Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Default Spotted at Marshall's

Kenneth Cole R.S.V.P.

Default Re: Spotted at Marshall's

I saw Givenchy Pi in the local supermarket (Meijers) for $34.99 for 1.7oz.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    Kenneth Cole R.S.V.P.
    Wow, are RSVP sales fizzling out that fast? It was only introduced on a national basis (not counting the initial launch at Kenneth Cole boutiques and Saks) 8 months ago! But, then again, Kenneth Cole Signature's sales dropped like a rock almost as fast, too...
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Blog Entries

I've seen Reaction at Marshall's, as well.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Rive Gauche Light

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Bulgari Pour Homme

At the Marshall's here in Michigan, it was a Demeter bonanza!

Ones I spotted-
    Fruit Salad, laveder martini, blue hawaii, bulgarian rose, blueberry muffin, snow, laundromat, hawaiian surf (smelled like pineapple), cherry blossom, pink lemonade, and playdoh.

Both my local Marshall's have GucciPH ll. Too bad I want the original

Quote Originally Posted by gregmech26 View Post
    I saw Givenchy Pi in the local supermarket (Meijers) for $34.99 for 1.7oz.
    Wegman's has it for $29.99 around here.

My TJ Maxx (same thing as Marshall's, served by the same warehouses) has nothing but crap right now. Realities Graphite Blue? Yeah, I'll pass.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffman View Post
    Wegman's has it for $29.99 around here.
    While we're talkin' Pi, Sears Grand has it for around $13 for a .5oz spray. Pi is one of those frags that it only takes a couple sprays per wearing since it's so potent. It took me about a year to get through a .5oz bottle (in rotation with my other frags, of course), so I think the $13 for .5oz is a great deal.

My Marshall's has RSVP, Ungarro III and Bvlgari PH.
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Wink Re: Spotted at Marshall's

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Both my local Marshall's have GucciPH ll. Too bad I want the original
    i could kick myself...i saw a 1.0 oz of the original, which i have never seen anywhere else, for like 25 bucks of gucci pour homme....damnit, i should have gotten it..ha ha

Guys,

I really don't think a scent is past its prime or doing poorly just because it hits Marshall's or TJ Maxx. Sometimes I think it's just overstock.

Look at Bvlgari Aqva, Vera Wang, Calvin Klein Euphoria, and countless others like Gio and Code.

I'm just sweating because the credit card security breach lawsuit with TJMaxx/Marshall's may end up running them out of business! PLEASE DON'T TAKE MY ENABLERS AWAY!

At the Marshall's in my area, there is a lot of:

Escada pour Homme
    B*Men
    Ambre Baldessarini
    Bulgari Blu Notte pour Homme
    Bijan for Men (and Women too!)
    Lanvin Vetyver
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    At the Marshall's in my area, there is a lot of:

Escada pour Homme
    B*Men
    Ambre Baldessarini
    Bulgari Blu Notte pour Homme
    Bijan for Men (and Women too!)
    Lanvin Vetyver
    Exactly the same here in upstate NY. Wow, RSVP and Gucci II already? I didn't like either of those, but I didn't think their sales would stink already.

Chuck has a point about TJMaxx/Marshall's credit card security nightmare. When I buy at Marshall's now I only use cash.

Dave

BMan
    Ungaro III
    Visit

Large bottles of Bmen in the rubber case!
    --------------------------------------
    I like RSVP but would never pay retail for it! Thanks for the heads up I might check out my local Marshalls this rainny Saturday afternoon!
    Last edited by scentimus; 27th October 2007 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Cognoscento View Post
    Chuck has a point about TJMaxx/Marshall's credit card security nightmare. When I buy at Marshall's now I only use cash.

Dave
    I need to clarify something regarding the TJX card security breach: It only happened with cards issued by banks that processed them on the Visa and MasterCard networks (including both credit cards and debit cards if you choose to sign for a purchase). American Express and Discover Network cards (which TJ Maxx and Marshalls also accept) were not affected, along with debit card purchases authorized by a PIN, as they are processed by different card processors that were not affected by the security breach.

