Code of Conduct

Default Shalimar Black Mystery

Anybody try this one yet? Would LOVE to hear some reviews!

Also, am looking for Shalimar edp to buy or swap for. E-mail me at tvlampboy@aol.com, or pm me via Basenotes if you have some for sale or swap. (I hate going to eBay now.)

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Default Re: Shalimar Black Mystery

Isn't it the same perfume, but in a different coloured bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    Isn't it the same perfume, but in a different coloured bottle?
    Really? What a bummer! I mean, I LOVE Shalimar, but thought that Guerlain might have come out with something new and zingy in the Shalimar line. Oh, well, perhaps it's for the better. I HATE IT when a house introduces a frag that has an old name within a new name (e.g., Body Kouros) but no characteristics to link the two. THAT might have made me nutso with my beloved Shalimar!

Calvin Klein has been doing this kind of thing a lot lately -- you know, re-bottling the same juice and then just calling it something cool.
    Witness the CKOne spin-offs.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 24th October 2007 at 04:07 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

It's just the same juice (luckily!) in a new bottle, so nothing to review, really, besides the beautiful bottle. I really think that black suits this scent. http://a598.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...94620aed85.jpg

BTW: The word "Black" is written nowhere on the bottle or the box - which I like. Kind of understatement-ly.

The press release offers this quote by Jean-Paul Guerlain, which explains in part the inspiration for this limited edition of a Shalimar dressed in a black evening gown: "Vanilla is famous as an aphrodisiac and I think that this is true. My grand-father, Jacques Guerlain, taught me how to love vanilla as it adds something wonderfully erotic to a perfume. It turned Shalimar into an evening gown with an outrageously plunging neckline."

Taken from http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...k_by_guer.html

Ouch - I was really hoping for a new take on this classic beauty..(less bergamot in the top notes, please!)
    'Shalimar Black Mystery'...a wonderful name; bet many who use to buy Shalimar for their SOs will jump with joy when their eyes fall upon this one when shopping for Christmas gifts this year.
    To me, this borders to fraud - I would get very upset if I bought this, not knowing it was the same old stuff...
    Shame on you, Guerlain, for trying to increase your sale this way!
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by musse View Post
    To me, this borders to fraud - I would get very upset if I bought this, not knowing it was the same old stuff...
    Shame on you, Guerlain, for trying to increase your sale this way!
    They SA's are very frank about it being the same juice rebottled. As a bottle- and Guerlain fetishist I actually like this way of beautifully redressing beautiful things. But of course, in the end it's for increasing sales...

Many companies release limited edition "special" bottles with the same juice in them. I don't think this is any different...its just that they haven't gone out of their way to tell anyone this is the case. Either way, I'm sure you'd find out promptly if you were to buy a bottle.

I think its pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    Many companies release limited edition "special" bottles with the same juice in them.
    Yes, you are right about that for sure; I just thought that the name is so different, that it indicates another variety of the scent.
    I agree it is a beautiful bottle, and I will put it on my wish list, too!!
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by musse View Post
    Yes, you are right about that for sure; I just thought that the name is so different, that it indicates another variety of the scent.
    I agree it is a beautiful bottle, and I will put it on my wish list, too!!
    That's true...I totally forgot that it had a different name.