Code of Conduct

Thread: Creed EDT's

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Creed EDT's

I found a cheap 120 ML EDT of Royal Water on a website for bout 50. Are the EDT's worth the money, as they aren't the same strength or oil content as the Millisimes. Is it worth buying?
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Default Re: Creed EDT's

i have the 1948 vetiver , im sure it is not a millesieme , but it lasts well on me and smells awesome.

Royal English Leather is an edt. I would say that the quality.longevity and "feel" of it is no different to the millesiemes.
    Last edited by Latch35; 28th October 2007 at 04:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

while not entirely a scientific approach, I have found that the 'Millesime' line isn't necessarily stronger than some of the earlier EdTs.
    Orange Spice, for instance, lasts hours on me, while Neroli Sauvage is but a fleeting whisper in the same amount of time. Similarly, Baie de Genievre lasts as long if not longer (with more complexity, in my opinion) than Bois du Portugal.
    I suppose the conclusion I have come to for myself about buying more Creeds is more a question of 'is this scent something I would pay for or not.' I love some of the line that I have, some others, meh.
    My take on your question-- if 50 pounds brings you closer to something you know you will enjoy, why not.

Post Thanks / Like

I would agree with Oaksbluff that it is definately scent specific... some creeds vanish in a very short time on me.. others go on and on (both EDT and Millesime).

Slightly off topic.. i am in the market for Virgin Island Water at the moment and the cheapest place I have found it so far is Fragrancenet, anyone know of anywhere cheaper??

That's a misprint. Royal Water is a Millesime only.

Creed doesn't make EDTs and Millesime versions of the same scent.

On the subject of Royal Water though, I sampled it very briefly and it didn't bowl me over-- but then some Creeds have taken me a few tries before getting hooked.

As for Creeds fragrances which ARE EDTs, I have several. I started out buying most of the MIllesimes, and then began to focus on the EDTs. The thing about the EDTs is most of them are from very different eras, so they might come as a bit of a shock to the nose if you're only used to the most recent Creeds. As for EDTs I have Acier Aluminium, Ambre Canelle, Bois de Cedrat, Epicea, Baie de Genievre, and Vetiver '48 (which is coming this week). These are all fragrances of very high quality, yet each one is anachronistic in its own way.
    Last edited by Indie_Guy; 28th October 2007 at 04:44 PM. Reason: grammar

Yeah, there's really no difference in the Millesimes and EdTs, both in terms of quality and longevity.

Acier Aluminum is an EdT, but lasts much longer than MI, which is Millesime. Both are sublime.

I aggree, there's no difference. Some Millesimes have shocking longevity (eg. MI) so don't go by whether they are EDT or Millesime.

Just check the reviews.

PS - I keep smelling something very similar to Royal Water on women all over the place - it must be a pretty popular frag - any ideas on what it could be?
    Last edited by calexs; 29th October 2007 at 08:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Royal Water is not an EDT (just Millésime).
    Vetiver 1948 is EDT
    Orange Spice is EDT

M. Imperial last on me the whole day...all of my Millésime are strong, even Erolfa and SMW.

For me is Millésime Creeds stronger thand EDT Creeds. Heavy EDT from Creeds...of course they last long :-)

Royal Water smells like Lacroix's C'est La Vie to me. Maybe thats what you're smelling?

Personally I don't like it - smells like an old lady's perfume, ornate and opulent - fit for the Queen I think.

I have Orange Spice which is a Edt & this has better longevity on me than MI which is a Millisime.I think that you have to try a few & find what suits you.