Code of Conduct

Default SotD Thursday 18 October

Today I'm test-driving the fourth and so far the latest Mona di Orio scent: Oiro.

Lux turned out to be very long-lasting, could still smell it this morning, the vetiver note in it is really lovely.

Have a great day!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Thursday 18 October

I'm tickled today! I sent off a check to a lady for daylily seeds, and on the spur of the moment I made her some samples of my fall favorites. I emailed to alert her to be looking for a small bubble envelope and said I didn't know how she felt about fragrances but I'd sent her some samples of my fall favorites, and mentioned how I'd missed my basenotes time with all the daylily work. She replied she was familiar with basenotes, recommended the NowSmellThis blog, and said her favorite was Serge Lutens Un Lys! Ah, the universal wonder of Un Lys! I sent Lily & Spice among others--we'll see how that one goes over.

I got to sniff each of my favorites as I decanted and now I'm choosing to luxuriate in Jalaine's Patchouli. Hmmmmmmmm. I tell you, it just changes my world.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Still have my head buzzing from the great birthday I had yesterday . So let's start off nice and innocent with TERRE D'HERMES
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

I'm not feeling well, so I've applied the lovely Chanel No. 19 to comfort me.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Vol de Nuit for me... (yawn yawn... only had 4 hours sleep)

Hope you feel better soon, Lievje!

Royal English Leather for me today.

Tigs - ADORE Oiro (thanks LIB) and we can't get it here yet. Waaah.

Feel better dear Lievje.....

Shycat , good lookin' out! Fragaddicts of the world - UNITE!!

Coco - WAG that little tail, girl! Who needs sleep!!

Up and restless - spritzed on some Insolence. I''ll show YOU.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

I hope you will feel a bit better soon, Lievje.

Late and rather sad after posting Sudsy's pictures.

Messe de Minuit is the only possible choice.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

I am wearing Sacrebleu today....I have a very long day ahead of me.

Different Company Sens et Bois for me today.

Feel better, Lievje, and Coco, may I suggest better living through chemistry -- caffeine!
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Quote Originally Posted by lievje View Post
    I'm not feeling well, so I've applied the lovely Chanel No. 19 to comfort me.
    I hope you feel better lievje. That's a nice comforting choice.

Me, I'm in Chanel no 5 again. Can't get away from the soft floral chypre. It just seems perfect and I don't want to mess with it.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Andy Tauer's Le Maroc Pour Elle.

I just feel happy wearing this stuff. And the way this week has gone, any little bit of happiness helps.

Riannon, I got a card a few days ago for Susan's husband, since I have sixty dollars to refund him for the box of samples I hadn't mailed. I'm too prone to tears to look at the picture. I think that's why I made up samples for this daylily stranger. There's a quote from Mother Theresa I like, as it comforts me-- "We can do no great things. We can do only small things with great love."
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Melograno (Santa Maria Novella's ode to the pomegranate!)
    This seems to suit me as I have just had two compliments!!
    A rare occurence indeed.

Creed, Vintage Tabarome

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat View Post
    Riannon, I got a card a few days ago for Susan's husband, since I have sixty dollars to refund him for the box of samples I hadn't mailed. I'm too prone to tears to look at the picture. I think that's why I made up samples for this daylily stranger. There's a quote from Mother Theresa I like, as it comforts me-- "We can do no great things. We can do only small things with great love."
    ((((My wise Shycat))))

Thank you.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Decided to go for Egoiste.
    DONNA

Casmir by Chopard
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Santos Concentrée by Cartier today.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Dzongkha
    Sniff and let sniff.

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon View Post
    Late and rather sad after posting Sudsy's pictures.
    Thanks for the heads-up. I went to the thread and opened your links.
    Sudsy appears to have been a happy and peaceful person on this earth; her spirt should continue along that path. As the Aussies say, "No worries."

Needed some warmth here, dabbed a little Serge Lutens Loukoum, keeping up with the Gourmand 3 x 3 Blind Test group. Those have been fun posts.

Warm and foggy here -- cocooned in the spicy, woodsy warmth of Feminite de Bois.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

White Shoulders... update: washing off, too heady for this warm and humid day.
    Last edited by beachroses; 18th October 2007 at 02:32 PM.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Extra little squeezie hugs for Shycat and Riannon. Susan's now in my "mind album."

