Code of Conduct

Default Best "Blue" fragrance out now?

Today I realized I was going to soon run out of Bleu D'Issey - so I went to the store only to find out it was discontinued!! Im really pissed off...

So I'm looking for a replacement - what do you guys think is the best "blue" fragrance nowadays?

Thanks
    Last edited by Quiet Storm; 26th October 2007 at 12:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Best "Blue" fragrance out now?

Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue D'Issey Eau Fraiche 2.5 oz Natural Cologne Spray for Men on Sephora's website:

http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...egoryId=C14991

Awesome stuff!
    Last edited by gregmech26; 26th October 2007 at 01:12 AM.

L'eau Bleue really shouldn't be recall as "blue". I must say purpleish brown. It's strong and powerful.
    I'd put in that blue colour reminescent:
    Aqua Motu for example, Desire Blue by Dunhill too, Erolfa, Cool water game, Polo Blue, Quasar, Ice men, L'eau par Kenzo, even Odeur 53 (greish blue), or Kenzo pour Homme, less strong than L'eau Bleue, more marine and peacock blue as the colour of the bottle. The colour of the deep ocean.
    Blue represents for me, clean, ozone, sky, water....
    This ones are the best ones that represent that idea in my opinion, but I'm sure they're more around.
    Read my perfume reviews at: http://perfumenoparatodos.blogspot.com/

Digital art portfolio: www.dreamlandpostcards.com

Quote Originally Posted by gregmech26 View Post
    Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue D'Issey Eau Fraiche 2.5 oz Natural Cologne Spray for Men on Sephora's website:

http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...egoryId=C14991

Awesome stuff!
    Thanks, I'll check it out. Do you know if a 4.2 oz version is available? Also does this last as long as the original L'Eau Bleue

Post Thanks / Like

I only know of the L'Eau Bleau D'Issey Eau Fraiche 2.5 oz on the Sephora Website. It last long with my skin chemistry and clothing. I think it's a great scent if you're into fresh scents and worth a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet Storm View Post
    Today I realized I was going to soon run out of Bleu D'Issey - so I went to the store only to find out it was discontinued!!
    Really?!!?

Not that I'll miss it...I'm just surprised.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Post Thanks / Like

Givenchy Blue Label, of course.
    I'm a fresh scent junkie and proud of it!

Spring Top 10

1) Platinum Egoiste
    2) CK Truth
    3) Light Blue (Women's)
    4) Dolce & Gabbana PH
    5) Image
    6) Gendarme Mojo
    7) Artisan Black
    8) Mat; Male
    9) Live Jazz
    10) Sentiment

Thanks, I'll check it out. Do you know if a 4.2 oz version is available? Also does this last as long as the original L'Eau Bleue
    Nop, as it doesn't proyect as the original.
    The sillage is more like close skin.
    L'eau Bleue discontinued?
    I really doubt it.

I don't think it is discontinued. I see it in stores all over the place. However, I do remember someone else mentioning the same thing a while ago on this forum.

Believe it or not, 273 Indigo by Fred Hayman.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Bvlgari BLV
    Ce message provient du Québec!

I second the Givenchy blue label...
    Favorites

Creed- Windsor
    Serge Lutens- Chergui
    Creed- GIT
    Lolita Lempica Au Masculin
    Ysl M7
    Ysl L'Homme
    Creed-Aventus
    Hermes- Un Jardin de Meditaranee
    Chanel Egoiste
    Egyptian Goddess
    Serge Lutens- Arabie

I was at Macy's 34th street in Manhattan today:

the guys said L'Eau Bleue D'Issey Eau Fraiche was discontinued, as well as the original Bleue. He said because they didn't sell enough, they arent making them anymore. I also went across the street to Sephora, and they had neither, only L'Eau D'Issey and Intense

I tried both Blvgari Blv and Givenchi Blue label, I like Blvgari a lot more, although for those that don't know Givenchi has a new Blue fragrance that smells real fruity

Ferragamo's Incanto Essential smelled really good but reading some reviews online it only lasts 1-5 hrs

I'll really wanted to get Eau Fraiche, but looks like I'm going to play it safe and get Blv since I have no idea how it smells.

