Code of Conduct

Default Old Style Bottle of Nicolai New York or Fake?

I will apologize upfront for my seeming inability to figure out how to work the [img] code. You will have to click on the link to view the image which I put into my profile.

These fragrances are being sold on eBay. Is it an authentic but older style and size 50 ml bottle of New York by Parfums de Nicolai or is it a fake?

Your experience and guidance would be very much appreciated.

Thanks to everyone for helping me with their thoughts and input. On October 25th, I changed my profile picture so the link should no longer show Nicolai's New York.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 25th October 2007 at 08:13 AM. Reason: 10/25/07 - changed profile picture
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Default Re: Old Style Bottle of Nicolai New York or Fake?

Old style.

Thanks gimpy !!!!

I'm relieved. I bought a bottle earlier tonight because it seemed like a good deal. Later I went on the Nicolai site - the bottles are different and are not available in 50 ml size - I started to get concerned. I am glad to know that at least I bought an authentic old style bottle - hopefully the juice is authentic too.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

I don't think anyone would ever fake a Nicolai, it would cost more than the return.
    New York is a great fragrance.

Thanks Ruggles !!!!

You and gimpy have eased my mind.

Old style, yes. I had two bottles; need to buy another one. Thanks for reminding me!

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

It's just like mine. Good stuff!

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Sorry to be off topic, but being an unreconstructed Southerner myself, I have to say that I very much approve of your avatar, Lightningrod.

noggs

I bought a bottle of it recently off of Ebay, real deal and smells "fresh" and not stale.
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)