Code of Conduct

Question eggnog/nutmeg notes in frag that's not too sweet?

hi there - the post xmas season has me thinking of eggnog. i think this was also sparked by a sample of caron royal bain! anyone know of any good scents that have a glimpse of eggnog or nutmeg in them? i am not really looking for a perfume oil called 'eggnog' or something so literal. thanks!

Default Re: eggnog/nutmeg notes in frag that's not too sweet?

The only one I can think of that might be what you're looking for is Organza by Givenchy. Its a creamy-smelling fragrance with nutmeg. I don't think its too sweet.

I could be wrong...but I think Anglomania has nutmeg. It's also a floral, but manages to be more zesty than sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibeline
    I could be wrong...but I think Anglomania has nutmeg. It's also a floral, but manages to be more zesty than sweet.
    Oh yes Z! Anglomania indeed has nutmeg! and cardamom too .
    You are really making me crave Anglomania today .

A few other fragrances I know have nutmeg are:

Versace Metal Jeans
    Corduroy
    - mens but I think it's quite unisex - also has rum - yum yum
    Soir de Lune (has pimento and honey in it too....)
    Theorema by Fendi
    The Lily Angel
    is supposed to have some nutmeg in it as well... but of course that one's far from being eggnog like...
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Kenzo Jungle (Elephant) is very creamy, almost palpably so, and has cardamom. Not nutmeg, but spicy and creamy still.
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Blog Entries

Burberry Brit for men has an AWESOME nutmeg note!!! A woman could definitely get away with wearing this scent.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Some awesome choices here, I second Brit Burberry, and Corduroy.
    Versace Metal Jeans was one of my first scents, and an excellent scent, but I've never smelled Nutmeg in it... perhaps it's time to bring it out again (Mad Scientist cackle). Burberry London (The new one) has some spicy Christmasy note, and I think it's nutmeg, but I can't be sure. It's really strong, but it doesn't last very long. Cheers!
    - Rich

For a very literal nutmeg, try Jo Malone's Nutmeg & Ginger. I tried it a long time ago and really liked it, but the dry down was all nutmeg and became a little too much for me.

It's marketed as a man's frag, but Cacharel pour l'Homme is beautiful, very wearable by a woman and has a lovely nutmeg note. Guerlain's Vetiver is lovely and nutmeggy, but their Vetiver Eau Glacee (discontinued, but pops up on eBay now and then) really dials up the nutmeg; I love it.

Royal Bain de Caron is very powdery in the drydown, and I don't find the nutmeg hangs around. (Still love it, though.) The Jo Malone mentioned above is probably my favourite of her perfumes!

Catalyst by Halston has a great nutmeg note--while it is technically for men, it might be worth a try--not too sweet.

Body Kouros has a huge nutmeg component. It also lacks the pissy or B.O. notes that some people find offensive in the original Kouros. Body Kouros would be very suitable for a woman- it is not loud or confrontational. It has great longevity, too.

-ben
    Nihil Obstat Ben

[url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1883]My Wardrobe[/url]

I second Cacharel PH for its prominent nutmeg note. Truly amazing warm drydown.

Organza is eggnog in a nutshell...bought the bodylotion and the edp. a few weeks ago for the first time. I never cared much for givenchy fragrances, so when I found a giftset at a good price, I decided to try it.

When someone earlier on this tread suggested organza - I sniffed my clothes,... and blimey!..organza really is eggnog with nutmeg.

My husband love this on me b.t.w.

Frederic Malle Le Parfum de Therese. I'm pretty sure there is nutmeg in this one. It is a complex and interesting frag.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Question Re: eggnog/nutmeg notes in frag that's not too sweet?

thanks all! i have the jo malone coming in a swap. yay! do you givenchy fans know - is it Organza Indecence or regular Organza that has nutmeg? Or perhaps both...

Basenotes Institution

Definitely the new Ava Luxe scent, Madeline. Straight up egg nog, caramel and smoke. Like sipping egg nog in front of a campfire, in Christmas. Nice.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

If you change your mind a bit and go for clove, then you GOTTA try Ava Luxe's Kretek.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Guerlain Vetiver Extreme is a very nice vetiver and nutmeg scent.

mikeperez23 - ooh - I would love to try the Ava Luxe. Too bad she's shut down her website for awhile. It sounds very nice.

http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/b...8/3258389.html

I know you said you did not want anything literal..but I left this FYI anyway...LOL

Fragrance On,

Otto
    Last edited by Otto; 27th October 2007 at 05:08 PM.