So, if you do want to use plastic at the Maxx, use AmEx or Discover cards (they also have better fraud protection than most Visas and MasterCards, especially AmEx). Or use your bank-issued debit card, but use your PIN instead of signing. Hope this helps!
    Top 5 for Winter:
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Wait what happened with the Marshalls/TJ Maxx regarding credit cards?? I used my mastecard at TJ Maxx several times this month.

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    Wait what happened with the Marshalls/TJ Maxx regarding credit cards?? I used my mastecard at TJ Maxx several times this month.
    They always have accepted (and continue to accept) Visa and MasterCard, and have fixed the security problem. The security issue happened about a year ago, and affected mainly expired, older cards. Many cards that were exposed have been reissued by the banks. You can learn more about what happened here (click on "Frequently Asked Questions").
    Top 5 for Winter:
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    I believe that MFFan is right... they have dealt with the problem by this time. You are probably OK, I think.

But I believe it's worth noting that whenever you read a company's own statement, especially a security statement, you'd better read between the lines. Because they have to soft-pedal it as much as possible for damage control.

And there were serious numbers involved here. As in any case of this type, the company way under-reported the size of the breach, possibly not even due to lying, maybe due to technical ignorance, which they had in boatloads. TJX's original estimate of number of ripped off accounts was, oh, only 46.5 million. Not really that bad. But oopsie-woopsie, gosh, it turns out that according to VISA and Mastercard, the confirmed number has now reached 94 million. Twice the company's estimate. Hmmm - that deserves some thought.

But hey, look at the bright side, they are working on a settlement, so the defrauded may actually get some money!

Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Bart's. 3.4 oz. for $19.99.

Blog Entries

:O whoa, nice! I was actually thinking about picking this up for summer...it's a cheaper alternative to VIW if one is looking for that awesome lime note .

I was just looking at my local Marshall's last weekend. Nothing interesting at all. Hard to beat the great deals on Jolie Madame I got there a month or so ago, though. Looks like all the other JM boxes are gone.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Always a crap shoot at Marshall's but that is what makes it fun. I once saw a 1/2 ounce of Revillon's Turbulences Parfum for $20. Nothing that I wanted to buy, but a great deal for someone! They have had most Guerlains at one time or another. The most unusual thing I saw (and now wish I had bought) was a private label cologne by the sartorial guru Alan Flusser. Marshall's is always worth checking out, in my opinion.

Wink Re: Spotted at Marshall's

I purchased these within the last 2 or 3 weeks at Marshall's in Citrus Heights, CA (a suburb of Sacramento):

Bulgari Au The Rouge 3.4 oz/$29.99

Escada Pour Homme 4.2 oz/$20.00

Bulgari Pour Homme Extreme 3.4 oz/$25.00

and...at Ross Stores in Carmichael, CA (another Sacramento suburb):

Opium Pour Homme (E.d.T.) 1.6 oz/$10.00

-David

Not Marshall's but Gordman's a similar store

Versace L'Homme and others
    Blvgari Black
    Azzaro Onyx
    I have read in Plato and Cicero sayings that are wise and very beautiful; but I have never read in either of them: Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden.'' --Saint Augustine

“Hastiness and superficiality are the psychic diseases of the twentieth century, and more than anywhere else this disease is reflected in the press.”--Alexander Solzhenitsyn

corduroy, bulgari verte, etc...

are there tester bottles (not for sale, but just to try on?) at marshall's or tj maxx?

No testers at Marshalls in St. Louis

Bought today Paul Smith Extreme for $14.99, 1.7 OZ.

I'm not in love + generally don't do blind buys, but for $15........

Also Bvlgari Blv Notte, Versace Blue Jeans.

Hi Mandrake,

No, typically these discounters don't offer testers. I asked a S.A. about testers once and was told since their stock changes so frequently, their testers would become obsolete too quickly. So, they don't offer them.

