Code of Conduct

Default You know you're a Fragrance Snob when you.......

Give your Co-Worker two smellies from your collection because you are soooooo tired of smelling the same thing everyday (They only owned one.....Imagine) ....AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH....LOLOLOLOLOL

This actually happened....They were told..."Please do not wear what you have on today...Tomorrow."..........

Fragrance On,

Otto
    Last edited by Otto; 20th October 2007 at 01:06 PM.

Default Re: You know your a Fragrance Snob when you.......

you're a fragrance snob when you.....

are surrounded by SA's who only want to get the latest whiff but they still won't take your rubber checks.

Have you seen my thread about not wanting to let my room mate buy any of the same scents as me? LOL I guess thats more greed than snobbery!

I AM convinced that I have great taste!
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

...write long, lecturing posts on Basenotes and feel an urge to kill if someone disagrees.

Default Re: You know you're a Fragrance Snob when you.......

when you know the difference between edc, edt, and edp...ha ha most people would just say "cologne" is for guys and "perfume" is for chicks!

Quote Originally Posted by jdnba View Post
    when you know the difference between edc, edt, and edp...ha ha most people would just say "cologne" is for guys and "perfume" is for chicks!
    I think that makes me a better shopper. The $200.00 bottle of cologne? The $15.00 EDP?

Quote Originally Posted by fredricktoo View Post
    I think that makes me a better shopper. The $200.00 bottle of cologne? The $15.00 EDP?
    ha ha yeah your right!

You know youre a fragrance snob when you stand in front of your hefty collection for almost 5 minutes exclaiming "I just have NOTHING to weeear!"...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guerlain View Post
    ...write long, lecturing posts on Basenotes and feel an urge to kill if someone disagrees.
    Yes, indeed!

HAHA! I'm completely guilty of that. I'll stand and stare even if I'm running late.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    You know youre a fragrance snob when you stand in front of your hefty collection for almost 5 minutes exclaiming "I just have NOTHING to weeear!"...
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

...know that Creed makes great fragrances, to other people Creed is just a rock band.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

or when you tell the idiots at work that you're wearing Aqua di Gio when they ask because you can't be arsed with the cretinous conversation that would follow if you told them what you were actally wearing (that they had "never heard of it", or perhaps they would just stare with a puzzled look on their face that makes you want to slap them)....for example.

... walk along Grafton Street, the main shopping center of Dublin, Ireland, and have to write the name of Creed on a paper because no single SA in any perfumeshop even heard it and wouldn't understand what you actually want.

I completely agree, it's nerve-wracking having to pick just ONE scent!
    Last edited by olivieroraffaele; 20th October 2007 at 04:48 PM.
    "A ti que te consuelas con cubrirte de Chanel las huellas de mis besos." - Arjona

Wink Re: You know you're a Fragrance Snob when you.......

You know you're a cologne snob if you're thinking which one should I wear ,And you're only going to the supermarket.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerby View Post
    You know you're a cologne snob if you're thinking which one should I wear ,And you're only going to the supermarket.
    Lol, SO true!
    I even ponder over what i will spray before bed...

Quote Originally Posted by olivieroraffaele View Post
    I completely agree, it's nerve-wracking having to pick just ONE scent!
    Ditto this! Or maybe this is more "You know you have too many bottles of fragrances when...".

Creed? I thought that was the first thing new sniffers picked up here.
    Last edited by shifts; 20th October 2007 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shifts View Post

Creed? I thought that was the first thing new sniffers picked up here.
    True.

You're on a work related road trip with a good friend and co-worker, driving through the night and stopping at a very clean highway rest stop. You're at separate urinals and he remarks, geez, they really keep this place smelling clean, out here in the sticks. You know you're the snob you are when you reply, "Yeah, and they're clearly very into the restroom cleaning agents with heavy doses of heliotrope. Geez is right."

I heard heliotrope jokes at the office for a month.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

-When someone asks you "mmm, what's that you're wearing, it's nice!" and you answer "pfff, you wouldn't understand."

-When you correct everyone's French for the proper pronunciation of fragrance names, even when the names are in english like Silver Mountain Water, and when you say the names of all your fragrances, including the English ones with an affected Parisian accent, and also when you run around in general speaking in a fake Parisian accent...

-When you can't decide which fragrance to wear to your morning shower.
    Last edited by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR; 20th October 2007 at 06:51 PM.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Slumberhouse : Norne
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

Or when you get mad when you're with friends passing through the fragrance counters in department stores and they pick out something you don't like and you say to them "dude, get this instead, it's soo much better.."

^True story, thats why I don't go shopping with them anymore when I wanna buy something (same with clothes too now).

...when you are able to identiphy mandarin, bergamot, vetiver and sandalwood smelling a fragance. That happened to me today when smelling an Allure sample. I am a newbie, and I have only five fragances!
    Yesterday I was talking to a friend, and I told her I could not wear Agua de Sandalo wearing a dark coloured shirt, and she looked at me like ...what the hell are you saying? I just feel scared of this new "hobby"

Basenotes Institution

....when you (as a man) smell WAY BETTER than all of the women at your office.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

... look with unforced disdain at people when they say, "You smell really good. That reminds me of a cologne I have," knowing fully well there's no way they could own L'Artisan

when you....disdain mass market fragrances, and the people who wear them.

When you no longer buy scents that cost UNDER $50.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

...when you go out of your way to NOT EVEN ACKNOWLDGE the 'Boss' installation in the department store...

...spend longer than 30 seconds seriously pondering how and where, on your body, to apply your fragrance. Walk through, pulse points, back of neck, toso, chest, knees, 6 inches 10 inches etc.

Giggle every time you hear the words "Axe Body Spray."

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Everyone on here laughs when they hear "AdG/Fierce/Drift is the BEST cologne ever." from drunk girls at a party. And drunk guys. Like last night for example, when I somehow dropped the bomb that I have 51 fragrances (Not colognes), and one of my friends decided it was his solemn duty to tell me what the best ones were. Can you guess who passed out in the car from over-intoxication, and who didn't?

Someone asks what cologne you're wearing, and when they don't recognize "Black Aoud by Montale", they feel it necessary to say "Well, my boyfriend used to wear this cologne that nobody had ever heard of, and it smelled really good too." As if that makes it OK for me to wear Black Aoud. It's like when somebody says "Well, I knew a Black/Gay/Atheist/Muslim guy in high school." And that's supposed to make it OK that you're Black/Gay/Atheist/Muslim. STFU.

You get more concernicus than anyone else in the van when they pull out the can of Axe and start spraying people as a joke. You scream and start punching people. Then you drive Drew to the ER to get stitches....

And you still haven't apologized.
    - Rich
    Last edited by _R$_; 21st October 2007 at 01:02 AM.
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Quote Originally Posted by _R$_ View Post
    You get more concernicus than anyone else in the van when they pull out the can of Axe and start spraying people as a joke. You scream and start punching people. Then you drive Drew to the ER to get stitches....

And you still haven't apologized.
    - Rich
    Similar situation happens to me almost all the time I go out... I spray something on before I leave the house, go to friends house to meet everyone... pre-game a little. They decide to cloud the entire room with Polo Blue/Curve Wave/AXE/etc ... I run and hide before I start to smell of it too, sometimes I make it out of there in time, and sometimes I don't

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by thenmarcher View Post
    When you no longer buy scents that cost UNDER $50.

TNMA
    Funny but true.

Edit:Sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post
    Giggle every time you hear the words "Axe Body Spray."
    Or "Fresh and clean."

I gotta admit though, some of those body sprays don't smell bad at all.

Thrax

I'll man up and admit that I do own a bottle of Axe Touch.

...when you won't even bother talking to an SA because you know for certain they haven't heard of what you're looking for.
    Last edited by Nicolas V; 21st October 2007 at 02:25 AM.
    You are not your perfume.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

When you feel perfectly justified in correcting SAs' mistakes and misinformation about scents.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

... when you buy new furniture into the bathroom, and your wife, making room so throwing everything into trashbin, would spray -just to see what it is- on herself some cheap terrible edt she has received from one of her pupils, and it's so suffocating, she would wash it off, but the air is filled with it, you are up half night, not knowing if it would be better to puke, or just trying to sleep on.
    True story from this night.

...when you are given a series of samples with a purchase, and upon closer inspection, you decide to leave them on the countertop.

When you make a purchase and bring samples FOR the SA.

TNMA

Cool Re: You know you're a Fragrance Snob when you.......

You're depressed when you get a compliment on a readily available designer fragrance.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

... when you wear your HG to work and expect all others around you to worship your feet!

When you can't wait to get a ton of Lutens bell jars, use them all up, fill them with colored water and put them on display. Breathtaking.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Quote Originally Posted by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR View Post
    -When someone asks you "mmm, what's that you're wearing, it's nice!" and you answer "pfff, you wouldn't understand."
    Quote Originally Posted by BrothaG View Post
    When you can't wait to get a ton of Lutens bell jars, use them all up, fill them with colored water and put them on display. Breathtaking.
    SNOB is an imitator, comformist, the slave of "refined taste", a man without brains. He wears good perfumes not for the reason he likes and understands the quality of a scent. He wears them because he knows taht it is "good taste"

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    ....when you (as a man) smell WAY BETTER than all of the women at your office.
    It's nice description. But I wouldn't call such a man snob. I would call him metrosexual or whatever
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

Quote Originally Posted by thenmarcher View Post
    When you make a purchase and bring samples FOR the SA.

TNMA
    LOL Totally done this! I'm such a dick!
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Not quite snobbery, but it's a particularly basenotes moment when you realize you are washing a reasonably clean garment because it smells too good.

Ugh, I've done that... haha, but at least I'm starting to settle down with what I have now,

When you are ever so slightly disturbed reading a fragrance review that is so far into your idea of fragrance left field that it sounds like a different fragrance to you even though you know everyone is entitled to his or her opinion This is especially true when it's one of your favorites.

When it kinda makes you a little mad when your best friend doesn't mention your debut of the newest "mind blowing" fragrance you've purchased.
    Last edited by nthny; 22nd October 2007 at 05:57 AM.

When a SA offers you a sample in passing and you reply by saying " I don't wear peasant water ".

When you wonder " what am i going to wear to pick out a nice bottle of wine."

You give your friends weird looks if they say the holy grail is a chalice... clearly, it is a bottle of perfume, and many Basenoters have found one.

Your spray perfume down your pants. Just a little present for whoever goes down there today.

You keep a perfumed hankie in your back pocket.
    - Rich
    Last edited by _R$_; 23rd October 2007 at 02:00 AM.
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    When a SA offers you a sample in passing and you reply by saying " I don't wear peasant water ".
    Funny. Could also use "heathen water. Either way, funny.

TNMA

Shoes are no longer the first thing in your mind when you accessorize your clothing.

Years later you remember when your brother said "it smells like something crawled out your ass and died there" --you now take it as a compliment. (True...)
    You give perfume as a baby shower gift.
    You move to Paris to be closer to those non-export bottles.
    You discover that BRUT is an amazing scent but only after years of evolution as a junior and intermediate fragrance snob.
    Your last will and testament has complicated instructions about what fragrance(s) you'll wear at the wake, the funeral and in the afterlife and about the foundation to which you bequeath your collection.

...when you are given a series of samples with a purchase, and upon closer inspection, you decide to leave them on the countertop.

OMG -- I have SO done that myself!

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]