Code of Conduct

Question SL limited edition bottles weaker than the bell jars!

Over on POL there is a thread about SL's Chene. In it, a couple of people have mentioned that they think the LE bottles are weaker than their Paris exclusive counterparts. I would like to here some Basenoters opinions on this.

Having just ordered a LE bottle of Chene, i am now a little nervous it could be lighter than the small sample i own.

Default Re: SL limited edition bottles weaker than the bell jars!

Not familiar with that particular rumor yet, but I've heard people thinking something similar before. I think I've read that it's confirmed by the shop owner in Paris that there is definitely no difference between the juice in the LE bottles and the juice in the bell jar. It wouldn't really make sense if they tried to fool you or tweak around with the formula, people would start complaining in the end. Just my 2 cents.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Banned

Lightbulb Re: SL limited edition bottles weaker than the bell jars!

Quote Originally Posted by BrothaG View Post
    Not familiar with that particular rumor yet, but I've heard people thinking something similar before. I think I've read that it's confirmed by the shop owner in Paris that there is definitely no difference between the juice in the LE bottles and the juice in the bell jar. It wouldn't really make sense if they tried to fool you or tweak around with the formula, people would start complaining in the end. Just my 2 cents.
    To make more money, dilute it and make more bottles for less. Lets not forget this world is run by $$$
    Last edited by teger; 30th October 2007 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NEoTY26 View Post
    To make more money, dilute it and make more bottles for less. Lets not forget this world is run by $$$
    Surely, Neo, but Lutens is quite a respected house that isn't really all that profit-oriented. Maybe they've taken a new direction though. It'd be interesting to hear more on this matter.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

We also have to remember that, especially with spray bottles, the fragrance sometimes need time to come to life. I remember being concerned about my bottle of Arabie, when I first bought it, only to be reassured by a few good Basenoters.

I can't remember the title but, if you type 'Arabie' and 'help' in the search feature, it should come up.
    Last edited by Trebor; 30th October 2007 at 06:54 PM.

Well, I have owned Chergui in the LE bottle in the past and have a bell bottle now. I know Chergui's every twist and turn and can vouch that there's absolutely no difference in smell or longevity between the two.
    Last edited by Lady_in_Black; 30th October 2007 at 06:57 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Thanks for the replys. I am feeling much better now.

I don't know if for "Limited Edition" bottles you're speaking about the temporary released in the export line ones like it happened for fumerie turque or chene or if you are speacking about the stunningly beautiful "Limited Edition" numbered bottles each year Lutens makes for xmas time, the ones decorated with typical Lutens gorgeous style that must be ordered months before, come filled with the juice you chose and that cost an eye of course.
    In any of these cases, I don't think Lutes is putting out diluited stuff just to make money. Not in his style.

There's no difference.

The juice is the same, but the bell jar focuses the cosmic energies better. Happy Halloween.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.