Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: What is your personal income (including investment or retirement fund income)

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • Over $10,000,000

2 1.46%
  • Between $5,000,000 and $10,000,000

0 0%
  • Between $1,000,000 and $5,000,000

1 0.73%
  • Between $500,000 and $1,000,000

1 0.73%
  • Between $150,000 and $500,000

10 7.30%
  • Between $75,000 and $150,000

34 24.82%
  • Between $40,000 and $75,000 per year

33 24.09%
  • Between $20,000 and $40,000 per year

27 19.71%
  • Under $20,000 USD per year

29 21.17%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Anonymous poll: Demographics of Fragrance Freaks: What's Your Income

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    2 people make over 10mil a year? I hate you both
    I don't.
    Rather I wish they'd pass along their stock tips on the Off Topic forum.
    Renato

Default Re: Anonymous poll: Demographics of Fragrance Freaks: What's Your Income

this is an interesting topic. my friends and I (all of us divorced , former stay at home mothers who had to enter the work force cold, two of us in our forties, two of us in our fifties) were discussing what constitutes a "healthy" relationship to money.

I recently took care of two families on both ends of the wealth spectrum at work. frankly, both were rude, obnoxious, demanding and wanted to be waited on hand and foot, the first, because they had money, made it clear that they believed money could buy them everything quicker faster and better than even the sickest person, they were entitled to privilege, the other because they had very little and felt entitled to help in the most unrealistic forms.

This may sound judgmental, my point is to observe these contrasts in situations, yet similarity in attitudes and it made me wonder.

Me, I don't make $10 million a year, (yet) but somehow I always seem to get what I need, plus a few good bottles of perfume
    I'm grateful for that.
    And I think it's nice that we can all dialogue in a rather economically "democratic" manner without letting money differences hinder our exchanges.
    Last edited by rtamara41; 3rd November 2007 at 05:32 PM. Reason: one never knows....
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    2 people make over 10mil a year? I hate you both
    For those who are curious, I was one of those who selected $10m a year...

But, then again, I was only joking...

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post

So, you only make about 8 or $9m a year?
    No need to be embarrassed, it is still a respectable figure.
    Renato
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post

This may sound judgmental, my point is to observe these contrasts in situations, yet similarity in attitudes and it made me wonder.

Your interesting observation doesn't surprise me in the least. Both ends of the spectrum seem to have more than their fair share of those with the attitude that others don't matter, that only they themselves matter. They're the type that like being rude to waiters.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 4th November 2007 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post

I suspected there night be jokers at the top!
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sa Majesté La Rose

Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron

I was wondering too!

Do guys making ten mil a year have time for basenotes?!

I guess it would depend on your source of income.

Just in case anyone was curious, I was the guy that clicked...well, you should be able to figure that out, considering I'm a student.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

my boyfriend suggested that those making 10ml a year perhaps have a team of writers who can do their posts on basenotes for them.

but maybe that is mean. one should not mock the rich, nor the poor. oh dear, I feel a bit silly. I think it's because I have not chosen my sotd yet. WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!!

now the 10ml I wrote above looks like 10mls of perfume!!! oh dear!

feeling dizzy.....signing off to spritz........
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache