Code of Conduct

Default Some questions from a newbie

Hi everybody. I developed a big interest in fragrances in the last few weeks, which has really surprised me (I only had Old Spice for the last years and i did not not use it !), and I have tested lots of fragrances in these days, and bought some of them and I feel just happy when I wear them.
    I have a few questions:
    1. Do you carry a bottle of perfume with you? I mean, I feel sad after a few hours when the fragrance dissapear, but I am not sure if carry one bottle is obsessive!
    2. Do you use fragrances just for being at home.
    3. Last one: one day i went to bed with Le Male (I mean the fragrance, hehe!), only for feeling the beautiful smelling.

Am I monster? Am I neurotic?

I hope your answers, and sorry for bad english.
    Last edited by migjurado; 22nd October 2007 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Mistakes

Default Re: Some questions from a newbie

Welcome!
    You will see and read many varied degrees of "weird" here - but thats what keeps us coming back for more
    In answer to your questions:
    1. Sometimes. If i have a scent that i know wears close to the skin, occasionally ill pop a small decant in my pocket to top up if I am expecting to meet someone special or attend an event.
    2. ABSOLUTELY. I wear one around the house if Im home, and will often change after showering. I will also admit that i spritz before bed!
    3. Lots of chaps on basenotes go to bed with "Le male", but Im not one of em.

Youre not a monster, or neurotic... youre one of us!
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 22nd October 2007 at 07:04 PM.

1. Like Dimitri, yes if it's either something that wears off fast on me, or if I'll be away for a long day.
    2. Also with Dimitri on this.. I wear one (at least) while at home.. more if I'm testing.
    3. Yeah, I think a lot of people like to spray something on before bed now and then at least. (Montale Roses Musk was last night )
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

I'm a newbie too; I only got involved a few months ago.

1. I don't do this, but if it was a mild cologne I might.

2. So far, that's what I've mainly been doing! I've been testing new ones out, so I check at home before exposing myself to the outside world. But even ones I know I like I put on when alone, for my own enjoyment.

3. I've been putting on Carnal Flower every night before I got to bed as it really relaxes me.

1. No, I never have but I do refresh my SOTD sometimes when I'm home.

2. Oh yes! I want to smell my favorites both at home and away.

3. Since I'm retired and I smoke a cigar after supper, I always take a shower before bedtime and I always spray on a scent.

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Hi, migjurado! Your english is good!

In answer to your questions:

1. I always carry several bottles of perfume around with me! As well as carrying the bottle of the daily perfume that I wear to work for top-ups, my holdall doubles as a mobile mini-wardrobe with a choice of conveniently-sized travel sprays or decants - for those occasions when I hit the town straight from work. It always pays to be prepared

2. Hometime is Sampletime - I'm not going to waste my precious chosen ammunition on the firing range

3. I like to try out new samples at bedtime, as I find the darkness and silence allows my olfactory senses - and my imagination - to focus on the fragrance.

1) I never carry extra scent, but I may refresh or change in the evening after work
    2) I have 2 sets of fragrance - the ones I like to wear and the ones I am thinking of selling/swapping - occasionally I will wear a sell/swap at home. I also like Brut occassionally at home
    3) sometimes I will spray something on before bed - to try a sample or just to enjoy a favorite

1. Nope too lazy, but i'd like to.
    2. Hmm sometimes i need to relax i put some on.
    3. Rarely, its nice though.

1. Sometimes I bring a decant with me.
    2. Yes, I wear frag every day.
    3. I usually spray once on my wrist and go to bed. Some scents brought me nightmare, and that is A*Men lol.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Talking Re: Some questions from a newbie

Hi migjurado and welcome to the madness. I have to say that if you are a monster or neurotic well then so am I and a whole lot of other folks. Fragrance doesn't last too long on me and I always have a decant with me during the day. I love wearing something to bed as I can really savor it. You know, no noise or distractions or pressures of the day. I can just enjoy it as I drift off into bliss.
    I have read in Plato and Cicero sayings that are wise and very beautiful; but I have never read in either of them: Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden.'' --Saint Augustine

“Hastiness and superficiality are the psychic diseases of the twentieth century, and more than anywhere else this disease is reflected in the press.”--Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Welcome to the boards!

1) No, but that's just because I usually know that I'll be back home to refresh before my scents wear off. I usually get really good longevity for some reason.

2) Absolutely always. Best place to sample.

3) Not usually. I fall asleep too fast, so it would be a waste. If I were an insomniac I probably would though.

We are all neurotic monsters here, just so you know.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 23rd October 2007 at 05:30 AM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Welcome!

1. I do bring decants with me, depending on the scent. I love Creed MI but damn if it gives me longevity problems at times.

2. I do wear scents for sampling and for alteration of moods.

3. I do wear scents to bed, I call them comfort scents. Heeley's Eau de Menthe is so damn refreshing; it lasts for half an hour, if that, so it works out.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Oh thanks! Lots of answers...I am not alone in this madness. One question...how do you decant a fragrance? It is not "dangerous" to open the bottle? Is not possible maybe some kind of contamination, or oxidation..?

Smile Re: Some questions from a newbie

The only way to decant from a spray without opening the bottle is to hold a decant container up to the spray nozzle and pump away until the container is full. If I only have a little left in the spray container I will decant by gently prying off the top with a pair of needle nose plyers. I say gently because I don't want to break the glass. Also I have had some scents that the atomizer mechanism is just crap and won't work right or will spray but also ooze juice all down the bottle and my hand as well. So I remove the top and decant into 10 ml decant containers with atomizers on them.

Rick
    For sale post

[url]http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=190169[/url]

" I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors