Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    Smile Mare vs. Aqua Motu.

    Just discovered today, (Mare), thank you Jesus for swapping .

    It's just amazed of how something so simple and minimalist in formula could smell so good, and fresh, and real.

    The first sniff of Mare transport me into a fancy alive dream.
    Me alone, in an idilic beach, large one, no one but me, walking on the seaside.
    There's a magnificent temperature and a subtle breeze transport the odor of the sea water, nice aquatic sea salt... The brezze brings, also, the aroma of fresh crisp, zesty white ginger flower, that grow on the sides of an imaginary endless promenade, and is dancing in slow motion with the wind...
    I like aquatic yes, I like marine, yes.
    But this perfume goes further. Can be easily compared with A D Gió itself.
    It project enormeously, vibrant and alive.
    The simple blend of ginger flower, sea salt and avocado makes such irresistible and camalleonic.
    At times reveals hints of fruits?, citrus? and even dewy green notes, I’m constantly impressed by how such a simple composition can reveal so many facets.

    Nothing to do with Aqua Motu... But very alike at the same time.
    I first smell this one last year, in fall, probably in October too.
    I really fell inlove of this one.
    I like synthetic. Aqua Motu reflects the idea of a fake deep ocean in a bottle. no beach, no sand, no folliage here. Pure ocean images.
    Again, sniffing it I found myself diving onto de wide open ocean, discovering the fauna.
    When I come back up the surface, I return to a boat, take off my neoprene suit, and I leave It dry iself on the sun, while I stare beyond, admiring and trying to find the end of the horizon.
    In the neoprene,where before was ocean water drops, now the salt stars to draw white forms, and the suit is getting hotter because of the power of the sun.
    Here comes the smell of deep ocean and the rubbery quality of a scuba dive mono.

    Two fantastic interpretations trying to capture the scent of the sea.
    Wich one is the best, who wins?.
    For me, both.
    Very close, very far away.
    Very alike, very opposite.
    But both brings you one thing on your mind. Sea, salt and water.
    Last edited by madridbatabidd; 31st October 2007 at 06:03 AM.
    Read my perfume reviews at: http://perfumenoparatodos.blogspot.com/

    Digital art portfolio: www.dreamlandpostcards.com

  2. #2
    Thrax
    Guest

    Default Re: Mare vs. Aqua Motu.

    Aqua Motu hands down. Better projection, better longevity. Love it, wish I still had my bottle.

  3. #3

    Wink Re: Mare vs. Aqua Motu.

    Thanks! Very nice description!. You know how I think about this fragances ..... Mare=Atlantic Ocean, Aqua Motu=Pacific Ocean ( yeah! how simply am )

  4. #4

    Red face Re: Mare vs. Aqua Motu.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    Thanks! Very nice description!. You know how I think about this fragances ..... Mare=Atlantic Ocean, Aqua Motu=Pacific Ocean ( yeah! how simply am )
    Ya sabes a veces la simplicidad es la mejor virtud...

    xxx
    Luis

    you know, sometimes simplicity is the best quality
    Read my perfume reviews at: http://perfumenoparatodos.blogspot.com/

    Digital art portfolio: www.dreamlandpostcards.com

  5. #5

    Default Re: Mare vs. Aqua Motu.

    I own it but it is very very synthetic !!!!

  6. #6

    Wink Re: Mare vs. Aqua Motu.

    Quote Originally Posted by ROBERTO View Post
    I own it but it is very very synthetic !!!!

    I may be agree that Aqua Moty could be synthetic , but, what the hake!.
    It's gorgeous synthetic.
    Adoro esse perfume pal!.
    Read my perfume reviews at: http://perfumenoparatodos.blogspot.com/

    Digital art portfolio: www.dreamlandpostcards.com

  7. #7

    Default Re: Mare vs. Aqua Motu.

    I grew up on the beach, in the boat almost every day as a kid, and my family still lives near the water in Florida, so I've been wanting to find a fragrance that captures this. I have Aqua by Bulgari, and it's fantastic. It's a men's fragrance, to be sure, but it really gives me salt water...

    Still, I'd heard so much about Aqua Motu and finally purchased a used bottle blind from eBay at a no-brainer price and I was shocked... it really doesn't give me a very big "by the beach" impression. I mean, it's THERE... I have to think about it too hard though. I kinda smell hairspray and pepto bismol. But after about an hour I get a sense of stale beach-side air which is actually kind of interesting. My sister smells the reference more than I do. I'm still on the look-out for something beach-y with the salt water note (not at all found in the new Bulgari Aqua Marine)... a sample of Profumum's Aqua di Sale is on the way... (p.s. i loved Madrid's description... i just didn't experience it in quite the same way)...
    Last edited by nthny; 22nd March 2008 at 02:50 PM.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Mare vs. Aqua Motu.

    I had Mare, the Bulgari Aqua & Erolfa - kept Erolfa and swapped away the rest. The only beach scent I need.
    Last edited by Mikey Q; 22nd March 2008 at 03:16 PM.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Mare vs. Aqua Motu.

    Quote Originally Posted by nthny View Post
    I grew up on the beach, in the boat almost every day as a kid, and my family still lives near the water in Florida, so I've been wanting to find a fragrance that captures this. I have Aqua by Bulgari, and it's fantastic. It's a men's fragrance, to be sure, but it really gives me salt water...

    Still, I'd heard so much about Aqua Motu and finally purchased a used bottle blind from eBay at a no-brainer price and I was shocked... it really doesn't give me a very big "by the beach" impression. I mean, it's THERE... I have to think about it too hard though. I kinda smell hairspray and pepto bismol. But after about an hour I get a sense of stale beach-side air which is actually kind of interesting. My sister smells the reference more than I do. I'm still on the look-out for something beach-y with the salt water note (not at all found in the new Bulgari Aqua Marine)... a sample of Profumum's Aqua di Sale is on the way... (p.s. i loved Madrid's description... i just didn't experience it in quite the same way)...
    I'd suggest Erolfa, and At the Beach 1966 by CB

  10. #10

    Default Re: Mare vs. Aqua Motu.

    Quote Originally Posted by nthny
    ...it really doesn't give me a very big "by the beach" impression. I mean, it's THERE... I have to think about it too hard though. I kinda smell hairspray and pepto bismol. But after about an hour I get a sense of stale beach-side air which is actually kind of interesting...
    Exactly, the real enjoyment with Aqua Motu starts one hour after the application. The opening is pretty gummy, but after that it is just brilliant, although it stays quite synthetic all the time. My favourite aquatic scent, for sure.
    As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others. Peter Handke

  11. #11

    Default Re: Mare vs. Aqua Motu.

    I would also like to add to this discussion Sandflowers by Montale. It is a beautiful aquatic. This isn't really a floral scent although I am sure it has some florals hidden in it. This is a wonderful aquatic that reminds me of fishing with my grandfather.

    I am glad this thread is going because I am contemplating buying an aquatic for the summer but am not really sure which one. I have tried all of the ones in this thread so far and am still undecided (except Erolfa). Oh well...

  12. #12

    Default Re: Mare vs. Aqua Motu.

    Quote Originally Posted by paintrman View Post
    I would also like to add to this discussion Sandflowers by Montale. It is a beautiful aquatic. This isn't really a floral scent although I am sure it has some florals hidden in it. This is a wonderful aquatic that reminds me of fishing with my grandfather.

    I am glad this thread is going because I am contemplating buying an aquatic for the summer but am not really sure which one. I have tried all of the ones in this thread so far and am still undecided (except Erolfa). Oh well...
    I reopened the thread, ABOUT to start one fresh, but, as we've all been told, "check the archives"... whatevs

    I'll have to try that one out!... I feel like I'm throwing all my eggs in the profumum basket, and i hope i don't like it because its pricey!
    Last edited by nthny; 22nd March 2008 at 06:10 PM.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Mare vs. Aqua Motu.

    Mare has a drydown very similar to that of Millesime Imperial.
    I'm a fresh scent junkie and proud of it!

Similar Threads

  1. Who get compliments with Sud Pacifique AQUA MOTU?
    By P-Natra in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30th April 2007, 09:30 PM
  2. Aqua Motu, Kenzo Homme and Odeur 53
    By stevolution in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18th December 2006, 05:08 PM
  3. Guerlain's Aqua Allegoria and others
    By eau_de_amour in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 5th September 2006, 10:12 AM
  4. Help me decide - Aqua Motu or Bermuda Tonic
    By perfectscent in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 20th July 2006, 12:24 PM
  5. CSP Aqua Motu     :-X
    By MonkeyManMatt in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 8th October 2005, 06:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •