Code of Conduct

Default Are we ever Satisfied?

Ok I just got back from New York and I picked up a few smellies and life is good. But I am here at my job now and I should be concentrating on work obligations (No Joke) and I am wondering and thinking about fragrances and checking out Basenotes..... I've got tons of fragrances, tons of body oils, tons of shower gels and I am constantly looking for the next best thing or something that will WOW the public.

Because I am know as the Guy who 'smells nice' in any circle I travel in, I constantly am on guard and hoping that I am 'On Point' when I get there.

I sometimes feel like a child who tires of his toys even if they are brand new and shouts out "NEXT." Will I ever, Will I ever, WIll I ever be satisfied? AHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

Are WE ever satisfied?

I am so grateful that I have received Havana this year after wanting it for such a long time but my inner child is not satisfied...I want more..More..More

I think I better check into Ernie Gallo's Fragrance Abuse Clinic....Ha Ha Ha Ha.....Do I need medication?......LOL.

Now I have to say that I do not purchase any new babies with money that is slated for something else....No it does not go that deep..but I am always on the lookout for something new...

Is this human nature?

If you have any comments than feel free.....

Fragrance On,

Otto

Default Re: Are we ever Satisfied?

NO AND JOINING THE ABUSE CLINIC DOES NOT HELP, MUAHAHAHA.

Actually, I think it is a pretty innocent passion until my obsession starts taking up time I need to use someplace else... or I get so many samples my head starts to spin. I'm pretty good about the expense, I don't overspend on anything and never take a vacation, we rarely go out to dinner because the food isn't so great around here, and I don't buy a lot of clothes like other women do. So... why not? Fragrance, bath and body, books and music, that's mainly what I spend my time and money on. I am thoroughly enjoying myself.

"For in the dew of little things, the heart finds its morning and is refreshed." Gibran

Because the magnitude of the human mind is such that it always seeks more, what is beyond the next bend, what is at the next plateau, how much more beauty can the eye behold, how much more love can the heart hold...my answer is no, ours is an insatiable quest for more, and that is how it is and that is how it should be.

What lover would ever say to her love, you have loved me enough, that's enough and no more?

But rather, "Kiss me again...harder."

thus spake Renee
    Last edited by rtamara41; 19th October 2007 at 01:07 AM.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Not really..... We are always on the hunt....I am....that's for sure.
    Gary

summer means fireflys

Never satisfied really, but I have cut waaay back on the pursuit of buying. I still have that very strong desire to test anything and everything.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I am constantly on the pursuit as well but I am in a time where I am confortable to cut back. I am satisfied with my current wardrobe and no matter how far and wide I search, I keep comming back to my favs. This tells me something.

For me fragrance fills a psychological need, and they say psychological needs, unlike physical ones, can never truly be completely filled.

Quote Originally Posted by mharvey816 View Post
    For me fragrance fills a psychological need, and they say psychological needs, unlike physical ones, can never truly be completely filled.
    I think that sums it up nicely for me. (and there aren't any meds I know of that deal well with passionate collectors and afficianados)

No double threads, please.

This time I won't merge the two, but will add the link, so you can continue in the men's forum:
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=200613
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."