Code of Conduct

Default scent for a zombie?

i'm going to be a zombie for halloween this year, in the romero 'dawn of the dead' sense. i'm going to have lots of fake blood on me, which is syrupy sweet and edible. so i need help achieving a ghastly, undead aura. bulgari black is the only frag in my wardrobe that might work, but i'd like to try something new.

ideally something that i could get a sample or decant of easily or quickly; i'm going to be placing a samples order with scented monkey soon.

they don't offer samples of l'anarchiste, that'll probably be the first suggestion...

Default Re: scent for a zombie?

L'Anarchiste for this. Not just because of the name. It definitely has a rather sickly aura to it, especially in the topnotes. It reminds me of medicines and clean metal in an operating room. AND it's sickly sweet. Justy what you're looking for, in terms of the costume. The problem is, it isn't good for much else, IMO. So you might just get a decant of it. Because it would be a perfect zombie smell.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 15th October 2007 at 05:02 AM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

CB-i hate perfume-burning leaves

I would go for something earthy, maybe something vetiver and/or patchouli heavy. Like Guerlains Vetiver or YSL Rive Gauche. As a zombie you are supposed to smell of dirt, aren't you?
    Last edited by fakepurseninja; 15th October 2007 at 10:10 AM.

Salvador Dali pour Homme (which I love) is diabolical, but far too crafty for a zombie.

Make it Acqua di Giò or Cool Water -- they both always seem perfectly suited for mindless zombies.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 15th October 2007 at 01:40 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Etro's Messe de Minuit has a stony coldness that is zombie appropriate. I also assiciate Encre Noir from Lalique with a walking dead coolness that works.

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post
    Salvador Dali pour Homme (which I love) is diabolical, but far too crafty for a zombie.
    Dude!
    TV beat me to the punch. Salvador Dali can be bought very cheaply these days.

For a sweet, supposedly pseudo-goth effect, there's Black XS.

Passage D'Enfer, for the name only, but that's too expensive.

And there's always TV's favorite, A*men.

Last suggestion: Cumming. That's some very odd stuff in an interesting way.

i don't mind being a little bit crafty. scented monkey has samples of salvador dali pour homme so i'll give that a shot.

the guerlin vetiver is a good idea as well, might use that as a base to layer over.

Probably Comme des garçons garage...
    Read my perfume reviews at: http://perfumenoparatodos.blogspot.com/

Digital art portfolio: www.dreamlandpostcards.com

Make it Acqua di Giò or Cool Water -- they both always seem perfectly suited for mindless zombies.
    I thought the exact same thing! :wave:

WELL PLAYED, Haha.

If you want the real zombie experience, you should rub yourself with a roadkill pelt.

Well, a while back I posted a layering that was very halloweenish to my nose, Bulgari Black with Comme des Garcons 2 MAN... yikes.. but either of those alone would be perfect... and as far as rooty, coming from underground, I'll second Encre Noire, the new one from Lalique... The vetiver from that has wet black dirt attached to it whereas the one from Guerlain is very clean and citrusy... or just get some patchouli oil from a natural foods shop. That's probably your best bet actually
    Last edited by nthny; 16th October 2007 at 06:08 PM.

just received my sample of salvador dali, it is quite devious and will do nicely. i'm probably going to apply liberally over a spritz of guerlain vetiver with maybe some bulgari black in there.

i'm going to smell so strange, hopefully in a good, undead way.

ROFLMAO!!!!!
    Discount and drug store fragrance trollop. http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=74

how about some rotten meat sticking out of the sleeves and pants.

cheaper than the fumes

great way to slip another 'I detest this liquid shit I bought' thread under the radar

Bravo
    Last edited by fredricktoo; 25th October 2007 at 06:25 PM.

A*Men (for the zombie in the secret part of the basement that has been walled off to conceal a secret ancient chocolate supply)
    Hermes Bel Ami (for the cowboy zombie)
    L'eau du Desert Air Marocain (for the refned zombie)
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Talking Re: scent for a zombie?

Get some Asafoetida from the Indian section of your local food-store.

Quote Originally Posted by igoforwards View Post
    i'm going to be a zombie for halloween this year, in the romero 'dawn of the dead' sense. i'm going to have lots of fake blood on me, which is syrupy sweet and edible. so i need help achieving a ghastly, undead aura. bulgari black is the only frag in my wardrobe that might work, but i'd like to try something new.
    Dirt by Demeter.

Secretions Magnifique Sweat, bloood, milk, semen.....get the idea?