Code of Conduct

Default The drydown of GIT

Green Irish Tweed is my signature scent and I only wear it because of its drydown. The Top Notes are sometimes too harsh for my taste but the drydown is very appealing. Slightly floral, not too sweet and very long lasting. Can anybody tell me which of the components dominate in the drydown? Is it the amber component?
    Last edited by Ender; 26th October 2007 at 06:06 PM.

Default Re: The drydown of GIT

It is the breath of the gods.

ditto girls just go crazy over g.i.t's drydown!
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

It is the ambergris that does it...

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    Green Irish Tweed is my signature scent and I only wear it because of its drydown. The Top Notes are sometimes too harsh for my taste but the drydown is very appealing. Slightly foral, not too sweet and very long lasting. Can anybody tell me which of the components dominate in the drydown? Is it the amber component?
    I'm the exact opposite, I love the top notes, some of the most exciting out there, but the drydown, to me, is more of a letdown.

You're exactly right my friend. I like the top notes as well but to me the drydown is simply magical. I have to admit that sometimes at the end of the day when I get home from work and undress, I'll catch of whiff of it on my shirt collar and I'm like "gosh that's awesome"...even though I've wore it off and on for the last 7 years. I hope Creed never loses the formula for this stuff. Just classy, simple, and elegant. I'm only 28 but I can even see my grandson wearing this stuff some day...it's that original. (I don't mean I'm a Grandpa but I mean that someday looong in the future).

Quote Originally Posted by Oviatt View Post
    It is the ambergris that does it...
    The company claims to have the highest percentages of natural components. Is this also true for the ambergris?