Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What is your favorite creed Fragrance?

Any opinions?

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: What is your favorite creed Fragrance?

Welcome to Basenotes - home of Creed love.

My fav: Selection Verte
    "Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I'm not a Creed lover but the two I do enjoy most of all are Vintage Tabarome and Angelique Encens.

g.i.t and royal english leather
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

Hi stylemaker!

Green Irish Tweed and Bois du Portugal get the most reviews and awards on Basenotes.

Both are excellent, but my favorite is one that I don't even own (yet ) -

Acier Aluminium
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

I dont have a fave male Creed... but my favourite ladies one is "Fleurs du Bulgarie".

Welcome BTW!

I really like Silver Mountain Water. Wearing it today, but I will likely put it away until spring pretty soon.

Baie de Genievre by a longshot. Green Irish Tweed, Bois du Portugal and both Tabaromes are great, too. Erolfa is the ONLY aquatic, IMO!

Only 2 float my boat, GIT and BDP.
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

M.I.

My Creed barometer goes up and down. Sometimes I feel that the line is so desperately over-rated, but then I spray on Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie and I realize they've nailed the quality thing down better than any other house.

BdP & GIT.

Cypres Musc,Cuir de Russie,Selection Verte.

Thrax

I can say without hesitation that Original Santal and Green Irish Tweed are two of my favorite bottles that I own.

Quote Originally Posted by giannis View Post
    Cypres Musc,Cuir de Russie,Selection Verte.
    Cuir de Russie is my fav too!

-Tero-

Welcome to Basenotes, former home of Creed love, but now dominated by lots of Lutens and Montale love (like every other blog and perfume site on the net).

My favorite Creed? Right now its Bois de Santal, closely followed by the fantastic Cuir de Russie.
    Last edited by zztopp; 26th October 2007 at 04:22 PM.
    -

My favorite so far, and by far, is Original Vetiver! I also like Original Santal. GIT I own but hardly wear; I just find it, well, boring. I know, heresy around these parts... BdP has a great drydown, but I find it too lavender-laden to invest in a bottle. Others I've tried but have not been wowed by include SMW, MI and Himalaya.
    For swap/sale: Vint. MPG Santal Noble, vint. Tiffany for Men, Dueto Golden Boy, 1 Million Absolutely Gold, Creed Spice & Wood, Roja Dove Amber Aoud, 1 Million Intense, Montale Cuir D'Arabie, Bentley Intense, Prada Amber PH metal travel spray, Loewe PH, vint. YSL Rive Gauche pour Homme, M7 gel, Roma (women's), Spicebomb (original), Obsession, others...
    http://tinyurl.com/mxzztm9 (swaps)
    http://tinyurl.com/a7qoley
    (sales)

Thanks for the welcoming and the opinions! I want to try them all I wonder if there is a good place to find samples.

Quote Originally Posted by stylemaker View Post
    Thanks for the welcoming and the opinions! I want to try them all I wonder if there is a good place to find samples.
    you should skip Creed and try the amazing love potions of Serge Lutens.. luckyscent.com and beautyhabit.com have a great samples program.
    -

Silver Mountain Water
    Original Vetiver
    Chevrefeuille Original

GIT. The rest are unecessary IMO.

If you live near a Saks or a Neiman Marcus, you could plan weekly visits to the Creed counter, that is, until the SA's start turning their backs when they eyeball you coming towards them.
    Seriously, if you approach them with polite honesty, they will usually give you one or two sample vials to test. They usually have drawers full.

By the way, I think that Fluerisimo is a great woman's scent--sexy yet ladylike, just like the woman who inspired it!

Royal English Leather

MI is my favourite

Tabarome Millesime followed by Royal English Leather.

Royal Delight

Selection Verte, Neroli Sauvage, Virgin Island Water, Original Vetiver

at any given time i'd say any one of the 4 is my favorite

Millesime Imperial, Selection Verte, Green Irish Tweed, Bois du Portugal, Feuille Verte
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Epicea, a fantastic fragrance, but it doesn't last nearly long enough IMHO.

