Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: I ordered from the Swiss Montale Shop and...

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Got my package in a reasonable amount of time

24 55.81%
  • Got my package after a month or so

6 13.95%
  • Have yet to receive anything--even an email response

6 13.95%
  • Had a different experience

7 16.28%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default The Crazy Montale Sale- Your Experience

Almost a month ago, I ordered almost $200 worth of fragrances from the Swiss Montale Shop-- and so far, like many other people have received nothing except dodgy "service" from "Florence" when I call or write.

I was hoping to find out just how many people are still awaiting deliveries from this shop, and how many people actually received their packages.

Default Re: The Crazy Montale Sale- Your Experience

I got my order one week later. Made a new order and again, one week later I got my stuff.

So, maybe I'm one of the few who had a positive experience.

3 orders, 1 of which after the site went down. First order took 10 days, other two took 1 week. Don't worry, it'll come eventually.. I've had things take 6 weeks to get to me before even from UK. I don't think anyone is a rat here.. perhaps just a cast of mail going through countless hands.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    3 orders, 1 of which after the site went down. First order took 10 days, other two took 1 week. Don't worry, it'll come eventually.. I've had things take 6 weeks to get to me before even from UK. I don't think anyone is a rat here.. perhaps just a cast of mail going through countless hands.
    I don't have any problems with how long it takes something to arrive. But they angered me when I took the effort to call them during THEIR business hours-- and they told me they'd send me an email "in five minutes." And this was over a week ago-- they never sent me that email (nor did they ever intend to). It seems like a kind of "piss off" attitude. I'm sure they run a legit business and I doubt they're trying to rip people off. But they do need to keep their word.

I placed 3 orders and happily everything arrived in less than 2 weeks. They did rip me off on the first order though. I paid for express shipping but they only sent it priority. The freebies made up for it I guess.
    I everyones' missing in transit stuff turns up!

I bought and received two separate orders in a 2 week time period. No problems.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    Almost a month ago, I ordered almost $200 worth of fragrances from the Swiss Montale Shop.
    All this talk about you not receiving your package yet.....at least tell us what you ordered?....unless you mentioned it but I didn't see it..then sorry...but would be nice to know what you're expecting.

OH....did a post history check..found out it was Black Aoud & Aoud Lime...nice!!!! sorry about the wait...I know it's a bit of a pain...I personnaly decided recently to pay for the slightly overpriced perfumes here then hassale with online stores...hope you receive it soon...try not to worry too much...makes things worse.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 29th October 2007 at 05:47 PM.

I've placed an order on Oct. 2nd. Never received an order confirmation or shipping confirmation. On the phone (after many failing attempts) Florence checked and told me it was shipped on Oct. 5th.
    The order NEVER made it here.

Last Monday I spoke with Florence again and she agrees to re-ship. She did so on the very same day (Oct. 22nd) and my order (the replacement one) arrived today!
    Everything I ordered plus nice extras.

Original order never arrived. I am still convinced that it is either stuck in customs or got lost due to mis-spelled address or missing zipcode.

I hope everyone will receive their orders soon.

If you noticed on their website, for US customers, the zip code entry was messed up. For both of my orders, my zip code was missing altogether but fortunately both arrived timely. However, that doesn't mean it didn't mess up anything for anyone else.

TNMA

Just like Mishel, I've ordered on Oct. 2nd, my credit card was charged on 3rd, but no shipping confirmation. All of my email inquiries went unanswered. I am still waiting for my order to arrive.

Florence finally replied my emails this morning and said she'll send my order today. I was ready to contact my credit card company this week, but I'll wait another week or two...

My 2 previous orders from them arrived within 5 business days with Priority shipping.

I wonder if their computer crashed or something shortly after the 2nd, if that's when all of you who had problems ordered.

I ordered twice, and each time took about 2 weeks.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    CREED: Chevrefeuille, SMW, BdP, Aventus
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale
    YSL: Vintage M7

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

I placed my order on October 4 and used Paypal. I didn't get a receipt or a confirmation email or anything from them! My money just vanished from my account. I have written many times (no idea how many) and finally last week I spoke with Florence 2. She asked for my information so I sent her my Paypal record of the transaction and she promised to respond right away. Well, that was a week ago. I have written another couple of times but I still haven't heard back. My first order was two weeks from the time I placed it until it arrived. The second one is the missing order. I should have left well enough alone and been happy but no...I was greedy and had to have more!

