Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: I ordered from the Swiss Montale Shop and...

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Got my package in a reasonable amount of time

24 55.81%
  • Got my package after a month or so

6 13.95%
  • Have yet to receive anything--even an email response

6 13.95%
  • Had a different experience

7 16.28%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: The Crazy Montale Sale- Your Experience

gupts,

I'm not at all surprised by the latest news. It looks like something may be on the way for me too but, unless I get exactly what I ordered, I won't be accepting the goods. Oh, and they'll have to pay for the postage to send it back.

Wow. I'm bummed out that you also were shorted on the Black Aoud. Especially since you didn't get any freebees.

So the label on your package DOES say it was postmarked on Sept 16th? If that's the case, then I wonder if other packages are still floating around out there.

I am bummed that I didn't get the Black Aoud. The White Aoud is OK, but I would have rather gotten the Black Aoud. Still, I look at it like I got two bottles of Lime Aoud for less than the price of one-- plus a free White Aoud and Steam Aoud. I guess that's the way I'm going to look at it. (I cheated a little bit though-- in my initial email/order I expressed interest in White Aoud and Steam Aoud-- so that's probably why I got those as my Freebees!) So while I didn't get the Black Aoud, I still got a pretty good deal in the end.

I still hope our Black Aouds show up. I'm not counting on it, but that would be a nice surprise!

gupts,

I've just realised that maybe the reason why you didn't receive any freebies may have been due to the fact that you ordered early. If memory serves me correctly, the freebies with orders happened a little later (I think closer towards the end of September). However, I have no idea why it took so long for the package to arrive. Also, you SHOULD have received Black Aoud after ordering it as early as you did. Hopefully, it'll turn up in another package with some freebies.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    gupts,

I've just realised that maybe the reason why you didn't receive any freebies may have been due to the fact that you ordered early. If memory serves me correctly, the freebies with orders happened a little later (I think closer towards the end of September). However, I have no idea why it took so long for the package to arrive. Also, you SHOULD have received Black Aoud after ordering it as early as you did. Hopefully, it'll turn up in another package with some freebies.
    Trebor....

I placed my first order on the 18th of Sept
    the 2nd one was placed on the 29th of Sept.

These two packets were shipped on receipt of my orders...so they claim...(which i doubt)

The packet that i have received was resent (supposedly) on the 16th of October...

There is no reason why they didn't include anything free knowing fully well they were not sending me BO...I am going to write to them..i don't know how if it would yield anything but i think i will also take it up with the credit card company that they sent me something that i didnt order....maybe they can pursue the case and probably get a black aoud bottle for me...

gupts

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    The packet that i have received was resent (supposedly) on the 16th of October...
    Ah, I got the impression that it was postmarked 16th of September and, thus, took ages to get to you.

Ha! Now be prepared for the best story ever - oh my goodness, I can't believe it myself as I write this:

I ordered Black Aoud and Aoud Lime and told them to ship it to my swiss address. I only payed swiss shipping costs. OK, they messed the addresses and sent it to my austrian address although I paid only swiss shipping costs. Would have been fine if there wasn't custom fees to pay. I phoned them and Florence told me to send it back, they will re-ship it to my swiss address without extra costs, sorry, sorry and so on.

OK. I didn't take it and let it be sent back to Montana Switzerland.
    After two weeks I contacted them and asked if the package has finally arrived and the answer was no, not yet. Another week later I asked again in german language and this is what they replied in german (translated):

"The package has finally arrived, but we're sorry to inform you that the bottle of Black Aoud out of your package has been wrongly sold in the meantime and there's no stock left. The woman who sent it is at the moment on vacation and will be back on monday. We will tell her the problem and let you know as soon as possible"

Can you believe this????
    Last edited by dr.creed; 7th November 2007 at 01:39 PM.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

I am getting ready for a confrontation because I also ordered Black Aoud and Florence wrote to tell me that my package was on the way! So, unless they took the Black Aoud out of Dr.Creed's box and sent it to me (if so, sorry!!!!), I am going to be upset if I get the wrong stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.creed View Post
    Ha! Now be prepared for the best story ever - oh my goodness, I can't believe it myself as I write this:

I ordered Black Aoud and Aoud Lime and told them to ship it to my swiss address. I only payed swiss shipping costs. OK, they messed the addresses and sent it to my austrian address although I paid only swiss shipping costs. Would have been fine if there wasn't custom fees to pay. I phoned them and Florence told me to send it back, they will re-ship it to my swiss address without extra costs, sorry, sorry and so on.

OK. I didn't take it and let it be sent back to Montana Switzerland.
    After two weeks I contacted them and asked if the package has finally arrived and the answer was no, not yet. Another week later I asked again in german language and this is what they replied in german (translated):

"The package has finally arrived, but we're sorry to inform you that the bottle of Black Aoud out of your package has been wrongly sold in the meantime and there's no stock left. The woman who sent it is at the moment on vacation and will be back on monday. We will tell her the problem and let you know as soon as possible"

Can you believe this????
    Christ...

Lo and behold - I'm shell-shocked! I placed an order on September 20th for 1X 100ml Black Aoud and 1X 100ml Attar. That package which I had received confirmation of its shipping never arrived . Florence sent out a re-shipment via FEDEX with tracking on October 5th and I got it in three days. 1X 100ml Black Aoud + 2X 50ml Attar + 1X 100ml Aoud Lime as a freebie. Well guess what? My original order arrived yesterday. I got my 1X100ml Black Aoud, + my 1x100ml Attar and for freebies I got 1X 100ml Aoud Cuir D'Arabie and a 1X100ml White Aoud. I am ecstatic. The original parcel was held up in customs because the box shows the shipment date of September 20th with a US customs clearance sticker on it. I am so happy. I'll bet for anybody else in the US that didn't receive their original order yet, it's probably because Customs hasn't released it yet.

You should send your extra bottle of Black Aoud to Indie_Guy since he got cheated out of his
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Lo and behold - I'm shell-shocked! I placed an order on September 20th for 1X 100ml Black Aoud and 1X 100ml Attar. That package which I had received confirmation of its shipping never arrived . Florence sent out a re-shipment via FEDEX with tracking on October 5th and I got it in three days. 1X 100ml Black Aoud + 2X 50ml Attar + 1X 100ml Aoud Lime as a freebie. Well guess what? My original order arrived yesterday. I got my 1X100ml Black Aoud, + my 1x100ml Attar and for freebies I got 1X 100ml Aoud Cuir D'Arabie and a 1X100ml White Aoud. I am ecstatic. The original parcel was held up in customs because the box shows the shipment date of September 20th with a US customs clearance sticker on it. I am so happy. I'll bet for anybody else in the US that didn't receive their original order yet, it's probably because Customs hasn't released it yet.
    If you're looking to sell any of those, let me know! Cool story, brings hope for those that haven't gotten anything!

Hey, well done! It does sound encouraging.

However, as I live in the UK, it doesn't answer why I'm still waiting for mine. Oh, and I still haven't received any contact from Florence 'and co', since filing a dispute with Paypal.

It'll be six weeks, tomorrow, since I made my order, btw...
    Last edited by Trebor; 8th November 2007 at 03:52 PM.