Code of Conduct

Unhappy Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere temporarily pulled from shelves...

I have some bad news to tell you for those of you who have wanted to try Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere... it's been temporarily pulled from store shelves.

I talked to the lady at the Chanel Parfums/Beaute counter at Von Maur yesterday, and she got a memo from Chanel that No. 5 Eau Premiere has been pulled from Saks Fifth Avenue stores (effective immediately) due to unforeseen formulation stability problems with the product. At the same time, the full global launch has been delayed from the planned November 2007 timeframe until summer 2008.

The good news is that it will be back... you just won't be able to get your hands on a bottle this holiday season, that's all. Still, kudos to Chanel for taking the time to make sure that customers wouldn't end up stuck with a substandard product.
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Default Re: Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere temporarily pulled from shelves...

How strange - I have never heard of something like this before when it comes to frags..........

I ordered a sample from The Perfumed Court, and really liked it. I don' t think of it as a no 5 *light*, but it sure was less heavy on the nose tickling aldehydes.
    Last edited by musse; 29th October 2007 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Can' t spell
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

I think this is pretty funny because at the Tysons Saks during the F&F sale, they were practically forcing us to buy this at gunpoint. You know, where anything we asked for, they responded with that. My friend said she wanted the 1/2oz bottle of #5 parfum, and the SA grabbed the Eau Premiere. No, silly! I said I wanted the bath gel, and again, the SA tries to hand me a bottle of the EP. I wonder if they were just trying to get rid of as much as they could before sending the rest back? LOL

So that's what happened! Thanks for the info, ladies.
    WISHLIST: Tokyo Milk Honey & the Moon, Brooklyn Bunny Lettuce
    "Another way to take up more space is to wear perfume. I really love wearing perfume." ANDY WARHOL
    DETROIT RED WINGS: RULING THE HOCKEY UNIVERSE SINCE 1927