Banned

Green Irish Tweed, Virgin Island Water, Himalaya, and Original Vetiver. Although I do love all my creeds

Original Vetiver, Erolfa, Millesime Imperial, and Neroli Sauvage

I would have to politely disagree with zztopp; I certainly would not skip Creed, but would rather check out as many houses as you can. Creed has a wider variety of scents, whereas Lutens--imo--seems to have a very heavy hand in the sweet department.
    Last edited by Nicolas V; 26th October 2007 at 08:34 PM.
    You are not your perfume.

only like Cypres Musc
    #TOP 5#: Penhaligons Racquets,Jean Pascal Homme,Romeo Gigli Uomo,ST Barth Homme,Floris 89

Post Re: What is your favorite creed Fragrance?

Cypres Musc is my favourite Creed.

Creed was my first major purchase (Himalaya), and although I've branched out considerably since then, the Creed line still holds a special place in my fragrance obsession. Their fragrances have a certainly honesty to them, which I greatly respect. Erolfa is my favorite summer choice, and Original Vetiver is my everyday Go To, especially when I don't particularly wish to shout out "I'm wearing perfume!". I find that Himalaya tends to leave a slightly sickeningly sweet trail in my wake, so I'm pretty careful to apply lightly. My next Creed buy will probably be SMW or Baie de Genievre, both excellent IMO.
    Last edited by Snafoo; 26th October 2007 at 10:11 PM.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

I haven't tried too many but Ambre Canelle, Royal Delight, and Original Vetiver are my favorites.
    Maybe I am wacko but I can't stop smelling my wrist when I have on AC.
    Last edited by bbobkc; 26th October 2007 at 10:55 PM.
    I have read in Plato and Cicero sayings that are wise and very beautiful; but I have never read in either of them: Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden.'' --Saint Augustine

“Hastiness and superficiality are the psychic diseases of the twentieth century, and more than anywhere else this disease is reflected in the press.”--Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Blog Entries

Silver Mountain Water
    Original Vetiver
    Neroli Sauvage

And, I have a love-hate relationship with both Millesime Imperial and Himalaya.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

one of the aspects I love about Creeds is that there's somethin for everyone... for the most part. I have a few, but the only two I absolutely love beyond compare are Baie de Genievre and Orange Spice.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Angélique Encens or Bois du Portugal? Bois du Portugal or Angélique Encens?

You get the picture... but there are a few close runners-up, too.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

I've only sampled a few but Acier Aluminum is far and away my favorite Creed. It's also one of my top 10 fragrances overall. I like Silver Mountain Water too but it hasn't inspired me enough to buy a bottle yet.
    “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”

~ Robert Brault

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    My Creed barometer goes up and down. Sometimes I feel that the line is so desperately over-rated, but then I spray on Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie and I realize they've nailed the quality thing down better than any other house.
    This one is my favorite , there are quite a few I like very much, like Bois du Portugal and Virgin Island Water. I was obsessed with Himalaya for a while, but my ardor cooled. It will heat up again, I'm sure.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Not too original, but GIT, BdP, and Royal English Leather are my favs. My partner loves Original Vetiver.

At http://www.scentiments.com Green Valley 2.5 is 99.89 and 4 oz is 99.99. Hmmm.. Is this a marketing tactic because its not popular or a mistake?

At http://www.scentiments.com Green Valley 2.5 is 99.89 and 4 oz is 99.99. Hmmm.. Is this a marketing tactic because its not popular or a mistake?
    Its a mistake. Scentiments.com is reliable. Ad: I also have a bottle of Green Valley for sale in the sales thread if you are interested.
    -

I've only got SMW so far, and its one of my favourites..
    Planning to get a sniff of GIT before buying, but its proving to be a hard task..
    In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things the heart finds it's morning, and is refreshed. -Kahlil Gibran

Current Favourites: Mandarine by Il Profvmo, Sculpture Homme by Nikos

I have Green Irish Tweed (2007 stock from Neiman's). Amazing stuff, it smells nearly alive, the component notes are so vibrant. So, yes, I love it.

I hit the Creed counter last week to see what else I really wanted. I was set on loving BdP and Erolfa, but neither did it for me, at least on paper. Of course, I haven't written them off. What I did love was Himalaya -- which does share much with GIT, so may not be worth a separate bottle -- and Tabarome Millesime (new version). Acier Aluminum is quite fine, too.

Curse the House of Creed for making so many well constructed scents to tourture ourselves with!

Lately I've been "going Jeffery" over Tabarome Millesime.

Creed Tabarome

Erolfa
    i'm not devoted on this company just beacuse they're highly priced and they just saty on me max 1hour
    Read my perfume reviews at: http://perfumenoparatodos.blogspot.com/

Digital art portfolio: www.dreamlandpostcards.com

For me I'll like one and then another...Creed's IMHO are simply magic. Anyway, to answer your question, in general for me it's 1) SMW 2) GIT 3) New Tab. In the dead of summer I like MI or OV.

If I could only keep one of my Creeds it would be Baie de Genievre.

I must add Silver Mountain Water to my list. I just rediscovered this gem after making it walk the swap plank. Fantastic! I think it works better in crisp weather than in the warmer months, at least on my skin; the ink note isn't as pronounced and the whole fragrance seems to sparkle. Great stuff.
    Last edited by Nicolas V; 31st October 2007 at 01:54 AM.

I've worn many Creeds over the years, but Erolfa and Acier Aluminum are my favorites. Orange Spice is also is a great orange citrus with character.

"Millesime Imperial" & "Silver Mountain Water"

Creed is crap.......
    By the way, everyone should try my new fragrance called "Silver Imperial Tweed Water" that will be sold at Walmart....It will be Unisex and can also be used on dogs and cats.....and as an insect repellent........
    Last edited by Maz24; 31st October 2007 at 07:42 AM.

Cool Re: What is your favorite creed Fragrance?

Himalaya.

Erolfa---If I'm by the seashore.

Vintage Tabarome--- Fix bayonets and charge!

REL----In cool weather. A formal, yet dashing, yet soothing 'comfort' scent---go figure.

As to the ' forest ones' Selection Verte in warm or mild weather, and Cypress Muscs anytime. Pity about the poor longevity of Epicea. The '48 Vetiver is a summer staple--but I prefer Guerlian. OV has an annoying yet addictive note, if that makes any sense, and I doubt it does, but there it is. I'll come back to it someday.

As to the rest, Acier Aluminum is really much too lazy to be decadent. I like it.

In fact, the only ones that have done nothing for me are the BN beloved GIT, BdP and MI, followed by Royal Water and the new Tabarome.
    Live and let live.

Cheers,

Mario
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 31st October 2007 at 10:09 AM.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Silver Mountain Water; Green Irish Tweed and Millésime Imperial are my favorites!!! Not just from Creed...from the whole fragrance world :-) right now!!
    --------------------------------------
    @ Maz24, what kind of damaged nose do you have???
    Last edited by P-Natra; 31st October 2007 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What a question!!!...I really do not know.I like all of them...but when I think about CREED I can feel the smell of EROLFA, GIT, MI, SMW ...mayde those ones ????

Vetiver (1948)

I would have to say Imperial, Erolfa, SMW, GIT, Himalaya, and VIW are my faves.....
    Which is why I have 11 Imperial bottles, 3 SMW bottles, 3 Himalaya bottles, 3 GIT bottles, 6 Erolfa bottles, and 2 VIW bottles (all full ) in my wine cooler, they are too addicting, Someone should really create a Creed Anonymous line for people who are addicted...like me...now if you'll excuse me I have to take another hit of SMW......