Code of Conduct

Default Any impressions of DKNY Delicious Night yet?

I'm so intrigued by that "blackberry martini" note. I can't wait to try this - and I hope it's as unusual as it sounds.

Default Re: Any impressions of DKNY Delicious Night yet?

Tovah I love this perfume!! It surprised me because I don't like any of the other frags by DKNY. I think that blackberry martini is what got me hooked. It's kind of musky when you first spray it on, but when it dries down it's beautiful. On me it's spicy and sweet. It kind of reminds me of Alien mixed with Black Orchid. The one thing I like about this perfume is that the longer you wear it the better it smells. It doesn't turn into to something horrid and rancid smelling in the 6th hour. I'm not too good at telling which note comes out 1st and all that, but I can tell you that if you like sweet and spicy, you will like this.

Please try this on though. It will smell kind of rank when you first spray it on, but it settles very nicely. When I first sprayed it on, I thought it was awful, but It just got better the longer it was my skin. I have a similar reaction with Creed's Spring Flower. When I 1st spray it on, I can't stand it. Like 30 minutes later and it smells wonderful on me. I am going to purchase a bottle of this. The have the sets out with the perfume and the lotion. I think this is a perfect winter frag. I love to smell scents like this against the cool crisp air that has a hint of firewood burning. I love the fall/winter!! WooHoo!!!
    Last edited by Divatologist; 28th October 2007 at 10:36 AM.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

OOoo - if you love it then I'm sure I will. I adore your taste, and we have many of the same loves!

I wouldn't have tried this before because I don't like Be Delicious at all, but that description has made me really interested! I'm definitely going to look out for it in department stores.

The SA at the Macy's in Sioux Falls hadn't even heard of it. "But we DO have Be Delicious and Red Delicious!!!!"

Urgh. Back to the interwebs, as usual.
    Last edited by tang; 29th October 2007 at 01:45 AM.
    Sniff and let sniff.

Right now it's only available at Bloomingdales and I'm guessing at DKNY stores as well. See, that's why I'm so tired of all this exclusive business.

Tovah I really think you will find the way this frag develops very interesting. I can't wait until you get to try it. I'm sure will be able to explain it better than me LOL!
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Divatologist View Post
    Right now it's only available at Bloomingdales and I'm guessing at DKNY stores as well. See, that's why I'm so tired of all this exclusive business.
    I hate single-retailer launch exclusivity in fragrances, too. Double that if it's longer than 3 months. Triple if it's a Neiman Marcus exclusive (I don't like shopping there one stinking bit). Quadruple if it's 3+ months exclusivity at Neiman's. Get the picture?

(BTW, Delicious Night should be available everywhere else in February.)
    Last edited by MFfan310; 29th October 2007 at 02:58 PM.
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

The November In Style had a foil wrapped sample containing a pad soaked with the perfume.

My reaction - YUCK!!!

A strange combination of woods and fruit. But then, I'm not a huge fan of fruity scents anyway. This one did nothing to change my opinion. So I'm not gonna go hunt this down anytime soon.

If someone gets their hands on an actual tester -- I'm curious to hear if it smells different from that sample.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Basenotes Institution

Well since Diva likes it, I'll seek it out.

The bottle is fierce! It looks like the poisoned apple from Sleeping Beauty...at Studio 54 under the disco ball.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Thumbs down Re: Any impressions of DKNY Delicious Night yet?

This was a scrubber for me...tried it last night from a EDT sample. Confusing opening (could very well indicate where my brain's at!), although I thought it had promise. The longer on my skin though, the worse it got. A heavy floriental...with "Blackberry Martinti"?...what's up with that? Found it sickeningly sweet and artificial which led to sneezing and headache. Caved at 40 minutes...couldn't stand it anymore. In the trash my sample goes...

Verdict: Cheap, artificial, much too loud, bottle is cheap and unoriginal (at this point)...and upon initial perusal of notes: thank god there's no apple in this one!

Notes:
    Top: frozen pomelo, crushed ginger, blackberry martini
    Heart: purple freesias, night blooming orchids, jasmine, purple iris
    Base: amber, incense, myrhh, patchouli, vetiver