JF EDT. I received a package of samples from Floris, pretty much wrote off JF, Elite, and No.89. Ordered the Santal edt, shave balm, and JF Shaving soap (they don't make the shave soap in Santal).

Today, I figured I'd try the JF shave cream, and use the JF flavored balm. I have to tell you, I do believe it's starting to grow on me. I have a midterm today, touched up with a little JF edt, I'm starting to dig this stuff. May have to add this to the list of "must have's" along with Floris's Vetiver. Anyone else like this stuff?

Steve

Thumbs up Re: Floris JF

My experience with JF is rather limited. I recently received a bottle from a fellow Basenoter and I have only been able to try it once. So far I give it a big thumbs up.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Default Re: Floris JF

I like it--I have the EdT, After Shave and Soap. A little like GIT (which begs the question, why not just get GIT?) but very nice, very wearable, very English. I can't get on with Elite, though....

GIT? I'm new to this, you'll have to help me out with this one.

Steve

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Here's what I wrote about JF last week:

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB View Post
    This is a pretty old-fashioned scent; citrus, wormwood (the clincher), cypress, amber, and some other exotic woods. I instantly felt transported back to my childhood and the scents my grandfather used to wear. Nostalgia in a bottle... Who could resist?
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Hi Jamie, good deal. I think I am also turning into a fan. If I find JF on sale, I may have to pick it up.

Steve

Interesting that there are some positive comments here. Generally Basenoters "dis" this fragrance. I like it, and almost bought it when the Floris store was closing down in New York and it was being sold at a distinct discount, but didn't. Dont' know why I didn't now.....

Hi Joe, my inital impressions of it were indifferent. I thought it was ok, but nothing to get worked up about. Of course, that was just sniffing it from the sample tube. I'm learning that things smell different once you apply them.

I shaved with the JF cream and then applied the JF shave balm. Throughout the day I would catch a whiff of it and go, "Wow, this stuff smells very nice, not overpowering, but just a nice pleasant scent." I figure it's a good "gentlemanly" scent that I can wear to work and not overpower people. I may pick some up after I recover from some of my other recent purchases LOL.

Steve
    Last edited by desmoface; 18th October 2007 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by desmoface View Post
    Hi Joe, my inital impressions of it were indifferent. I thought it was ok, but nothing to get worked up about. Of course, that was just sniffing it from the sample tube. I'm learning that things smell different once you apply them.

I shaved with the JF cream and then applied the JF shave balm. Throughout the day I would catch a whiff of it and go, "Wow, this stuff smells very nice, not overpowering, but just a nice pleasant scent." I figure it's a good "gentlemanly" scent that I can wear to work and not overpower people. I may pick some up after I recover from some of my other recent purchases LOL.

Steve
    Steve:

Some (not me) have said that it is a Green Irish Tweed wannabe, I don't know. I didn't get GIT when I sampled JF, but I was slightly underwhelmed. I should get it, after I have the same initial!

JF

Total agree with the last comment of Joe,JF is better than GIT or Hamptons,IMO.
    #TOP 5#: Antico Caruso, Penhaligons Racquets,Creed BayRhum Vetiver,Domenico Caraceni,Castle Forbes 1445

You have to get it now, it's your signature scent hehe.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Frances View Post
    Steve:

Some (not me) have said that it is a Green Irish Tweed wannabe, I don't know. I didn't get GIT when I sampled JF, but I was slightly underwhelmed. I should get it, after I have the same initial!

JF

Quote Originally Posted by desmoface View Post
    You have to get it now, it's your signature scent hehe.

Steve
    Really, really, I might convince someone I had Floris make it for me. :O)