Code of Conduct

Default Acqua Di Genova (two recipes?)

According to this there are two recipes for acqua di genova. Now i do own the one being sold at les senteurs....and it's a fantastic scent, but how does it compare to these? Anyone tried them?

Appreciate feedback

ED

Default Re: Acqua Di Genova (two recipes?)

I'm afraid I can't answer your question, I'm only familiar with the "traditional" one that is sold at Les Senteurs too.

But you might want to check out this website

http://www.acquadigenova.it/

because the 1853 Anniversario edition isn't their only novelty. They've added a line called "La Superba", consisting of six different EdTs in 100ml. From the site:

Bougainvillea: a floral bouquet with citrus notes, flowery, ambergris notes
    Black Bramble: an aromatic and flowery melange, woody and mossy, fresh green
    Tuberose: a blend of flowers and spices
    Mulberry: a suggestive flowery melange, green and fruity
    Lily Of the Valley: a delicate flowery fragrance, with fruity notes
    Extreme Violet: a seductive/an enchanting bouquet, flowery, with ambergris notes
    The Anniversario edition is also listed on that site, but it looks like they forgot to add the info on that one.
    [font=verdana][url=http://del.icio.us/scentedpages][b]my bookmarks on del.icio.us[/b][/url][/font]
    [font=verdana][url=http://www.nstperfume.com/perfume-books/][b]my book reviews on NST[/b][/url][/font]
    [font=verdana][url=www.scentedpages.com][b]ScentedPages.com[/b][/url][/font]

As I understand it, there is the original Eau De Cologne formula and also a new men's and a women's 1853 commemoration version released to cash in on the recent marketing sucess of......I mean released to commerate the great history of this house.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

This doesn't even address the question but ...

I recently rewaxed my bedroom dressing table and the favourite scents that normally sit on top of it when onto the bed in the guest bedroom. My Acqua di Genova leaked almost half the bottle. My only confession is that I did desert the marital bed for some nights to lie in bliss in my expensively eau de cologne'd spare bed.
    "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for", Allan Chalmers.

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    As I understand it, there is the original Eau De Cologne formula and also a new men's and a women's 1853 commemoration version released to cash in on the recent marketing sucess of......I mean released to commerate the great history of this house.
    Yes, but according to the site above ( the link does work by the way, you have to click it twice), this 'commemorative' version is based on two original recipes.....it's that thats piqued my interest.

Well this fragrance is so damn wonderful i'm thinking of buying the whole bath line