Code of Conduct

Wink in the Realm of pure nonsense

i recieved Realm in the mail by swap and though i like it, i must agree with those who balked before me....pheromones are bull! This stuff is very powdery on me and is very nice, but its not hot chick seduction potion or anything...ha ha...i leave that to AdG, Abercrombie Fierce, and Issey miyake...just joking you guys!

Default Re: in the Realm of pure nonsense

The college chicks flack to fierce like magnets so, you wasn't joking about that! I agree that realm is crapola. Many years ago when I first smelled it, it seemed to be in the vein of Paul Sabastian and something akin to Mitsuoko which are superior fragrances for the type.

Thrax

Well.... (dream sequence)

Many and many a year ago I purchased an half ounce bottle of Realm at the local store just to see what it was like. The packaging noted that it contained pheromones, so i was thinking "yeah right."

So I get it out of the store, rip the box apart like a starved pitbull that just saw some filet mignon walk down the road. I spray, I sniff, I shrug. "Ah, It's OKAY I guess."

Whatever. I drive to my girlfriends house where I happen to take the bottle inside with me (not on purpose, I just happened to stick it in my pocket). A while later she keeps complimenting me on how good I smell, and I KNEW that it couldnt have been the Realm. But anyway I take the bottle of out my pocket and let me sniff to see if that is what was driving her crazy. Well who knew? IT WAS THE REALM. Later on she said she didnt know what it was about it that she liked. She said there was just "something about it."

True story.

When Realm was marketed its Pheromone were stated as NOT attracting the opposite sex. Instead the pheromones of Realm are to make the wear feel relaxed and empowered.

Pheromones or not I like the fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    When Realm was marketed its Pheromone were stated as NOT attracting the opposite sex. Instead the pheromones of Realm are to make the wear feel relaxed and empowered.

Attracting the opposite sex and feeling relaxed probably go hand in hand anyways. I'd be interested to know if there really is a non-negligible amount of pheromones in there - quick, someone put on 10 sprays and head to the local pet store or dog park!

Regardless, it smells pretty decent.

you guys are all right, it does smell nice enough...its certainly not offensive in any way, but i have been told that girls do like fierce too, and i really dont understand it! ha ha i guess i will never fully understand women! thanks for the posts fellas!

I saw a half-ounce of this on clearance at TJ Maxx today, so of course I picked it up. The topnotes are reminiscent of Himalaya, but there's a bit of a berry note going on. The drydown is a pleasant and vanilla-like, and overall it's a pretty decent fragrance, though it's not outstanding. I'll have to give it a try in public and see if I notice any differences in reactions towards me (though I doubt I will). We'll see.

I'll stick with sex panther.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

HEY THATS MY REALM! LOL Btw that bottle is several years old so some of the notes may be a bit dull, a friend gave it to me....not sure of its upkeep..

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post

Bingo!

There are pheromones that do have an effect on the opposite sex, many studies verify this. But they won't have women taking their clothes off within minutes of meeting you.

If you don't already have some game, they are pretty useless.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

Okay, I wore it today, and I must say something was sort of strange.

At work, I got to leave early, but one of the girls insisted that I stay and talk to her. At one point she took my hand and said we should have sex in the closet in the basement, but in a somewhat joking manner. Then she insisted that I give her my phone number. Still, this has happened at work, uh, never.

Later on I was giving my friends a ride to our pool league match, and the one said it smelled like I was having sex with one of our mutual friends (she happens to wear a lot of perfume).

At the bar, two girls were hugging me and kissing me on the cheeks all night. I always joke with the one and say that I'm related to famous rappers. She joked too, saying that she was related to Method Man, and I said I was too. Then she told me that's a shame because we could never have sex, only to quickly say that she would make an "incest exception" for me. When I left, she was disappointed and said I should stay and then we could "hang out" after the bar closed.

On the way home the girl from work called me and said she was drunk and I should come "hang out" with her.

This almost never happens to me. Could it be the Realm? Well, I still doubt it, but I might have to start doing some scientific evaluations of female reactions towards me when I wear Realm vs. some other fragrance.

On a side note, this stuff isn't the best in the world, but it's certainly not bad and I don't mind wearing it... though I may have to pick up another bottle for when this tiny .5oz wears out.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffman View Post
    Okay, I wore it today, and I must say something was sort of strange.
    There are about half a dozen different pheromones used singly and in combinations to attract women. I've researched the subject quite extensively.

Some pheros can give you an aura of safety and friendliness, others will give you an alpha male aura.

I've had many interesting experiences over the years.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye