Code of Conduct

Default Basenotes addiction anyone..?

Ever since joining basenotes, I've gained a lot of good things - advice, info... etc... However, there is a downside to all this.. Addiction..!

Here I am trying to write a business plan, but I find myself constantly checking the community for interesting new posts..

Anyone else have the same problem.. Is it just a noob thing..? Or is it just me..?
    In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things the heart finds it's morning, and is refreshed. -Kahlil Gibran

Current Favourites: Mandarine by Il Profvmo, Sculpture Homme by Nikos

Talking Re: Basenotes addiction anyone..?

My enthusiasms wax and wane all the time, but right now I'm getting into this and spending quite a bit of time here reading the threads and searching through old ones. It's fun! As long as it doesn't start draining your wallet too seriously...

Default Re: Basenotes addiction anyone..?

yes!
    You are not your perfume.

Cool Re: Basenotes addiction anyone..?

Quote Originally Posted by chimera45 View Post
    Ever since joining basenotes, I've gained a lot of good things - advice, info... etc... However, there is a downside to all this.. Addiction..!

Here I am trying to write a business plan, but I find myself constantly checking the community for interesting new posts..

Anyone else have the same problem.. Is it just a noob thing..? Or is it just me..?
    It's not only you, believe me!
    Read my perfume reviews at: http://perfumenoparatodos.blogspot.com/

Digital art portfolio: www.dreamlandpostcards.com

Phew.Thank God

Blog Entries

I used to check this site constantly during the day when I'm @ work. Then I got a bunch more responsibilities put on me so I don't visit as much during the day anymore. We really aren't supposed to be on the internet, anyways .
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Im addicted too.

I come here quite a lot at the moment, if it is an addiction it's a happy one. Fragrances give me a lot of enjoyment and there never seems to be a dull moment with them, even the ones I don't like are full of interest. I love browsing the directory, reading the fascinating reviews and thinking about the fragrances, but I don't own that many really. The ones I do have are my special precious favourite pets, lol. And it's really really lovely to come and read the threads on this messageboard and know that I'm in good company. I like to hear details of people's wish lists and experiences of searching for new fragrances and the good moments when they wear them. Actually when you think about it, what a fantastic hobby we all have - I know it can be expensive but then many interests are. It all works on so many levels: the research, the testing, the buzz of buying, wearing the products, the bottles and packaging, the sense of community here.

A favourite preoccupation of mine is sniffing fragrances on others - no, no, no, I don't mean I go up to them and sniff them directly, I mean I when I am just next to them. These days I am beginning to be able to recognise the fragrance sometimes but I have developed the knack of getting people to tell me their favourite fragrance. Later, when they have forgotten they told me I am able to wow them with my expert nose and say is that xyz you are wearing? I am known hereabouts as a bit of a whiz like that. It's not difficult as everybody I know only has one fragrance which they stick to year after year.

Beaky

Talking Re: Basenotes addiction anyone..?

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome Beaky.

I found this site just by chance and lurked here for quite a while. I joined the site as a supporter and never looked back. Just like someone in a previous post mentioned. My interest waxes and wanes. I never knew there was so much to discover. It has been a real hoot meeting ( via posts ) and one friend in person so far. Testing so many smells and rediscovering old scents I had forgotten about. When you swap with others or buy from them on the Marketplace they usually are more than generous with samples. I think this hobby is so fun because scent evokes such powerful memories in us all.

Have more fun here than you should be allowed to have at any one particular time I say.

Enjoy

Rick
    For sale post

[url]http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=190169[/url]

" I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

lol... He called it an addiction...
    I'm so fo sho' it's no facade/ Stay out of trouble momma said as momma sighed/ For her fear her youngest son be a victim of homicide/ But I gotta get you out of here momma.. Or I'm gonna die..Inside...So either eay you lose me momma/ So let loose of me!

Unhappy Re: Basenotes addiction anyone..?

This addiction is costing me a fortune.. I could open up my OWN dept store!!

Quote Originally Posted by DOCPSYCHO View Post
    Welcome, Welcome, Welcome Beaky.

I found this site just by chance and lurked here for quite a while. I joined the site as a supporter and never looked back. Just like someone in a previous post mentioned. My interest waxes and wanes. I never knew there was so much to discover. It has been a real hoot meeting ( via posts ) and one friend in person so far. Testing so many smells and rediscovering old scents I had forgotten about. When you swap with others or buy from them on the Marketplace they usually are more than generous with samples. I think this hobby is so fun because scent evokes such powerful memories in us all.

Have more fun here than you should be allowed to have at any one particular time I say.

Enjoy

Rick
    Thank you for your kind welcome, I feel very at home here, xxx Beaky

Addiction...Addiction. .HAHAHAhaahah..LOLOLOLOLOL .....Addiction.....goodness to say the very least...Definetly consumed by fragrances, basenotes...on and on....

But my horizons have been broadened, widened, enhanced to the world of fragrances. My interest in this have been there since I was a child...can't help myself now...it is what it is....

Fragrance On,

Otto

Yes, I was consumed when I started and my interest has varied over the last year. I do have my moments though.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

I don't even close my browser! Keeping it open makes for faster access to new threads and ideas. Thankfully we have a whole section to those who get so caught up in the thrill of smelling and buying scents. I've had to refer to it many times to help me reduce spending and the amount of time I spent researching fragrances.

This place is just addictive...

My perception of fragrances has changed so much because of the community. Now when I approach a counter my attitude and thinking is totally different after having discovered this gem of a site. I don't post much, but every time I go on the computer one of the first things I do is go to the community section and see the fresh and interesting things everyone has to say. This usually has an influence on my new or next purchase.

I print out perfume reviews from Basenotes and other sites about samples or bottles I own, so I can read the reviews and compare and record my ideas about a particular fragrance.

The other day I found myself organising my perfume reviews in my ring-pull file into alphabetical order with index pages.

I reckon this is getting a bit obsessive!

Quote Originally Posted by fancynance View Post
    I reckon this is getting a bit obsessive!
    Not in the least..!
    In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things the heart finds it's morning, and is refreshed. -Kahlil Gibran

Current Favourites: Mandarine by Il Profvmo, Sculpture Homme by Nikos