I placed 3 seperate orders.The 3rd one arrived in just three days.The 1st and 2nd one didn't show up for nearly three weeks and I called Florence.She resent my 1st and 2nd orders (3 bottles) via fedex priority along with 5 free bottles!!!!

Well, I've just been informed that they no longer have any Montales left in stock and she will refund me my money.

I’m not impressed but I’m glad to get this fiasco over and done with. If I hear nothing from them by Friday, I'll be filing a claim with Paypal.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Well, I've just been informed that they no longer have any Montales left in stock and she will refund me my money.

I’m not impressed but I’m glad to get this fiasco over and done with. If I hear nothing from them by Friday, I'll be filing a claim with Paypal.
    She has offered me a refund in her mail yesterday...I wanted to wait for another day ie. today to see if the package arrived...It didn't....now i've written to her to refund my money that i paid against both my orders...

On both the occassions i paid through my credit card....I don't know how will she reimburse me? Will she credit the amount to my credit card? I've given my paypal too to make things easier....

The worrying part is that she hasn't mailed back yet to talk about the refund. I hope i get my money back. I wish i had paid through paypal.

gupts

What really pisses me off is the eratic nature in which they operate. I made my order in September, while the website was still up and running, and still haven't received anything. If I lived in the US, maybe I'd be a tad more forgiving but I don't. Even with the UK postal strikes, it shouldn't have taken more than two weeks.

Mine took about a month. Montale is crazy overrated and I don't think I will be buying anything from them anymore.

I use to call to their Paris boutique and i always received my orders within a couple of days, without any problems !

Luckily, I still have my 50ml bottle of Black Aoud that I bought off Vijay, so I'm not sorely disappointed.

I remember predicting that s**t would, at some point, hit the fan. However, the sale was during Ramadan and that somehow gave me the confidence to take the plunge. In hindsight, I shouldn't have bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas V View Post
    Mine took about a month. Montale is crazy overrated and I don't think I will be buying anything from them anymore.
    It has been said before in the other lengthy thread, but this has nothing to do with Montale as a company! It is the store which sells them. It could be Creed, Chanel or Lynx they were selling...

Quote Originally Posted by shifts View Post
    It has been said before in the other lengthy thread, but this has nothing to do with Montale as a company! It is the store which sells them. It could be Creed, Chanel or Lynx they were selling...
    Point taken. However, this doesn't relieve the fact that I feel their product is overrated and won't purchase anything from them anymore--whether it is from Paris, Switzerland, or Compton. I'm really not feeling their stuff and only bought it because of the sale.

Perhaps the poll could use an option of "everything I knew I wanted had disappeared and I wasn't up for a blind buy of what was left"

Point taken. However, this doesn't relieve the fact that I feel their product is overrated and won't purchase anything from them anymore--whether it is from Paris, Switzerland, or Compton. I'm really not feeling their stuff and only bought it because of the sale.
    Ooh - to each his/her own of course, but I don't feel like they're overrated at all - they're my 2nd favourite house after Lutens. I always wanted their fragrances but never ventured before the sale because of the prices.

I wonder why so many peoples' packages got lost though - it seems quite extraordinary. I must have sent and recieved over 500 items of all kinds, and in all that, maybe two items were lost.

Maybe they had an intense volume? I suspect they had some issues with their database or else they ran out of stock, and were just waiting for more or something which is why they sent them out so late.

Quite obnoxious of them not to explain to anyone what was going on!
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR View Post
    I wonder why so many peoples' packages got lost though - it seems quite extraordinary. I must have sent and recieved over 500 items of all kinds, and in all that, maybe two items were lost.
    I don't think the packages got lost, they probably never even shipped it out in the first case, probably forgot or something happen. Maybe just making an excuse or lie.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    I don't think the packages got lost, they probably never even shipped it out in the first case, probably forgot or something happen. Maybe just making an excuse or lie.
    Yes, that's what I mean - I'd guess they maybe had a problem with their database so they lost many peoples' orders and didn't want to admit it, or else they ran out of things when they were tossing in free bottles, and took/charged alot of orders that they simply didn't have the stock for since people bought so much at once. I bet they had to buy from Montale Paris to fulfill the orders!

