Code of Conduct

Default has anyone tried Humiecki & Graef Skarb?

the Perfumed Court describes it thusly:

Humiecki & Graef Skarb

Humiecki & Graef wanted a perfume created that captured "how men cry" - eruptive and sensual. How men deal with melancholia and happiness were further inspiration.

The scent is not constructed in the traditional pyramid, but star-shaped. The center is to reflect shed tears. The other points of the star represent other pieces of the idea: purification, a deep slavic soul, childhood memories, as well as the soft and animalistic feeling of naked skin.

The notes are absinth, myrtle, lovage, barley extract, musk, carrot seeds, incense, myrrh, patchouli, orris, chamomille, prune. An original scent for men or women.

I'll wait to see if there are any of you good folk who have tried this brew.

Thanks

• • • • • • • • • • •

I've got more info from

ausliebezumduft.de

149 euros for the 100ml bottle
    Last edited by fredricktoo; 24th October 2007 at 03:59 AM.

Default Re: has anyone tried Humiecki & Graef Skarb?

I thought it was pretty good (Just got a sample from LS)
    It is similar to (MB) Mark Birley....or at least that's what I'm reminded of without testing side by side...The price is what makes me hesitant....I like it a little bit better than MB.

It didn't do much for me -- pass!

Its not even worth a 1/4 of the price they are asking for it.

LS being Lucky Scent?

The Perfumed Court has samples as noted above and loving Mark Birley
    I must have some Humiecki & Graef Skarb

you have no idea how dead I thought this thread was. Thank you for the info.

ajmc, I respect your nose so I'll limit my sample to 1.5ml - thank you
    Last edited by fredricktoo; 26th November 2007 at 06:02 PM.

Haven't tried it, no, but its name sounds distinctly Klingon cum Nordic or something:
    Humiecki & Graef Skarb.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by rjrober22 View Post
    It is similar to (MB) Mark Birley....or at least that's what I'm reminded of without testing side by side...The price is what makes me hesitant....I like it a little bit better than MB.
    Totally agree with rjrober22's assesment. I did not like it. But I did not like MB to begin with.

Basenotes Institution

Love the name
    Love the bottle
    Love the marketing shtick

But...I don't remember liking Mark Birley when I tested it a while ago. I'll have to sample it.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Men crying BS. Star shaped BS. Smells like Mark Birley BS

I got a sample and expected nothing from what I've read so far. Was I surprised when I sprayed it on and liked it from first whiff. This stuff is "Pure Class in a Bottle"
    A modern "Gentlemen's Scent". Fresh without smelling like detergent or "Bounce"
    Just a hint of sweetness to keep you sniffing yourself through the entire day, which this one is capable of lasting. A subtle sillage to be confident in the office. This one's a sleeper. Get a sample and wear it for day and the appreciation for its splendor goes way up.There is a smell of money and it's called "Skarb." $210 a bottle. A bit pricey, but class costs money, and how classy do you want to smell?