Code of Conduct

Default If the Godfather would...

Guys, if the don had a signature fragrance, what would it be?

What about...Mike? sunny? Fredo?
    Current Favorites

Creed- Windsor
    Serge Lutens- Chergui
    Creed- GIT
    Lolita Lempica Au Masculin
    Ysl M7
    Creed-Aventus
    Pure Malt
    Chanel Egoiste
    Egyptian Goddess
    Serge Lutens- Arabie
    Frederic Malle- Musc Ravageur
    Acqua di Parma- Mandorlo

Dependent

Default Re: If the Godfather would...

Brando took his role quite seriously

"in one scene he uttered two phrases, ``After all, we are not murderers ... in spite of what the undertaker says.'' In between the two phrases, Don Corleone, paused to inhale the fragrance of a rose. It was a brilliant touch. Finding a supporting actor not up to the mark in a crucial scene, Brando, who was supposed to slap him, hit him really hard. The shocked actor reacted with astonishment and rose to the occasion!"

I have to think about the other three. I can see Mikey forgetting and Fredo and Sonny over applying but for different reasons.

Nice touch with the rose idea...

Don - C&S No.88
    Michael - Creed Vetiver (1948)
    Sonny - Carthusia Uomo
    Fredo - Tommy by Hilfiger

vito corleone would wear something powerful, but understated like original tabarone or cuba by smn

mike would wear something like varvatos or maybe even Michael by kors(not intended to be funny)

Sonny would have been something brash like kouros or coty musk(something to let everyone know he was there.

Fredo would wear something like mure et musc because he was such pushover...sort of like the frag(real light, lurking on the edges, but not quite there)

This is all of course if we are looking at it from a purely fictional perspective and time frame is not of issue i.e. we are matching frags to their personality types and not with frags that existed in the 20's, thirties, 40's and 50's !
    Last edited by jdnba; 20th October 2007 at 09:19 PM.

Something elegant, but wholly conventional, like a well tailored suit. Can't think of what that would be, obviously something that would have been available in the mid 70s-early 80s. Perhaps something from Santa Maria Novella, which he could have encountered during his "exile" in Sicily, where he met his dear but short-lived first wife. Or maybe something from Mazzolari?
    Last edited by Joe_Frances; 20th October 2007 at 10:21 PM.

I enjoy the idea of the Don wearing C&S #88, and Michael wearing Vetiver ('48), but Sonny and Fredo are wrong. Of course, we're looking past the fault that most of the fragrances we know weren't out then.

Sonny - Timbuktu by L'Artisan. He was a strangely powerful and out of control character. So much so, it lead to his murder.
    Fredo - Such a sad character, he would probably have worn something like Aqua di Gio, never quite fitting into the role he was supposed to play in his family, but always trying to anyways. I could also see him wearing Voleur de Roses by L'Artisan.
    Quote Originally Posted by fredricktoo View Post
    Brando took his role quite seriously

"in one scene he uttered two phrases, ``After all, we are not murderers ... in spite of what the undertaker says.'' In between the two phrases, Don Corleone, paused to inhale the fragrance of a rose. It was a brilliant touch. Finding a supporting actor not up to the mark in a crucial scene, Brando, who was supposed to slap him, hit him really hard. The shocked actor reacted with astonishment and rose to the occasion!"

Was that when he slapped his god son, Johnny Fontane?
    - Rich
    Last edited by _R$_; 21st October 2007 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

I could see the Don wearing something from Santa Maria Novella. As someone said, I could see Michael going for Creed Vetiver, especially before he got into the family business. It would make sense for him to wear something English, since he was kind of the black sheep in the family and more "Americanized" than the others (until later).
    Last edited by Maxwell; 21st October 2007 at 05:28 AM.

Don Vito would definitely wear something Italian and traditional, a simple acqua di colonia with citrus and herbal notes.

Sonny would wear something loud and brutal, maybe even cheap.

Michael would wear something quintessentially English, "well-tailored".

Fredo would wear something supposedly hyper-masculine that would be too "big" for him.

Tom Hagen would wear something clean and efficient.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

What about Tom, the consiglieri? (I probably spelled that wrong,) He was a pretty essential figure in the family.
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood

Quote Originally Posted by sshak13 View Post
    Guys, if the don had a signature fragrance, what would it be?
    I always think of oranges. Maybe something with neroli.

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio

From the XIX century, sicilians (upper) bought perfumes at London.

I think a Creed or a Floris , but not floral, sicilians males don't worn florals ;-)
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

The Don: Acqua di Selva
    Sonny: Agua Brava
    Michael: Eau Sauvage
    Fredo: Brut
    I know these don't all go back to the fifties, but I think the spirit is right.

Pino Silvestre

Vintage Tabarome (the second most expensive Creed created).
    -

For some reason, I see them wearing Ungaro III, Salvatore Ferraamo. Antaeus, Van Cleef & Arpels, Armani PH, Bvlgari PH and Aqva. In whatever order.

Creed Bois du Portugal or Vetiver 1948 (Marlon Brando)
    Creed Zeste Mandarine P. or Millésime Imperial (Al Pacino)
    Last edited by P-Natra; 22nd October 2007 at 08:13 AM.

The dark and cerebral Leonard Pour Homme would have been worn by one of the members of the Corleone family as they conjured thought on a cool, overcast October evening, the smell of burning leaves in the distance and dead leaves rustling underneath their feet.

Vito Corleone (in this case, Brando) would have worn Domenico Caraceni.
    Last edited by pluran; 23rd October 2007 at 05:45 AM.