Code of Conduct

Cool Forget about The Lynx Effect...It should be The Antaeus Effect!

Ok, sign me up....I am now officially declaring myself part of the "Chanel Antaeus fan club" on Basenotes. You guys have another member.

What an uber-masculine and incredibly sexy fragrance! I always thought that honour would solely be the preserve of Rive Gauche but I have now found a fragrance in Antaeus that tops it.

You know, it could have been just a coincidence but I could have sworn when I wore it over the weekend that women seemed to be just a tad more interested than normal. Maybe that is because when I am wearing Chanel Antaeus I feel a lot sexier than normal ;D
    Last edited by Red_Rose; 22nd October 2007 at 07:16 PM.

Default Re: Forget about The Lynx Effect...It should be The Antaeus Effect!

The holy grail is always the fragrance that makes you feel sexier!

Antaeus rocks........

I became a fan from the first day i wore it. I don't wear it often though coz i want to keep the love affair alive.

gupts

Antaeus is my current favourite. It's incredible stuff, and it feels like it's as sexy as hell. I can't believe I dismissed this magic elixer when I first got it and put it on the shelf and ignored it. (My excuse: it was summer and it didn't quite work.)
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter they are known as liars.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluard View Post
    Antaeus is my current favourite. It's incredible stuff, and it feels like it's as sexy as hell. I can't believe I dismissed this magic elixer when I first got it and put it on the shelf and ignored it. (My excuse: it was summer and it didn't quite work.)

@ Eluard...

I know you got hold of this vintage juice on ebay recently ....how does it compare with the current formulation?

gupts

It's times like these that I wonder whether I have got a problem with my nose?? I mean tons of people LOVE this frag. If I "kind of" liked it then I could maybe see one thing good with Antaeus.... but seriously I would go so far as to say it repulses me!!

I feel bad for hating on it so much but it is hideous to my nose... thgis is why I think it may be an issue inside my nose lol. To me it smells of burning nostril hair and after a few hours it calms down to a talc powder smell that is just... well powdery? I tried it again on my wrist on Saturday when I was shopping and damn... I washed it 2 or 3 times to get rid of it and I could still smell it... I am smelling my wrist now with today being Monday (maybe 4-5 washes and an application of L'Eau D'Issey later) and I can STILL smell it!!

Sorry for this rant chaps but as you can tell... I am not a fan.
    Last edited by r2s; 22nd October 2007 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    @ Eluard...

I know you got hold of this vintage juice on ebay recently ....how does it compare with the current formulation?

gupts
    Good question. I haven't yet received the juice that I think you're referring to it's been delayed by the UK mail strike. But I also got a small (.17ozs) sample of old juice and it is EDP strength compared to what can be bought in the stores now. With postage it cost about $12. But the scent is the same.
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter they are known as liars.

Around ten years ago when Allure Homme came out, the SA insisted on making me try all of the mens' Chanels. I got to Antaeus and was disgusted by it. It smelled really dirty to me. I took the sample card to work even and was asking people "who would like such a smell?"

Then five years later, the memory of it popped into my head, and I wanted to get a bottle. I called the store but they no longer carried it. I searched and searched. Finally, this year I got a bottle. It doesn't seem quite as strong as I'd remembered-- maybe because of the reformulation. It's still great though. I haven't had a chance to wear it much, but heading into the cold months I will.

I love Antaeus.

It's my #1 all time fav. Glad to see it is still earning respect after all these years....

I don't get why people feel bad about disliking a fragrance... It's called personal taste, don't take it... personally.

Antaeus is just good. Chanel has done quite well with the older men's releases. Yes, it is in my top three. Another one in my top three is Egoiste. Go Chanel go.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Not my #1 scent, not even in my top 5, but I do like it. Not the most masculine scent I own, but it certainly is not feminine by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Rose View Post

You know, it could have been just my coincidence but I could have sworn when I wore it over the weekend that women seemed to be just a tad more interested than normal. ;D

I have had very similar experiences myself, as described in my review of Antaeus in the fragrance directory. I don't think it was your imagination.

Ok cheers Levente, I will look your review up!

It's amazing scent which I hope they will never change or discontinue.