Code of Conduct

Question Prada Ambre for Men

Hello everyone,
    I was debating on buying another bottle of Prada Ambre, I like it but my fiancee doesn't. On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the greatest) she gives Prada Ambre a 4. I give it an 8. What do you guys give it, and why?

Default Re: Prada Ambre for Men

I really like Prada Amber pour Homme.

Hated it at first. Thought it was kind of girly, but when I gave it a real full day's wearing, I was very, very impressed with it.

My brother dressed up like the Devil for Halloween... guess what fragrance he wore?!?

I, personally, love it and I'm even looking for more fragrances of this kind

I have it and like it. It's very clean, comfortable and pleasant. The only problem is its extremely soapiness which results in a Gender crisis! It smells very refined and doesn't have anything sensual and/or masculine.
    The score of a fragrance depends on how do you want to wear it and in which category you put it. As an Elegant-Clean-Unisex-Pleasant scent, it is 9/10.

I like it and wear it often, particularly in the cooler months. For me a 6/10.

I like it a lot.. A more refined Bvlgari BLV

For me is the new Prada Milano Infusion d'Iris
    (for women) better than Prada pour homme ambre.
    This is for me more men, than women!!!
    Try this one...and it got some notes like Prada Man!!!

9/10, smells fantasic, much complimented

I like it a lot but brings me headaches..
    Last edited by giannis; 30th October 2007 at 12:17 PM.

Perhaps I am the lone voice of dissent here. I HATE this scent with a passion and fire burning deep within! It smells like a generic ladies hand/body cream gone bad and turning brown next to a bottle of crushed aspirin at the bottom of an old purse
    I can't believe Prada put their name on something so cheap smelling.
    This one gets a "straight-up" ZERO from me.

When I wear it everybody like and they tell me that as smel very good. PRADA AMBRE is already a great classic!

Funny, I'm wearing this today.

I'd give it a 7 out of 10. Very clean and business like, very subdued and relaxed. Really nice for work. Kind of calming in it's effect. No remorse today; no FUNK! I'm glad I'm wearing it!

Powdery clean.

I asked myself the same question, that is, whether or not to buy it again. It's one of those that I don't think about often but when i wear it it really gets to me in a good way. I like fragrances with a human skin/salt accord and for some reason, after the "clean soap" everyone talks about goes away, I'm left with this salty, resinous, almost abergris note which I love that to me doesn't smell clean at all but rather, incensy. Funny though that on a friend of mine who owns it, it remains sweet and soapy. Must be me. 7/10... I'm wearing it in honor of this post today and already I'm remembering why i was so taken aback when I first smelled this. It's REALLY great!

BUT WE ALL KNOW HOW WE FEEL WHEN WE SMELL SOMEONE REPEATEDLY WHO WEARS SOMETHING WE DISLIKE (one of my friends repeatedly wears Chrome and sometimes I simply can't concentrate on the conversations we have)! IF YOUR WIFE DOESN'T LIKE IT TRUST HER AND DON'T BUY IT AGAIN! THERE'S WAY TOO MUCH OUT THERE... TAKE HER WITH YOU AND HAVE FUN FINDING ONE TOGETHER!
    Last edited by nthny; 30th October 2007 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by giannis View Post
    I like it a lot but brings me headaches..
    gives me a noggin ache on initial application, therefore i have never tried to give it a full days wearing...maybe i should, but that damn initial blast could burn your nose hairs out its so astingent.

When I first wore the sample of this, I really enjoyed it and would have given it an 8. But, I found out it makes me nauseous if I wear it too much so I would give it a 6.

I have a pretty much unused giftset from last year's Christmas gathering dust in my closet...that tells the story of my inability to even somewhat like this frag.

I'l take it of your hands if you like, free of charge.

Basenotes Institution

I wanted to like this. But I didn't. Too...something..?
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Cool Re: Prada Ambre for Men

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    My guess would be barbershop and linear. I gave it a thumbs up, but wasn't devastated when I used up the bottle.

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani View Post
    My guess would be barbershop and linear. I gave it a thumbs up, but wasn't devastated when I used up the bottle.