I was at Macy's 34th street in Manhattan today:

the guys said L'Eau Bleue D'Issey Eau Fraiche was discontinued, as well as the original Bleue. He said because they didn't sell enough, they arent making them anymore. I also went across the street to Sephora, and they had neither, only L'Eau D'Issey and Intense

I tried both Blvgari Blv and Givenchi Blue label, I like Blvgari a lot more, although for those that don't know Givenchi has a new Blue fragrance that smells real fruity

Ferragamo's Incanto Essential smelled really good but reading some reviews online it only lasts 1-5 hrs

I'll really wanted to get Eau Fraiche, but looks like I'm going to play it safe and get Blv since I have no idea how it smells.
    Ask for a decant!, then buy it via escentual.co.uk.
    I renember the launch of L'eau Bleue here in Spain. When first sniff it I though that was vile and horrible as I tried it in a very hot summer. It Toke me nearly five months to get use to it. Now I love it.
    After a few months, the L'eau Bleue Fraiche came out, as a limited edition just for summer.
    The idea was nice, but despite It was a Issey Mijake product, the lasting power is just 4 hours.
    The company decided in fall keep that version in the market (similarities here with M7 and M7 fresh), as a permanent complement of those that can't really get the idea of the original Bleue. or they feel It's just too strong for their tastes,and still in the market, at any season at this time.

Bleue fresh is much calmer than the original, is not as strong and medicinal.
    Figure out.
    Clean notes of shy rosemary and mint, lemon and bergamot flying around nicely in first spray.
    The rosemary and the mint blends nicely and lays down in a base of confortable dewy rose petals with a hint of pink pepper.
    Soft patchouli notes and amber finish the composition.
    The cologne rounds in four main notes:
    It's light and airy, mint,bergamot,rosemary and lovely wet rose petals. It's comfortable, doesn't project as the original and the long lasting is average.
    It has more proximity with the original L'eau Par kenzo within the both L'eau Bleue, but is not as zesty, and there's no aquatic.
    I've been in contact with a friend of mine working in Issey Madrid's boutique.
    He corfims the discontinuation of these two in USA as both fragances didn't hit the market as here in Europe.
    Apparently, these two would stay longer in Europe but already the company is working in a new fragance for men, and will wait to the see the sales of both product named above to decide what to do after the launch of the new product.
    Hope that helps!.

Does Hugh Parsons (blue) count?

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Quote Originally Posted by madridbatabidd View Post
    Ask for a decant!, then buy it via escentual.co.uk.
    I renember the launch of L'eau Bleue here in Spain. When first sniff it I though that was vile and horrible as I tried it in a very hot summer. It Toke me nearly five months to get use to it. Now I love it.
    After a few months, the L'eau Bleue Fraiche came out, as a limited edition just for summer.
    The idea was nice, but despite It was a Issey Mijake product, the lasting power is just 4 hours.
    The company decided in fall keep that version in the market (similarities here with M7 and M7 fresh), as a permanent complement of those that can't really get the idea of the original Bleue. or they feel It's just too strong for their tastes,and still in the market, at any season at this time.

Bleue fresh is much calmer than the original, is not as strong and medicinal.
    Figure out.
    Clean notes of shy rosemary and mint, lemon and bergamot flying around nicely in first spray.
    The rosemary and the mint blends nicely and lays down in a base of confortable dewy rose petals with a hint of pink pepper.
    Soft patchouli notes and amber finish the composition.
    The cologne rounds in four main notes:
    It's light and airy, mint,bergamot,rosemary and lovely wet rose petals. It's comfortable, doesn't project as the original and the long lasting is average.
    It has more proximity with the original L'eau Par kenzo within the both L'eau Bleue, but is not as zesty, and there's no aquatic.
    I've been in contact with a friend of mine working in Issey Madrid's boutique.
    He corfims the discontinuation of these two in USA as both fragances didn't hit the market as here in Europe.
    Apparently, these two would stay longer in Europe but already the company is working in a new fragance for men, and will wait to the see the sales of both product named above to decide what to do after the launch of the new product.
    Hope that helps!.
    Thanks for the info Madridbatabidd, much appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

Dunhill Fresh is slept on here:

1. Dunhill Fresh
    2. Polo Blue
    3. Bvlgari Blv

I don't know about the expensive ones yet, they might crush Dunhill Fresh.
    Last edited by DULLAH; 2nd November 2007 at 05:28 AM.

Red face Re: Best "Blue" fragrance out now?

Thanks for the info Madridbatabidd, much appreciated!
    well. That's why we are here for
    If you need further information in this one or others, don't hesitate to contact me
    Ah!, if you want a sample of the Bleue Fresh I can send you one, let me know!..
    Last edited by madridbatabidd; 3rd November 2007 at 05:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I immediately thought of Hugh Parsons Blue. Everything else just stinks... and it's not a good stink.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madridbatabidd View Post
    But Bleue Fresh is still in my local Ulta. Maybe they just haven't sold their inventory of it yet? Too bad...I actually like it much more than the original.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."