Code of Conduct

Default Thanksgiving comes first!

Seeing all of these Christmas posts, I thought to myself, "Hey, what about Thanksgiving?!?!" I know there are no presents, but it is still a pretty awesome day. And...it features one of the best (if not THE best) dinners in the world!

Being that it is only a few weeks away, what do you think you will wear for the next big family get-together?
    You are not your perfume.

Default Re: Thanksgiving comes first!

i wonder if demeter has a turkey and gravy frag i can wear...he he, i bet they have pumpkin pie at least! I freakin love thanksgiving

Good question. I've worn Bois du Portugal for a previous Thanksgiving, Opium PH edp for another, and Heritage for another still. Antaeus has had its celebration on Thanksgiving too, and I think several other then-favorites.

This year I've got a cousin and a close friend coming from different parts of the continent and I'm also going to be picking their scents for the days of the Thanksgiving week, so I'm going to have scent picking triple fun. My female cousin I think I'm going to spray with Yatagan, Fendi Uomo, Aramis, and Bandit. Different days of course, and my good friend who's a guy, I don't know yet, but I know he'll feel better when the three of us are at bars and he knows he's wearing a more exotic and tasteful scent than anyone else in the bar, so I'll hit him with fancy niche juice.

I don't know what I'll wear yet. Probably vetivers.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I wish there was something spicey and sweet enought to really embody that crisp, autumn day. It depends what I bring home with me but I'll probably do Tea for Two because of the season and the atmosphere of the day. It is honey with smokey tea leaves. What could go better!

Quote Originally Posted by EnvYuS View Post
    I wish there was something spicey and sweet enought to really embody that crisp, autumn day.
    I'm thinking Bois 1920 Sushi Imperiale with its blend of citrus, pepper, nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla. Smells of pumpkin pie, stuffing, spice cakes, sweet potato casserole and cider come to mind when I wear it.

Also leaning towards Chergui, which wears very well on crisp autumn days.

Blog Entries

I'm thinking M7 will be my scent of choice for Turkey Day .
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Basenotes Institution

If I happen to score some more - Fougere Bengale by Parfum d'Empire will be my SOThanksgivingD
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Kouros. Lots and lots of Kouros. I'm simply going to break the top of the bottle off on my head, then bathe in it. Then I'm going to go buy another bottle, rinse and repeat.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Talking Re: Thanksgiving comes first!

Turkey, and football. I'm thinking, something laid back like Eau Lente, or even an aromatic like Bowling Green. Life is good!