Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    AromiErotici

Default Re: rare LARGE 3.4 oz. spray Ungaro III Eau de Toilette Cologne for Men

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    Holy Grail ?
    Aroma ... there are thousands of U III online everywhere with some uncapped testers starting at 99c on Ebay ....... sure they are the later versions .
    imho ,, its only a holy grail for very few & only if you really like bubble gum as well .
    Bubble gum????

I like bubble gum too ....
    i'll paint you the scenario in a pm , or maybe here .. its fun .
    then you will get a better understanding

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    This is a great thread. The search for the Holy Grail Ungaro III is on !!!

Correct me now if I'm wrong.....The Real Deal Ungaro III has the RED CAP and is made in France written on the bottle? None of the "made in France" versions come with a black cap...correct?
    I would venture to bet if you found an Ungaro III labeled "Made in France" it would be the vintage stuff no matter what the bottle cap/box colors are.

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    I like bubble gum too ....
    i'll paint you the scenario in a pm , or maybe here .. its fun .
    then you will get a better understanding
    Please expand on the bubble gum scenario as I am fond of gum also.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    I would venture to bet if you found an Ungaro III labeled "Made in France" it would be the vintage stuff no matter what the bottle cap/box colors are.
    I sent a message to an ebay seller to describe the item since his listed picture had the red cap......yet I'm sure the reformulaton is very good as well.

Wow thanks for all the work and reporting mrclmind! I think this is finally cleared up!

My red cap is made in Italy, so must be the reformulated, but I think it's great and complex and lasts a very long time on me, and it's one of the few I routinely get compliments on.
    I can't even imagine what the original must be like, and it's probably better that I stay ignorant.

Basenotes Plus

I've gotten the black cap and mottled box which is made in Italy and I imagine the Ungaro's are Italian so I'm going to wear this a lot. Plus it costs about $19.00 on ebay with the $10.00 for shipping that the 100ml bottle brings.

But we still have to beware the ebayer selling Ungaro III for $90.00. Seems no matter what I look for there's always one person selling for 10 times what the average is.
    Currently wearing: Oud 27 by Le Labo

Exactly how rare are the original formulations? I have a 1 ounce red capped, Made In Italy bottle with no gold bands at the top and bottom. I thought the Italian-Mades were black capped. I also have a 3.4 oz bottle with a red cap. Don't remember where it was made, though. Probably France, as I recall it smelled a bit different than the 1 ounce Italian. But they both have red caps...Hmmm

I know what the new black box and black cap Ungaro smells like and it smells nothing like my Rose petal box with black cap and golden shoulders...is this what you guys are saying when u say vintage?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugsley_f5 View Post
    I know what the new black box and black cap Ungaro smells like and it smells nothing like my Rose petal box with black cap and golden shoulders...is this what you guys are saying when u say vintage?
    Can you tell us whether your red capped bottle says "made in Italy" or "made in France" on the back?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugsley_f5 View Post
    To sum up the thread thus far (if I may):

As far as we know (through hard investigation by dedicated basenoters), the information pertinent to determining whether the fragrance is the original formulation (“vintage”) or the newer formulation is **where the fragrance is made**.
    -The original formulation is made in France
    -The newer formulation is made in Italy

The color of the caps and boxes and whether the bottle has gold on it or not is irrelevant.

(I hope that is accurate, I think it is )

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by scentemental View Post
    That's not vintage Ungaro Pour L'Homme III. The vintage one has a red cap instead of black cap and is made in France not Italy. Also, the bottle is different. See immediately below for images and a couple of posts down for more details:

scentemental
    I have, over the last few weeks, contacted a slew of ebay sellers of Ungaro III and have yet to find ONE SELLER that has the "Made in France" version.

Too bad. From the reviews in this thread, I wouldn't even consider purchasing the Italian version now.