Pumped with caffeine and Rochas Femme. Not really feeling the perfume thrill, but not nauseated either.

Daughter's on her way to the airport to visit her friend in Queens. At the last minute she asked, "Do you want me to get you any perfume samples while I'm in New York?"

Scribble, scribble, scribe, note, cursive, print ... "Here!" I gave her a list of brand new frags she can show to SAs. I dare not hope.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Institution

Spezie by Lorenzo Villoresi
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Mandarine Mandarin.
    Oddly enough this is sort of a "go to" scent for me. It's funny because I don't particularly love it, but sometimes it's the only thing that fits.
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood

A beautiful sunny day in my part of Norway. Another day with Hiris

Testing the Kelly Calèche afterwork... I don't have a strong opinion on this as it is nothing like the original Calèche. It it is a fairly easy leather to wear. It is a good introductory scent for the anti-leathers. First whiff was a bit sweet and reminded me of the Dior Cherie, CoCoM... after the candy fades, the mossy bits surface. It has a good staying power, but I don't think I need another bottle of the 'modern-chypre' :bounce:

At work today I ended up with Pleasures.It's been ages since I wore it the last time,and it felt just right today Sote is Gaultier 2.

Today I'm surprising myself by wearing Eternity Moment. Amazing. Just when I think I will never wear something again, I douse myself in it, and then remember why I bought it in the first place!
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Extra little squeezie hugs for Shycat and Riannon. Susan's now in my "mind album."

Pumped with caffeine and Rochas Femme. Not really feeling the perfume thrill, but not nauseated either.

Daughter's on her way to the airport to visit her friend in Queens. At the last minute she asked, "Do you want me to get you any perfume samples while I'm in New York?"

Scribble, scribble, scribe, note, cursive, print ... "Here!" I gave her a list of brand new frags she can show to SAs. I dare not hope.
    You have a nice daughter, Q!
    Last edited by Kotori; 18th October 2007 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky
    Will cave in on him by and by.

—from "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay

bleu autumn haze

I'm wearing Dzing! today ... by special request
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Anglomania for me today. A kinda *happy* scent :bounce:
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Blasted myself out of bed with Pamplelune. Dressed, scented, and caffeinated enough to drive by 645

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

SotE 'twill be Paco Rabanne pour Homme.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Talking Re: SotD Thursday 18 October

Quote Originally Posted by musse View Post
    Anglomania for me today. A kinda *happy* scent :bounce:
    I think so, too! So it's Anglomania for the SotE, and I'm happy because I finally finished thinning the wisteria vines. What a job. I was tempted to twist them into wreaths this year but I got lazy and tossed them to the curb.

I am wearing my exclusive bespoke fragrance, created for me by Michaela Harvey of Pecksniff's - which I finally chose from 3 possibles. I named it Recital. It's an amber oriental and the top notes are rose and lily of the valley. Heart notes are tuberose, jasmine, tagette and ylang ylang. Base notes are amber, vanilla, patchouli, musk and oakmoss. With those basenotes, it would normally be something I'd run screaming from (well, I'd be happy with the patchouli and musk, but I loathe vanilla and oakmoss is supposedly the cause of 'old ladiness' in Mitsouko and its ilk), but somehow this combination works extremely well. It's similar, but not too much so, to Le Baiser Du Dragon. I wore it to work today and everyone remarked on how lovely it is, and how 'expensive' it smells. Well, in real terms, it bloody-well was, but when I order refills it's the same price as any decent fragrance. Having it created was about what I'd pay for 4 decent 100ml bottles of eau de parfum, so I reckon that's a bargain overall. It's mine, no-one else in the world will ever smell like this, and for that reason it's worth every penny.
    Last edited by Clemmie; 18th October 2007 at 10:12 PM.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Treat yourself Zib- those lovely vines will eat houses if you don't keep them whacked. And Clemmie smells lovely and I'm sure unique.

Testing Tom Ford's Bois Rouge and wondering if the wind will knock out the power or knock down some trees.

SotE: Bandit
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Polo Double Black.
    Gary