Just a guess anyway... It'd have to be something embarassing for them not to explain it to all the angry/distraight customers!
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

Quote Originally Posted by shifts View Post
    Agreed that its the store who had all the problems while catering to the customers orders. Montale as a company is responsible for the activities of their representative stores. This store in Switzerland was not a corner shop selling Montale's illegally. It had its own website which was identical to the original Montale website and a lot of people wouldn't be able to tell the difference if it was the distributors website or the company's own website.

All this chaos about people buying crazily during the sale has surely adversely affected Montale's reputation even if the bungling happened at one of its distributors. Montale would not want its customers to fight for the deliveries of their products or wait for their orders endlessly without being given complete shipping information.

I would never buy from an online site paying with my credit card. I wouldn't buy if payment isn't through paypal because i do get some protection there. For me Montale was a formidible name is why i, without any hesitation punched my credit card number on their website. I had never dreamt that i would be subjected to this nighmare. Obviously it was the greed to own several Montale bottles at an average price comparable to that of average designer scents.

It was just crazy to deal with them. It still is as i am fighting for a refund. The officials in Geneva would just not give any information and if you told them that you haven't got your parcel yet, they'd say 'Ok, maybe its lost. We will send you another one'. Is this some kind of a joke? Send you another parcel without making any effort to trace the earlier parcel; I think a lot of basenoters had to call them up to get their parcels resent. Some of them have reached, some of them haven't.

I remember Sudsy having ordered a package as well. We will never know if that parcel got delivered or not. I don't know after how much struggle will i be able to pursue them for a refund.

I had placed 2 orders.

1st on 18th Sept
    2nd on 29th Sept

None arrived. Did both the parcels got lost? Mind you i paid for Express shipping on both as these were expensive purchases.

During the 2nd week in Oct i started calling them up to know the whereabouts of my parcels. They said, 'Oh, maybe they are lost. We will send you another one rightaway'. Ok believed them. They sent another one on the 16th of OCT they claim.

Since i haven't received this yet, is this lost too?

3 parcels gone missing to the same address in australia? Whereas all my ebay purchases from local and overseas sellers are getting delivered without any hassles.

I will leave the interpretation of this episode to the members here.

Bottomline: I think Montale, Paris is responsible for its distributors/representatives actions and their conduct.

gupts

Thing is though, there's no way for them to trace the parcels as they're sent without tracking. They can either say "sorry, we're not responsible for parcels shipped without insurance" which is what I think most retailers would say, or else they can say "I guess they must have gotten lost, we'll ship you a new order" which is pretty cool - however, something must be fishy if SO many orders got lost like that. I suspect you'll get yours eventually...

Isn't it illegal to ship fragrance in the USA though? Maybe USPS is conficating them all?
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR View Post
    Thing is though, there's no way for them to trace the parcels as they're sent without tracking. They can either say "sorry, we're not responsible for parcels shipped without insurance" which is what I think most retailers would say, or else they can say "I guess they must have gotten lost, we'll ship you a new order" which is pretty cool - however, something must be fishy if SO many orders got lost like that. I suspect you'll get yours eventually...

Isn't it illegal to ship fragrance in the USA though? Maybe USPS is conficating them all?
    I could be totally wrong, but isn't there a tracking number for every item shipped, regardless if it has insurance or not? I'm not talking about a letter in the mail, but boxes shipped internationally have customs forms and tracking numbers, at least this has been the case in my experience.
    You are not your perfume.

Montale is no more overrated than all the other scents that are popular on BN.

Looking at the results, it is an overwhelming majority for those who voted were satisfied. Including the top two options; its no contest...Montale shipped overseas within a month's time for 80% of the voters. There's the real story.

TNMA

I wouldn't call 59% an overwhelming majority. That would be known as an F+. The second option does not mean satisfied. It only tracks how long it took to arrive. I fell into that category and would not say that I was satisfied.

For those that got their packages on time, that is excellent. But for those of us who were totally in the dark, with dead end phone calls, double charges, and no-response emails, our experience was a bit different.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Montale, or have a Black Aoud punching bag or anything like that. It just wasn't a very good buying experience, that is all.

Nicolas V...good point. If I don't get my stuff this week, I am going to start requesting my money back. I will then call the Montale boutique in Paris and order my bottle of Black Aoud from them! I am not giving up on Montale at all!

Quote Originally Posted by paintrman View Post
    Nicolas V...good point. If I don't get my stuff this week, I am going to start requesting my money back. I will then call the Montale boutique in Paris and order my bottle of Black Aoud from them! I am not giving up on Montale at all!

I would be paranoid about getting to order Montale again even if its from Paris. I'd perhaps get one from a member here. All this depends on when i get my money back. Its not happening easily i think.

Several mails for a refund and these people are quiet. Perhaps i will have to spend some bucks to get my bucks back.

gupts

Gupts. I called twice today hoping to speak with Florence but no luck. I got up at 3:00 this morning thinking that they would just have opened their store. They have an answering machine and are screening their calls! I left a message at 3:00 and then another one at 4:00. I have sent so many emails that I am getting used to them ignoring me! If I don't hear back from them soon, then I am going to start the process of filing a complaint with PayPal.

I'm so sorry some of you got treated this way.
    The shop has just been good to me. I ordered twice-and recieved the parcels timely. Additionally I was gifted in a extraordinary manner!
    Altogether I ordered 4 -50 ml and 2- 100 ml bottles-at half price-and got on top of this 3 -50 ml and 3 -100 ml bottles plus a gift set containing three scents-and about 25 samples!

The shop in Paris always sends their lovely 20 mls-and the samples I wish!

Bonnie

I wish i had ordered too...hindsight is a bitch .
    Last edited by knightowl; 1st November 2007 at 04:17 PM.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Gupts. I called twice today hoping to speak with Florence but no luck. I got up at 3:00 this morning thinking that they would just have opened their store. They have an answering machine and are screening their calls! I left a message at 3:00 and then another one at 4:00. I have sent so many emails that I am getting used to them ignoring me! If I don't hear back from them soon, then I am going to start the process of filing a complaint with PayPal.
    Paintrman...

You stand on a better ground compared to me. I paid through my credit card and they are not responding to any of my mails. I called them up once yesterday and it goes on voicemail.

Since you paid with paypal you can file a dispute and get your money back.
    I wonder how will i get my money back if they continue to behave like this.

SOMEONE HELP PLEASE.....

gupts

Gupts: Can't you file a complaint with your credit card company? You were charged for good you never rec'd.

I've just filed a Paypal dispute with them. I'll give them a few working days to reply before escalating it.

Will keep you all posted.

Quote Originally Posted by loungeboy View Post
    Gupts: Can't you file a complaint with your credit card company? You were charged for good you never rec'd.
    Honestly, this might be the way to go. Especially taking into consideration the fact that there is no communication between the parties. That is scary. I would certainly contact my credit card company.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Nicolas V; 1st November 2007 at 08:58 PM.

Honestly, this might be the way to go. Especially taking into consideration the fact that there is no communication between the parties. That is scary. I would certainly contact my credit card company.

Good luck.
    Can i do that even if i have paid my credit card bill? It was due at the end of last month and i paid the dues. Can i write to the CC company that this charge should be withdrawn since i didn't receive the goods?

thanks guys for all your help but i surely need some advice here to help me get my money back.

gupts

I would certainly give it a try. As much as I hate credit cards, when I had a similar issue they were very helpful. Contact them and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    Can i do that even if i have paid my credit card bill? It was due at the end of last month and i paid the dues. Can i write to the CC company that this charge should be withdrawn since i didn't receive the goods?

thanks guys for all your help but i surely need some advice here to help me get my money back.

gupts
    Heck yeah!
    Call them up and tell them you want to dispute charges. You aren't the first person to get stiffed using mailorder. The retailer signs an agreement with the CC companies to abide by certain standards and if they don't the CC companies want to know about.
    If you were fortunate enough to use AMEX I know they even take the charges off your account while they resolve the matter.
    Good luck!

Heck yeah!
    Call them up and tell them you want to dispute charges. You aren't the first person to get stiffed using mailorder. The retailer signs an agreement with the CC companies to abide by certain standards and if they don't the CC companies want to know about.
    If you were fortunate enough to use AMEX I know they even take the charges off your account while they resolve the matter.
    Good luck!

Definately, Retailers and Etailers have agreement contracts with CC companies. They can be charged back the amount and that can be credited to your account. It may take some time, until the chargeback goes through. I do see one more problem with this. If they have closed the Bank account they used to sell the Montale scents and get payments for. Remember they are not a part of Montale , just a vendor. They shut down the web site which misled people into thinking they were part of Montale. If this is the case, then you need to give the CC company their new name, new web site address and physical address, phone number etc etc. This way even if they closed the bank account , the CC company may still be able to go after them.

Not saying they are intentionally doing this, maybe they did ship it and are also frustated that shipping is taking so long. I don't think they can track international shipments if they used their Post Office. I know when I sent out international shipments the US Post office would not give me tracking #'s even when I asked for it.

I sincerely hope this gets resolved for you, Gupts and for Paintrman and for anybody else that is going through this fiasco.
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Happy Dia de los Muertos to all! An update...Florence finally answered one of my emails with the excuse that yesterday was a holiday and that is why it took so long to get back to me! Whatever! She said she was going to send me my money back. That's good news except she didn't do it. Maybe she means she will eventually send me my money back. This is what happens when you are greedy and you ignore the small voice that says this is too good to be true.

Chances are she was initially snowed under with orders but is now snowed under with complaints!

Everyday i hope that the parcel might just come but it doesnt.

I wonder how many more people here are awaiting there parcels or a refund.

I know its me, Paintrman, Trebor...who else? Maybe we should all collectively write to them and intimidate them with the mighty power of basenotes

gupts

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    Everyday i hope that the parcel might just come but it doesnt.

I wonder how many more people here are awaiting there parcels or a refund.

I know its me, Paintrman, Trebor...who else? Maybe we should all collectively write to them and intimidate them with the mighty power of basenotes

gupts
    Hey, don't freak out just yet! I think we should wait and see what happens over the next couple of weeks before becoming really concerned about the situation. Just take comfort in the fact that you aren't alone.

As for me, I'm just taking it as it comes.

Hey guys, I feel bad that you didn't get your parcels and I did. It sucks that they ran out of fragrances-- I hope you get your money back. I think you will. Florence doesn't do a very good job of communicating. Still, she was really generous when she resent my order (though she screwed up and sent me White Aoud instead of Black Aoud-- which I'm overlooking since I prefer it, and I got two bottles of Aoud Lime (my fave).

Every day I look on here hoping to see that your parcels have arrived, and it depresses me to see that they haven't. Still, there's always a chance that they still may turn up. You'll get your money back at some point. Even if you have to talk to your CC company or PayPal.

Keep us updated, and good luck...

If she really had sent my package a month ago, why was she so happy to refund my money (which she still hasn't, I might add)? Why didn't she just say that the mail is slow? Or, how about...be patient, it's on it's way? Or, blame the British Postal Service? It would seem that she never sent it. I felt the same when I heard that she was re-sending packages to people. Did anybody ever get two packages or double their order? I would guess not.
    Last edited by paintrman; 2nd November 2007 at 09:38 PM.

If she really had sent my package a month ago, why was she so happy to refund my money (which she still hasn't, I might add)? Why didn't she just say that the mail is slow? Or, how about...be patient, it's on it's way? Or, blame the British Postal Service? It would seem that she never sent it. I felt the same when I heard that she was re-sending packages to people. Did anybody ever get two packages or double their order? I would guess not.
    Exactly...No one has come out here and acknowledged the receipt of 'repeat' parcels...If i were to believe her there are 3 packages in transit for me...

The first one was sent 45 days ago
    The 2nd was sent 35 days ago
    The 3rd (that supposedly contains repeat contents of Parcel 1 and 2) was sent 18 days ago.

Like Indie_guy said are these parcels tied to a tortoise's back and being sent. Or worse still on a snail's back? I mean 'slow' mail is supposed to be slow. It should reach at some point.

I think any more delay in aggressively pursuing our refund will be a mistake.

gupts

In total agreement here.

Well, I didn't receive anything from them - no e-mail, no refund nor my order. Based on their 'reluctance' to communicate to any of my e-mails, I've decided not to wait and escalate the matter. I made it clear to them that, if they didn't contact me by the end of today, I would file a claim - and now I have.
    Last edited by Trebor; 2nd November 2007 at 10:03 PM.

You go boy! If she doesn't follow through with her promise to refund me, I will do the same.