Sometimes you will find bottles that people use as testers because patrons have unboxed them in order to smell them. But the stores consider this bad form, since it is difficult to sell a fragrance product once it appears to have been used. (Frequently the discounters will reinforce the packaging of the fragrances by wrapping them in additional cellophane and clear packing tape.)

A suggestion: try checking out what the discounters have to offer and then look for the tester version at your local mall before returning to the discounter to make your purchase.

-David

Quote Originally Posted by bossanova_boy View Post

A suggestion: try checking out what the discounters have to offer and then look for the tester version at your local mall before returning to the discounter to make your purchase.

-David
    Words to live by! That's what I do!

I dropped in Marshall's yesterday to pick up a last minute goody for my wife (I also bought her a dozen roses, some clothes, and an upcoming bedroom mirror, so don't hate on me).

I got her the Bvlgari Rouge and got myself the TB Set Sail. The Set Sail will be an excellent spring and summer scent.

Trussardi Jeans Men for $14.99.

Moschino Friends for Men for $19.99. That's a really nice hot weather scent. Oranges.

Blog Entries

Same here (TJX) but I tried it and it was a little too boozy for me.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

I spotted Celine Fever Pour Homme @ TJ Maxx today... 1 oz for $9.99.

I also saw some Slatkin Black Fig & Absinthe body products.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

Blog Entries

TJX restocked today, they've got 1-12, Blue Jeans, Eau de Grey Flannel, Quorum, Realm, Azzaro Pure Cedrat, Aramis and some Adidas stuff. :-/
    Twitter - @DanielTharp

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310 View Post
    I spotted Celine Fever Pour Homme @ TJ Maxx today... 1 oz for $9.99.
    Be careful with that one. I bought one blind for ten bucks. The box and packaging looked cool. The fragrance almost burned my nostrils. Really a hot, spicy eugenol loaded dud. It smelled to me like a truck of Egoiste caught fire. I guess I'll give it another shot at some point. For ten bucks, it's not a huge waste of money. Still, Fever Pour Homme is one of the worst fragrances I've tried lately.

Sur la Plage

At TJ Maxx:

Gres Cabochard, 1.0oz - $7.99
    Baldessarini Ambre, 1.7oz - $20 (clearance)
    Beldessarini Ambre Shower Gel, 5.0oz - $4.99
    Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts Soap - $4.99

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Baldessarini Ambre, 1.7oz - $20 (Clearance)
    Nice, I would pick that up if we had it.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by bluesoul View Post
    Nice, I would pick that up if we had it.
    They had 3 of them, so I bought them all. I figured I could give them as gifts, along with the matching shower gels - which I bought 3 of also.

I have seen a lot of Banana Republic Body Mists, Body Lotions, Shower Gels, and Body Oils spring up at Marshall's recently.

I'm pretty sure they were targeted towards woman, but I smelled the "Lush Orchid" Body Mist and was so reminded of the old Banana Republic "M" cologne for men that I bought it. $5.99 for 8 ounces and well worth it.

The only other scent that I think would be "gender neutral" would be the "Soft Vanilla" that they sell. I sprayed that mist on my other hand and ended up liking it more 20 minutes after I left...I'll probably have to hurry back before the sell out!

I wonder how long ago these were discontinued? The only reference I find to these existing are on UK websites.

Sur la Plage

Etro Lemon Sorbet, Shaal Nur, and Magot - 100ml bottles for $19.99
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Blog Entries

petruccjic,
    Which city are you in? Would you be able to pick up some Etros for me?:-) We only seem to get Curve, Lucky Number 6 and Grey Flannel in Houston!

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Etro Lemon Sorbet, Shaal Nur, and Magot - 100ml bottles for $19.99
    Some cool stuff! The Marshall's here never seems to have any scents, only shampoos and lotions. What's wrong with these people? Don't they know what's important in life?

Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cćlum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB View Post
    Some cool stuff! The Marshall's here never seems to have any scents, only shampoos and lotions. What's wrong with these people? Don't they know what's important in life?

I know. Some Marshalls are always duds, no matter when you go into them.

Thanks Jaime for mentioning the other Etro fragrances on another recent thread about Lemon Sorbet. When I saw the Shaal Nur and Magot, I remembered your post and snatched them up in a flash!

Joe
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I know. Some Marshalls are always duds, no matter when you go into them.

Thanks Jaime for mentioning the other Etro fragrances on another recent thread about Lemon Sorbet. When I saw the Shaal Nur and Magot, I remembered your post and snatched them up in a flash!

Joe
    Well, I hope you enjoy them!
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cćlum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by MiloTheTerrier View Post
    Bought today Paul Smith Extreme...
    I bought it today as well. I am afraid to open it though. I can't get a feel from forum posts and reviews what to expect.

What do you think of it???
    Last edited by atrac; 14th June 2008 at 05:13 AM.

Its not Marshall's but at Gordman's in Kansas City I have seen lots of different Blvgari, Azzaro, and Versace including L'Homme that I picked up. A 100ml for $23.00. Nice, really nice stuff. It did have cracked sprayer but works fine. The Marshall's that I have been in usually has nothing.
    I have read in Plato and Cicero sayings that are wise and very beautiful; but I have never read in either of them: Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden.'' --Saint Augustine

“Hastiness and superficiality are the psychic diseases of the twentieth century, and more than anywhere else this disease is reflected in the press.”--Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Sur la Plage

Some things I haven't see at our local Marshalls before:

Ralph Lauren Safari for Men (2.5 oz) - $29.99
    4711 Echt Kölnisch Wasser (10 oz) - $14.99
    Calvin Klein Obession for Men (4 oz) - $34.99
    YSL Opium pour Homme EDT (1.6 oz) - $19.99

I saw
    Opium Pour Homme 1.7 oz $19.99
    Usher for Men $1.7 oz 29.99
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Some things I haven't see at our local Marshalls before:

Ralph Lauren Safari for Men (2.5 oz) - $29.99
    Nice --- I've seen a TON of the Perfume at that size and price, but never the man's version. I'll need to go back and see if our area got those in.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by atrac View Post
    Nice --- I've seen a TON of the Perfume at that size and price, but never the man's version. I'll need to go back and see if our area got those in.
    Exactly. I always see RL Safari for Women. This is the first time I saw the men's version. I had actually been thinking of purchasing this again, so I scooped it up immediately. They actually had quite a few bottles...

Today I picked up a bottle of Opium Pour Homme EdT for $20 and it's much better than I thought it would be. I tried it once a long time ago and thought it was an oppressive, heavy oriental. This year I picked up the Opium Pour Homme Eau D'Orient(2006) and was blown away by it. Dry and spicy, yet never suffocating. Now I'm happy to own a bottle of the original Opium Pour Homme EDT-- The pepper in this is of a sort that you don't often see in a fragrance. Very much like those little red peppers that are found in Kung Pao Chicken. It quickens the pulse. This is my kind of oriental.

Mambo Mix. Large bottle for $19.99.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Halston Catalyst @ $12.99/3.4 oz (already own it)
    Ralph Lauren Safari for Men @ $29,99/2.5 oz (already own it)
    Paul Smith London @ $19.95/3.3 oz (already own it)
    Eau d'Grey Flannel EdT@ $4.99/4.0 oz (bought it)
    Monseuir Musk Cologne @ $4.99/4.0 oz splash (bought it)
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I bought KC RSVP this weekend. It's nice, but 4 sprays is not enough. This is a 6-10 spray scent. I'll have to double spray my usual spots (neck sides, chest, stomach).

Blog Entries

Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts showed up again, $20 for a 100mL. Jumped on that this time.

Also found a new addition to the usual TJX stuff in B*Men. $14.99 for a 1.7, I almost bought both of them.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp

I have a feeling RED for men will soon be at Marshall's. It seems every thing EA Fragrances make is at Marshall's - Brittany Spears full line, Red for woman, Giorgio for women, Halston full line, Elizabeth Taylor full line, PS...etc...