Code of Conduct

Default Where do Europeans buy samples online? US postage on fragrances are unheard of.

Scentedmonkey.com - $23 + $12 pr. extra item (It's so hysterical it's not even funny. I'm talking about samples here. Tiny bottles that shouldn't be a problem at all.)
    Beautifulperfumes.com - $17.95 + $2.50 per item (Much better, but I still end up paying twice as much in postage as I do in samples).
    And it goes on and on. Several sites doesn't even deliver internationally.

The only place I've ordered from is theperfumedcourt.com, where that postage was $10, which is not bad at all. But they only have a few of the fragrances I'm after.
    To name some of them:
    Very Irresistible by Givenchy
    Rive Gauche by Yves Saint Laurent
    Hanae Mori by Hanae Mori
    Rochas Man by Rochas
    Envy by Gucci
    Dolce & Gabbana by Dolce & Gabbana
    Bvlgari Aqva by Bvlgari
    Vetiver Guerlain by Guerlain
    Michael Kors by Michael Kors
    Dreamer by Versace
    And I know it's not only Americans that enjoy perfumes. So where do all the Europeans get their samples from? Trading between other members? One here, and one there? That's gotta be pretty expensive postage as well.
    I know there exists a European site somewhere selling samples, I just haven't found it yet. There has to be one.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Where do Europeans buy samples online? US postage on fragrances are unheard of.

www.ausliebezumduft.de

However, you will only find niche there. The problem with your wish list is that these are easily available perfumes - if you live in the city. But that is enough to make it unattractive to offer samples of these online .

However, you can also check with basenoters, several of whom offer decants or samples beyond this site, where this is not permitted.

Good hunting!
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Default Re: Where do Europeans buy samples online? US postage on fragrances are unheard of.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    www.ausliebezumduft.de

However, you will only find niche there. The problem with your wish list is that these are easily available perfumes - if you live in the city. But that is enough to make it unattractive to offer samples of these online .
    I do live in a city, there are over 200 000 people here. But it's not that easy getting samples for all these perfumes. I do get some samples every time I buy something, but there are like 20-30 different special samples I need, not just random samples of new fragrances. But thanks anyway

Maybe it's just my town that's weird.
    What is the difference between niche and designer fragrences btw?
    Last edited by BigBadWolf; 30th November 2007 at 08:11 PM.

BigBadWolf, I get my samples

to my heart's delight. You'll find a mix of designer and niche scents, although more of the latter.
    I don't know of any European etailer selling designer samples.
    I ask for such samples directly in the perfume stores or malls over here even if I do not buy anything, and I normally get them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

er... why not try luckyscent? it's typically around $3 a sample, $5 us post for sample-only orders.
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors

Quote Originally Posted by chad278 View Post
    er... why not try luckyscent? it's typically around $3 a sample, $5 us post for sample-only orders.
    I don't recognize any of those scents. I guess this stuff is what you call niche fragrances?

But I'll manage, I have a friend who's living in the states. And he is coming back home for Christmas, so I'll just have the samples sent to him

Post Thanks / Like

I order samples of niche scents in the UK via a shop in London http://www.lessenteurs.com that offers up to 6 samples for £2.50 each, including P&P I've found their service excellent and I've just checked their website and they post outside the UK. You might find them useful if you get into some of the niche scents that get discussed here so much (there's only so long you can hold out without trying at least one of the frags everyone talks about - and then it's a slippery slope...) And there's a decants site http://www.pinkmagenta.com that has a nice range.

But I know what you mean about wanting to sample mainstream frags. I haven't got an answer for that. Unless it's to go to a perfume counter in a department store or a Marionaud and say "I'm trying to make my mind up between these, I'm going to buy a couple of bottles and I'd like some samples to take away and think about. Can I have some please?"

If it works, let me know!
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

You can get a USA mailbox [myus.com] and send everything to there, they deliver to your country at relatively cheaper costs.
    Currently hooked on: Gucci Envy, Armani Code and L'eau ST Dupont

I have a Guerlain Vetiver mini 5ml for you, in original bottle and packaging. I'm off for a 3 day trip tomorrow, but I'll be happy to send it to Norway for 4 EUR + whatever the nominal shipping costs are. I can send it in a small package that will fit your mailbox.

But anyway, I try to look on local tradingsites and occasionally on German and UK sites for minis. For big bottles I try to combine shipping from the US (yay low dollar)
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!