Florence promised me, when I phoned her on Tuesday. Now, how hard could it be to issue a refund within three working days?

That's a good point about nobody receiving repeat parcels. Though I didn't get too mad about it (since I got some freebees), I DIDN'T get the Black Aoud I had ordered, but instead received White Aoud. I wasn't too mad because I had considered the possibility that I could eventually get the "lost" order. It does bum me out just a little, because I did want a Black Aoud-- even though I like the White Aoud. I was going to try to swap away one of my Aoud Limes, but have decided to hang onto it.

I can't complain too much-- I got lucky, though it does bug me just a little that even though I got 2 free 100ml bottles of scents I like, I never got the Black Aoud that I had paid for. Oh well... Maybe ten years from now a bottle of Black Aoud will show up on my doorstep.

I'll keep wishing you guys the best. Hope it gets resolved soon.

It's kind of weird how they were so generous to those who did get their stuff, while others got nothing.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Today i called up my credit card company and disputed the 2 Montale transactions on my statement. They'd send me some papers to sign and then they'd pursue the vendor to give them evidence of supply etc.

I for one believe that if they sent the goods, they would have been delivered. It just can't be that all the 3 parcels (2 original & 1 repeat) go missing.

I hope that i get my refund without any hassles.

gupts

Well, here is an interesting twist to the story. I just got another email from Florence Richard at the formerly known as Montale Boutique in Switzerland. She informs me that she mailed me a package today (instead of refunding my money as she said last week). Now, what should I do if she does to me what she did to Indie? You know, send something other than what I ordered because we both ordered Black Aoud! Oh, the stress of it all!!!

Ooops, and another thing. My package just went out today and I placed the order about 5 weeks ago! Anybody else have an update to their story?
    Last edited by paintrman; 6th November 2007 at 01:55 PM.

I've heard nothing from them, as yet. However, it's going to take most of this month for Paypal to resolve the situation. Once again, the way they operate is eratic to say the least. However, even if they contacted me about sending a replacement package, based on what IndieGuy experienced, I'd refuse (Black Aoud was among my order too).

paintrman, how the hell could they have sent you a replacement order, when they claimed they ran out of stock of Montales? Strange, no?
    Last edited by Trebor; 7th November 2007 at 12:28 AM.

However, even if they contacted me about sending a replacement package, based on what IndieGuy experienced, I'd refuse (Black Aoud was among my order too).
    I don't know about some people, but I'd be upset if I didn't get what I ordered, even though they included a ton of extra's. I just want what I ordered, no need for the extra's I'd probably won't like. As well as, some mentioned ordering a 100ml bottle and instead getting the scent split with 2 x 50ml bottles. The annoyance of 2 x 50ml bottles instead of having one 100ml would be upsetting to me...I don't know..call me picky.

paintrman, how the hell could they have sent you a replacement order, when they claimed they ran out of stock of Montales? Strange, no?
    Based on the experiences mentioned by others, buyers are not properly given consistent information, it seems everyone's getting a different answer, possibly either lies or excuses IMO.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 7th November 2007 at 12:47 AM.

I finally got my package today..

NO BLACK AOUD
    Instead it has been replaced by a 50ml Aoud Damascus & 50ml Aoud Ambre.

NO FREEBIES
    Not even a single sample bottle or sample free

I had ordered

BLACK AOUD 100ml
    AOUD LIME 100ml
    AOUD ROSE PETALS 100ml
    ATTAR 100ml

The package was indeed shipped on 16th Sept.

I am terribly disappointed for not receiving BLACK AOUD or any gifts.
    I am going to write to Florence today and take up the issue about changing my order without my permission. I don't know how far will i be able to go but i guess thats the only option i have.

So for anybody who is waiting for his package and is expecting Black Aoud in it, i would say its highly unlikely that BO would be part of the parcel.

My only hope now is if i receive the previous parcels (that they claim they have sent). Its more like wishful thinking though. I don't believe they have sent them previously. So the quest for BO isn't over yet.

I have tried Aoud Rose Petals and am overwhelmed with it. Smells like rose water to me. My first impression about this is that it is very feminine and i don't know how wearable it is for a man. The sillage is tremendous. I just put 2 sprays on my chest and with every breath i take, i can smell the perfume.

I think i need to see how it goes until the drydown to see if the 'roses' take a backseat or not.

gupts