Code of Conduct

Talking The Perfect Celebrity Scent - You Choose!

Yeah Brit and Paris and Hilary -- and soon La Lohan , and even Marilyn Manson -- have scents. Who do you think would be better candidates for a perfume? What would you call it?

You can be serious or have fun with your choices. Provide notes and packaging or not. The celebrity can be in any field or walk of life, or even dead or alive. Even historical or fictional is great.
    Last edited by MiaKulpa; 29th October 2007 at 06:10 AM.

Please visit SalonAesthetica.com (undergoing redecorating, but still open for business and will be motoring along soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Sestra View Post
    Kelly Caleche smells like Beelzeebub's urine to me...

Default Re: The Perfect Celebrity Scent - You Choose!

Well I have to say that Alan Cumming has done a brilliant job of creating and marketing a tounge-in-cheek classic. I think he's gone about it in exactly the right way - not taking himself too seriously (unlike some). So my ideal celebrities would take the same approach.

I'll be pondering this all day now - thanks for a happy distraction!
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    ...not taking himself too seriously (unlike some)....
    Care to name names...please?!
    Last edited by MiaKulpa; 29th October 2007 at 07:50 AM.

Please visit SalonAesthetica.com (undergoing redecorating, but still open for business and will be motoring along soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Sestra View Post
    Kelly Caleche smells like Beelzeebub's urine to me...

Quote Originally Posted by MiaKulpa View Post
    Care to name names...please?!
    I'm sure you can think of a few slebs who're so busy posing and pouting they don't realise it's all rather silly. ;-)

Certainly over here in the UK there seems to be a recent rush to the perfume counters by all and sundry - Kate Moss, famously, but also Colleen McWhatsit, Jordan, and now Kelly Brook. I wonder who's been spreading titbits about the profitability of mass-market perfume?
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

I'd like our resident fashion gurus Trinny and Susannah (of What Not To Wear fame) to bring out a perfume in their joint names. They could call it "The PerfumeYou Should Be Wearing!!"

Norah Jones and Reese Witherspoon. I don't know what I would call them, though.

There is no Spoon!

I see Mariah Carey and Christina Aguilera have scents now as well. It's like an epidemic! I'd like to see less celeb scents, not more...

Basenotes Plus

It's a crime that Madonna has gone so long not having one! There were rumours aaaaaaages ago that she would release one called 'Holy Water' but that must have been a myth.
    Last edited by Candy Perfume Boy; 29th October 2007 at 07:44 PM.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Andrea Bocelli should have a women's fragrance called "Besame Mucho" which is a song he sings that I loooove. It means "kiss me a lot" in Italian and the perfume would have jasmine and vanilla notes in it.

Basenotes Institution

I agree with libertine - Madonna should have a scent (I'd buy it if it smelled good).

I'm thinking any day now, you're gonna hear about Daddy Yankee (or one of those insanely popular reggaeton singers) coming out with a cologne - targeted to that 15-25 year old Latin male consumer group. You heard it here first...
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

I'd buy Eau De Johnny Depp. Sigh.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Nick Cave and PJ Harvey No fruity florals of course.Dark, a little sexy and mysterious....Not sure about the notes,though.
    Last edited by ineespenes; 30th October 2007 at 10:49 AM.

Frankly, I'm bored with celebrity scents, but most of the celebrities coming out with them are people I don't admire, so maybe that's why.

I just got back from the small dept store we have in town, what p's me off is that the counter space is being taken up by these celebrity scents and we have such limited access to nice perfumes around here, as it is!! Grrrrr.... I am really hating this.
    Last edited by beachroses; 30th October 2007 at 04:37 PM.

I've never been much into celebrity scents, and the only one I've ever purchased was JLo's Miami Glow. The reasoning? I actually like it, and wear it in the summer.
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce: