Code of Conduct

Default Christian Dior Midnight Poison = Voleur de Roses au feminin?

Have you already sampled it ladiz?
    What do you think?

Default Re: Christian Dior Midnight Poison = Voleur de Roses au feminin?

I shall head for a Dior counter as soon as I can.
    If it is VDR feminine, I should love it.

I found Midnight Poison intensely medicinal. Not for me.

Blog Entries

Actually that is a pretty good take on the new Midnight Poison.

I can confirm it because I have fallen in love with the addition to the Poison range but have been unable to purchase a bottle as yet. In an effort to ease my craving I layered a wee dab of L'Artisan Voleur de Roses with a squirt of Yves Rocher Rose Absolue - the result was very similar!! Especially in the dry down...

In Midnight Poison, the opening and heart is dominated more by the bergamot and mandarin notes with the rose softening and blending almost seamlessly with the patchouli. This fruity rose tempered patchouli lasts until the end with the base amber and bourbon vanilla only serving to soften and sweeten the patchouli further. The whole scent is sexy but remains fresh and light. A very modern interpretation of the rose / amber / patchouli theme.

I have sampled this a few times now and each time I fall for it all over again. I especially love layering it with Voleur de Roses to amp up all that is beautiful in both scents...

*sigh* :smile:
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Dear moondeva, I bet the result of your layering is pretty close to MP.
    You're a master when it comes to layering..hehe
    Actually when I smelled MP what catched my nose giving me instantly the VdR association was the moist earthyness of the patchouli present in both of them. MP maybe is a bit less fruity and more rosey. Anyway I think this is probably the best re-edition of the latest poison series since ipnotic bored me so much of smelling it everywhere and pure has not been that hyperbole... At least this seem to put the word end to the fruity candy gourmands chez Dior I hope.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent View Post
    Dear moondeva, I bet the result of your layering is pretty close to MP.
    You're a master when it comes to layering..hehe
    Actually when I smelled MP what catched my nose giving me instantly the VdR association was the moist earthyness of the patchouli present in both of them. MP maybe is a bit less fruity and more rosey. Anyway I think this is probably the best re-edition of the latest poison series since ipnotic bored me so much of smelling it everywhere and pure has not been that hyperbole... At least this seem to put the word end to the fruity candy gourmands chez Dior I hope.
    My dear Magnifiscent, flattery will get you everywhere!!

I agree that Hypnotic and Pure Poison where disappointing additions to the wonderful Poison stable. I adore and own the Original and the Tendre. This is a return to form but I am surprised they did not include the characteristic tuberose which is a significant factor in the original. I suppose it is too far out of favour (as a note) and 'Poison' defines sexy, outre 'love / hate' scents for the current generation / fashion. Shame really...
    Last edited by moondeva; 25th October 2007 at 03:43 PM.
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Oh I'm the other way. I love the original Poison and Hypnotic Poison but can't stand Tendre Poison (then again, I don't like green scents). I'll agree that Pure Poison was blah, although I sniffed the Elixir, and that was nice, with some hints of the original.

Midnight Poison smells nothing like roses on me. I wonder why that is? It was like some sort of muscle rub! I guess I will have to sample it again.

Basenotes Institution

I think Indiscreet and I share the same skin chemistry - because I like original Poison (I own the Esprit de Parfum) and Hypnotic Poison and yet Midnight Poison smells too much like Angel for my tastes...I adore Voleur de Roses (and patchouli) so that isn't what's turning me off. It just smells 'been there, done that' to me.

Glad that it's getting some love out there...I wanted to like it. I am always secretly hoping for a good Dior scent, they're one of my favorite lines.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    ...I adore Voleur de Roses (and patchouli) so that isn't what's turning me off. It just smells 'been there, done that' to me.
    Exactly my thoughts!