Code of Conduct

Default How do you open the Chanel perfume flacon?

Silly question...I just bought a bottle of Chanel No.5 perfume. Is there a "proper" way to open this? It looks so beautiful with the wax seal and all....

Also, how should I apply it? with my fingers? wouldn't that contaminate the bottle?

Default Re: How do you open the Chanel perfume flacon?

My dear, I faced the same dilemma several weeks ago, but I challenge anyone who can actually wear the Chanel no 5 without disturbing the lovely wax seal. I , in a barbarian like fashion, broke the seal, released the essence, contamination or no! I also used my fingers. I know that some may think this is just plain wrong, but I did. I do wash my hands first, and make sure they are lotion free before applying.
    I think there may be some here who prefer to decant into an atomizer.

Come to think of it, I could use a tiny little dropper....hmmm.... perhaps I will try that next time.

I feel for you. I do. But I think you just have to open it.
    I also tried to leave the wax seal hanging by a thread, but found that if a little of the parfum gets on the wax, it smears.

Congratulations and Enjoy.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I guess there's just no way to preserve the lovely wax seal! Thanks so much for your reply - I can't wait to wear it. I finally decided to treated myself and bought the perfume. I have the EDP as well -can't wait to see the difference.

Eager to read your impressions. I found a great difference amongst edt, edp and parfum.
    Keep us posted.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

The appropriate way to open any Chanel parfum is to take a long hot bath, carefully shaving every stub of out of place body hair. Moisturize well with fragrance free almond oil and put hair in rollers. This gets harder....tie on a scarf and put on big dark glasses to dart up the street for a mani-pedi. Return home, with car windows slightly down if longer hair is not quite dry. Spritz hair with fragrance free hairspray and blow dry on low. Allow to cool while applying make up. Apply lipstick to match manicure. Blot. Gloss. Remove rollers and finger comb for loose messy curls. Be gentle so as not to dent fresh manicure which may not be fully cured.

Put on :
    a. satin negligee
    b. sexy black dress
    c. nothing

Recline on fainting couch. Open bottle. Apply sparingly using whatever body part seems most appropriate at the time. Replace stopper. Relax your arm, but retain the bottle in the hand.

Smile. Close eyes.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Ain't nuthin to compare with Shycat when she ain't bein shy

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat View Post
    The appropriate way to open any Chanel parfum is to take a long hot bath, carefully shaving every stub of out of place body hair. Moisturize well with fragrance free almond oil and put hair in rollers. This gets harder....tie on a scarf and put on big dark glasses to dart up the street for a mani-pedi. Return home, with car windows slightly down if longer hair is not quite dry. Spritz hair with fragrance free hairspray and blow dry on low. Allow to cool while applying make up. Apply lipstick to match manicure. Blot. Gloss. Remove rollers and finger comb for loose messy curls. Be gentle so as not to dent fresh manicure which may not be fully cured.

Put on :
    a. satin negligee
    b. sexy black dress
    c. nothing

Recline on fainting couch. Open bottle. Apply sparingly using whatever body part seems most appropriate at the time. Replace stopper. Relax your arm, but retain the bottle in the hand.

Smile. Close eyes.
    OH DEAR GOD
    I must acquire yet another bottle. It seems I have overlooked a few essential details!
    Must do it right. Must do it right. Must do it right.
    Back to the drawing board.
    Thank god for Basenotes

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat View Post

Put on :
    a. satin negligee
    b. sexy black dress
    c. nothing

Smile. Close eyes.
    Indeed it deserves just that!