Code of Conduct

Default Montale for free - Skin/Sandalsilver

Hi everyone,

I don't have the privilege to post this on the buy/sale/swap forum, my apologies for posting it here.

A little while ago, and thanks to fellow bnoters, I was able to buy some Montales at very favorable prices. I understand some of you are still waiting for your purchases and I hope you will get them soon.

I received this (50ml in a box) as a freebie and frankly, can't picture myself EVER wearing it. In my limited experience, there is always a time/place/scene you can wear a scent, but this really trumps me (I think some of you would agree...). The box has been opened but everything else is intact.

So, I am offering it here for free. A few conditions:

1. Offer to fellow Canadians first. I will pay the shipping (if needed). Don't have experience in shipping across the border and/or internationally. If there are no takers, I will reconsider shipping it elsewhere.
    2. Please think whether you can use this (and tell me why) because I want to find a person who can appreciate wearing it.
    3. If I mail it to you, I am not responsible for duties/customs/taxes and/or it being lost during transit.
    4. I am a novice, please let everyone know what you think of this scent.

Please PM me. I will leave it open until next Friday (Nov 2, 2007) to decide.

Default Re: Montale for free - Skin/Sandalsilver

Nice people scare me.

People who only ship to Canada annoy me...
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 26th October 2007 at 01:26 PM.

Atleast its not as "meh" as Soleil di Capri.
    -

Well, considering I'm in the U.S. and am getting in late to this thread as it is, I know its a longshot, but...

I figured I'd express my interest as this is a fragrance I've been wanting to try for a long while. I don't have any reason to feel like I deserve it over anyone else, but I sure wouldn't mind being the recipient!

I'm a nice guy as well, and nice guys scare me too!
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Wish I could partake...

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    Nice people scare me.
    ?...

I am not in Canada and not interested in that fragrance but I just wanted to say that that is a very kind and generous offer.
    What a great basenoter!
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

hirch_duckfinders post just reminded me ... just wanted to say that I am not interested in receiving the fragrance but just responded to your short impressions of it. And yes, its a nice gesture to give it free (subject to your conditions ofcourse).
    -

[QUOTE=Omega Man;1085202

1. Offer to fellow Canadians first. [/QUOTE]

What about Canadians not living in Canada?
    What about non-Canadians living in Canada?

eh?
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Hi everyone,

Thanks to your kind words and PMs.
    Member with the name "lasta" is the lucky winner.
    I am hoping to ship it out to him next week.
    Lets wait for his review and/or interpretation of this scent.

Please don't put adverts for sale contests outside of the sale forum.
    Last edited by jrd4t; 2nd November 2007 at 03:42 AM.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    I have clearly stated in my original thread indicating that I didn't have any rights in posting in the buy/sale section. I am not offering it for sale/trade. I am offering it here for free and I will cover the shipping costs as well. My intention is to share with a fellow basenoter something I can't wear/fit into my wardrobe. If this goes against the rule in the forum, my apologies. I will leave it at this, don't want to occupy too much space by defending my position in the forum.
    Last edited by Omega Man; 2nd November 2007 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    He's not selling anything , just giving it away & even paying shipping! I'm pretty sure that's cool outside the sale forum!
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Slumberhouse : Norne
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

Yeah I'm cool with it . Otto seems to be doing the same thing and he even earned himself a sticky.

By the way - congratulations Lasta! Can't wait to hear all about it!
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Slumberhouse : Norne
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

Just received the package, very generous and no strings attached. Mr. B also introduced me to Voleur de Roses which is on my to buy list. From my limited review experience, here is what I have:

"From the makers of Black Aoud and Greyland, this is a remarkably light scent. A smooth musky scent with slightly citrus and herbal overtones that upon first spray is reminiscent to Annick Goutal's Mandragore - fresh, sharp, but not bright.

The mid notes last quite a while and brings to mind classic shaving soap or perhaps a subtle powdery musk like that used by Loewe Solo. During this time, I also detect a hint of nutmeg also used by Solo but more pronounced in Azzaro Visit.

After about 3 hours: the citrus, herbal, and musk notes are all but disappeared. What's left is an ambery sweetness with a twist that is a faint reminder of the topnotes of MPG Jardin du Nil without the citrus.

The name is slightly misleading as I barely notice the sandalwood if at all. As a matter of fact, I'd hardly call this a woody scent.

I refrained from noting a floral component in the pyramid but it's definitely there and wafts up occasionally even until the drydown.

Longevity is very good but it is a "skin" scent and sillage is very subdued after the topnotes.

It's probably not one of the more romantic scents but it definitely has a "come hither" allure that would be appropriate during intimate situations. Plus it's one of the few that don't offend even if you were to sniff directly. While not a mind blowing olfactory experience, I think Skin surely has something worth digging deeper for."

Sandalsilver is made from blond sandalwood and that is why it can be difficult to describe. Most people are familiar with the more wood-like red sandalwood that is very easy to detect in a scent. Blond sandalwood, on the other hand, has floral qualities as well as a sweetness that isn't present in the other. I find the sandalwood note in Sandalsilver/Skin to be very prevalent. It's very unisex and beautiful.