Code of Conduct

Default Bois 1920 Vetiver Ambrato

Anyone try this, or any of the Bois 1920's products?

the scoop
    Elegantly and profoundly seductive, Vetiver Ambrato is a decidedly masculine fragrance that embodies all the power and mystery of modern man. The fragrant architecture of this fragrance builds with a debut featuring sparkling tonic notes, ramping up to a warm and spicy middle note and crowning the creation with a virile, provocative top note that surprises again and again. Rich, ceremonial amber and the green woodiness and earthy nature of vetiver make for a scent with rounded corners rather than sharp and make Vetiver Ambrato a first-class, unique addition to any amber loverís collection.

Vetiver Ambrato notes
    vetiver, amber

Blog Entries

Default Re: Bois 1920 Vetiver Ambrato

it's not cheap
    sent via commodore 64

*explore your world on a bicycle*

I've tried Sandalo e The, 1920 Extreme, and Classic 1920. All right, nothing special IMO.

I enjoy the Bois 1920 scents sometimes. They are a bit old school in terms of traditional masculine compositions, but they are first rate in that genre. The quality of the ingredients is immediately apparent. They smell very natural, project well, and have good longevity. VA is one of the less interesting ones: there is nothing at all original in the scent. But its execution is done very nicely. From this line, I reach for Sandalo e The, 1920 Extreme, Classic 1920, Agrumi Amari, and Real Patchouly most often.I can't imagine ever using up a full bottle of any of them. The coffret in a leather box however is an excellent wardrobe addition.

I have tried sushi imperiale and this. Sushi Imperiale is a great fragrance and seems to be getting some attention lately, as it should. I am a vetiver lover and vetiver ambrato was a complete scrubber for me...did not like it whatsoever...if I remember correctly, it was real powdery and not a dominated vetiver fragrance.

I tried it yesterday as a sort of spur-of-the-moment comparison to the Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan I had on my other wrist. The Vetiver Ambrato is nice, but I don't think it quite stood up to AS. It's also quite expensive—a bit past my price point, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by mickers View Post
    I am a vetiver lover and Vetiver Ambrato was a complete scrubber for me... it was real powdery and not a dominated vetiver fragrance.
    My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Factory View Post
    My thoughts exactly.
    I would agree. It's got a powdery cologne type of vibe, and no longevity. At that price range there's far better stuff.
    I'm intrigued by the Atelier Cologne new Vetyver, anyone tried it yet?
    ņ l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

This is one of my favourite frags. One should not expect any raw vetiver, etc, in this scent, but a nice composition with vetiver as a not-so-dominant note. To my nose, and mind, VA is my niche Old Spice.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

They are all sort of ok only imo. At least Sushi Imperiale doesn't smell of fish. Overpriced.

Very expensive. I would have at least considered buying the Vetiver Ambrato if it came in a 50 mL bottle. It's hard to justify those big prices for a 100 mL bottle if you're not going to wear it often. I guess it's time to get a decant.

I used to have a sample of this and gave it away in a swap. It reminds me more of a woody-chypre than a vetiver centered accord. Soft, a little mossy. The vetiver definitely plays backup singer.