Cheers,

Mario
    I love barbershop notes in my fragrances (Rive Gauche is one of my favs, because it smells barbershop-y). I think it's something else...perhaps its the bergamot at the top (bergamot and I are not friends) that turns slightly powdery.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Barbershop AND sweet - perhaps these two don't work together for some of us.

Quixotiq, your review of Prada Ambre is a scream! I laughed my ass off. I think you have something there... I am not a big fan because I find it boring but I like your review all the same.

I bought this cheap and initially was not bowled over by it, but it has grown on me.

I wore it last week and still wasn't sure about it, but I got a nice compliment.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

I give it a 2, because I don't like it.

Don't know if it's just my skin, but this really sour synthetic note just pops out of it after about a half hour on me. It just doesn't smell like it's high quality to me.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I dislike the scent very much because I'm not a fan of overtly 'clean' or soapy scents, so this falls into the same category for me as Thierry Mugler Cologne and Creed OV. Personally a 4 out of 10. My roomate however loves the soapy type smell and said it reminds him of a distant cousin of Bvlgari Soir, so it gets a 7/10 from him.

Also,if your wife doesn't like it, you don't like it. Trust me on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by shalashaska View Post
    ....and said it reminds him of a distant cousin of Bvlgari Soir, so it gets a 7/10 from him.
    YES! I don't know why I never made that connection before!

I don't like PH Soir either though.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

The more I wear it, the more I smell a soft creamy orange accord. Must be the mandarin and bergamot. Well, that's how it smells sprayed on clothes anyways. On the skin, it transforms into an entirely different scent. It gets a tiny bit spicy and incensey. I consider it two scents really, the skin scent and the clothing scent. I love them both, for different reasons.

9.5/10 for me. I literally can't stop wearing this. It's so comforting and calming.

Get Prada Amber, decant it onto a different bottle, say it's a different scent.
    that's one way of doing things.

if that's not what you'd like to do, then get it anyways, if your fiancée gets mad because of one scent, and she'll become someone else and treat you differently for just that one scent, then i would seriously think about what the future might bring for us both, if i were in your shoes. Not because she didn't like the scent per se, but because of all the problems such a trivial thing might cause...

Do you know what i mean?
    cheers

Or you could just wear it on clothing while you're away from her, and change when you get home?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    The Amber in it comes off really strange to my nose. I was hoping for amber like in Opium EdP but it just comes off as a bar of soap.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

I went through one bottle last year and am slowly going off of it now with the second bottle. Yeah that barbershoppy smell presents itself to me and I am not feeling it.

Peace,

Otto
    Giving Life My All And Improving Every Day

So far for me, Prada is an office only scent. Just not enough character for my free time.

It's clean and professional, just like my suits and ties!

I like Prada alot, but I can only wear it once a month or so. Not sure why. If I had to wear it two days in a row, I might not care for it as much. Hmmm...kind of strange I know.

I agree that it fits nicely with spiffy business attire or sporty weekend duds. I would never wear with jeans and a t-shirt; that is when I reach for Rive Gauche Pour Homme.

Quote Originally Posted by Quixotiq View Post
    This one gets a "straight-up" ZERO from me.
    I agree. This one's just horrible. Like some old Designer Impostor version of White Diamonds in the clearance aisle at Walmart. I refuse to believe this was intended for men. bigtime.
    Current Wardrobe: Terre d'Hermes (duh), Guerlain Vetiver, Bvlgari Aqua, Bvlgari Pour Homme, Mugler Cologne, Rochas Man, Green Irish Tweed

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    The more I wear it, the more I smell a soft creamy orange accord. Must be the mandarin and bergamot. Well, that's how it smells sprayed on clothes anyways. On the skin, it transforms into an entirely different scent. It gets a tiny bit spicy and incensey. I consider it two scents really, the skin scent and the clothing scent. I love them both, for different reasons.

9.5/10 for me. I literally can't stop wearing this. It's so comforting and calming.
    First time wearing this in a while (well, not since the post I'm quoting, but first time in a month or two) and I must say my thoughts on this frag have changed quite a bit. I still like it quite a bit, but wish it had more of an evolution and a bit more depth to the myrrh, and a bit less sweetness. I'd rank it 8/10 nowadays.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more