Code of Conduct

Thumbs up Why am I addicted to Burberry London?

I know Burberry London is a nice fall/winter fragrance, but I can't stop putting it on. 2 days after I bought my first big bottle, I went out and bought a second one. I have over 4 dozen colognes - many of which are Creeds, but for the last 4 days all I have been wearing is Burberry, and all I ever want to wear is London. It is absolutely intoxicating! Anyone else as addicted to that, or another fragrance as much as I am.

Default Re: Why am I addicted to Burberry London?

I am so addicted as well. London is the best release of the decade! I can't get enough!
    It is so fine!!!

I love this one too. Fall in a bottle, as far as I'm concerned!
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

I finally got around to testing this one. I wasn't in a hurry because I didn't like its predecessor. I really like it -- bottle worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Maz24 View Post
    I know Burberry London is a nice fall/winter fragrance, but I can't stop putting it on. 2 days after I bought my first big bottle, I went out and bought a second one. I have over 4 dozen colognes - many of which are Creeds, but for the last 4 days all I have been wearing is Burberry, and all I ever want to wear is London. It is absolutely intoxicating! Anyone else as addicted to that, or another fragrance as much as I am.
    I suspect, like a lot of us, you're addicted to Burberry London because it's an outstanding, complex, deeply satisfying, and original fragrance. You can put me down as another committed admirer.

BTW, the nose behind the fragrance, Antoine Maisondieu, is no slouch when it comes to create fine, distinctive fragrances. He's someone to watch out for in the future.

Here's a list of some of the other fragrances he responsible for:

Balmain Balman
    Burberry Brit for men (2004)
    Etat Libre d'Orange Don't Get Me Wrong Baby (2007)
    Etat Libre d'Orange Encens & Bubblegum (2006)
    Etat Libre d'Orange Jasmin et Cigarette (2006)
    Etat Libre d'Orange Noel au Balcon (2007)
    Etat Libre d'Orange Rossy de Palma Eau de Protection (2007, with Antoine Lie)
    Etat Libre d'Orange Vierges et Toreros (2007, with Antoine Lie)
    Etat Libre d'Orange Vraie Blonde (2006)
    Giorgio Armani Armani Code (2004, originally Black Code, with Antoine Lie)
    Giorgio Armani Prive Eau de Jade (2004)
    Gucci Eau de Parfum II (2004)
    Gucci Rush for men (with Daniela Andrier)
    Moschino Funny! (2007)
    Paul Smith Extreme for women (2002)
    Paul Smith Paul Smith Rose (2007)
    Roxy Roxy Eau de Toilette (2007)
    ST Dupont L'Eau for men (2004)

scentemental

Last edited by scentemental; 14th November 2008 at 05:41 PM.

I like this as well..I just wished it lasted longer on me....cheesh man....

Fragrance On,

Otto

Remember Duckfinder's Dictum!

Burberry has really knocked it out of the park with Brit and London.

I love London as well... it is the embodiment of this time of year. It has so many radiant nuances that I adore to wear!

Scanning scentimental's list above of fragrances by Antoine Masondieu, I see several other faves (Paul Smith Extreme & ST Dupont L'eau), so there is no wonder this scent is quality!

It is my signature during the Fall and Winter

I love this fragrance too...definitely my favorite by Burberry.
    Thanks to Scentemental for that list. I had never noticed that all those fragrances were "related". That's a very impressive resume, whether or not you like everything on it.

Blog Entries

I haven't tried it since last year when it was released...but you guys are really tempting me to give it a second shot! I think the last frag I was really addicted to where I couldn't stop sniffing it was Gaultier2.

Edited to add Musc Ravageur!!! That's gonna be a fall/winter staple for me.
    Last edited by CologneJunkie; 19th October 2007 at 10:23 PM.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Yes, Burberry London is a beauty. I really enjoy wearing it.
    There's another London out there you guys should try...Paul Smith London.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Paul Smith London is good, but with Burberry London one spray will get you addicted!
    Last edited by Maz24; 20th October 2007 at 08:48 AM.

Burberry London lasted only 2 hours on my skin. Loved the smell, but the longevity was a deal breaker for me.

I recently got a mini of London, and I like it a lot. It has an excellent mix of notes, including that nice tobacco. I wore it last night on a date at a restaurant in Hollywood that Humphrey Bogart used to frequent, so it fit for me. My only wish with London is that is wasn't so smooth. I wish that it was a bit more raw, more in-your-face.

I guess this leads to a slight critique of the Burberry scents. I also own Touch--quite a nice blend of florals, spice, wood and musk--and I used to have at least a mini of Burberry for Men, with its "pears and tobacco"--two other distinctive scents, in my mind. Yet it seems like they could've been just a little bit better. To me, all three have a bit of a synthetic quality which creates a little "distance" between me and the scent, or they're just made the way they are--polished in a way--to appeal to the mass market. Just my opinion. It's like, if they were taken one step beyond, they could be classics, or even better than they are. I don't know what you think...maybe it's just my chemistry.

I'll certainly use up my London mini in no time--I still like it a lot. And I'll probably buy a bigger bottle after that. Since I find London distinctive, I'll appreciate it for what it is--a very good scent.
    Last edited by Spicemeister; 22nd October 2007 at 04:52 AM.

I also own burberry touch which is as you said, a nice blend of florals, wood, and musk. A classic!

Yeah I like it too. I actually got my 3.3 ounce bottle for 22 dollars at CVS recently hehe.

I love London and I'm glad it's popular among the folks here. It's long-lasting and neither strong nor weak. I feel like many other brands are trying to produce something as modern as this, but London is so well-blended. And the bottle is nice.

I was very pleased with the juice itself but -- as with Otto and JwS -- this stuff only lasted a short time on my skin.
    As a result, I won't be buying a bottle for myself. But, again, it IS awfully good for a mainstream frag these days.
    London reminds me in many ways of (the original) Burberry for Men, that long discontinued Eighties nectar for which I pine.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 22nd October 2007 at 11:26 AM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

I tried this one recently & IMO it is a great scent.

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    Yeah I like it too. I actually got my 3.3 ounce bottle for 22 dollars at CVS recently hehe.
    Has Burberry London really made it to the drugstores like Brit did?! If so, I need to pick it up if it is being offered at that hefty discount. Besides CVS, are there others that are carrying London (e.g. Walgreens, Rite Aid, etc.)?

Quote Originally Posted by CM Wolff View Post
    Has Burberry London really made it to the drugstores like Brit did?! If so, I need to pick it up if it is being offered at that hefty discount. Besides CVS, are there others that are carrying London (e.g. Walgreens, Rite Aid, etc.)?
    My local Rite Aid stores do not have it displayed.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

London's "Port" note is very intriguing and a little intoxicating. The booze trip didn't last long on my skin so I decided against picking it up. Too bad they couldn't bottle the longevity of Brit in it. Never could figure out why they called it "London". To me, it's more reminiscent of the the woods in Autumn.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Basenotes Institution

I did not like it when I tried it - I can't say why...I felt bored smelling it.

I must go against the tide on this one guys, but I don't 'get' this one. Maybe I'll give it a try one more time, next time I'm at Macy's...but from what I remember I didn't like it at all.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

I agree, It smells very similar to the Original Burberry's for Men. I wish it had its longevity and sillage.

They should have an "Intense" version of it!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I did not like it when I tried it - I can't say why...I felt bored smelling it.

I must go against the tide on this one guys, but I don't 'get' this one. Maybe I'll give it a try one more time, next time I'm at Macy's...but from what I remember I didn't like it at all.
    Mike,
    I hear ya. My impression is that you like more exotic, unusual stuff. London, though very good, is a little on the conservative side.

I do really like it, but the longevity and price have combined to form a purchase contraceptive!

Dave

Hi Wolff...It is in SOME CVS's, but not all. Only the large stores with big fragrance selections (which also have Cartier, Kouros, Angel, etc). To tell you the truth I actually lucked out - The 3.3 ounce bottle of London was mistakenly marked at 22.99 but they still had to honor the price : )
    --------------------------------------
    And in my experience, I have yet to see any good quality fragrances at Walgreens or Rite Aid.
    Last edited by leor_77; 24th October 2007 at 02:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Burberry London is brilliant, is elegant, refined, is a masterpiece.

I've been wanting to buy this one. Now with all the raves in this thread, I shall not hesitate. My question is- should I go for the normal or the Special Edition Burberry London? Is there a difference in the juice. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by xmen; 15th February 2009 at 04:04 AM.

Sweet, boozy and spicy...
    xmen, you should get the mini bottle (about $7) to test it out first

agh this is amazing
    I dont really like it that much
    I have about 55% of a 3.4 if anyone is interested
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

I perceive this scent as distinguished and yet extremely wearable and no-nonsense, with lots of edges and complex notes, so I guess it's not hard to get addicted.

london is already awesome on its own, but some days i add a spray of Mugler cologne on top and the combined concoction blows my fucking mind. try it

Maybe the tobacco note contains nicotine
    Spring/Summer Wardrobe: vetiver extraordinaire, rose 31, terre d'hermes!