Code of Conduct

Default Funny story today..( Fragrnce related)

So. I decided I wanted to go out and eat with some friends on the day before halloween. I suggest we go to a Mall resturant we all agree. So we all decide to meet there. We get there and I am sitting in the booth a lone because I arrive early. My friend Justin walks in and he sits down across from me and as he passes he REEKS of Curve. I say reek because it seemed as if he dumped the bottle over his head and took a blow dryer and went to work for the drydown. I ask him if he was wearing cologne he of course replies," Yeah dude, Curve. I only used a little." Then D and Ron come in and guess what they are wearing? Curve... Ashley and a few of her friends come and a few bring theire bf's. Guess what they are wearing... Curve.... I found this hilarious.

It was the oddest situation I have ever seen. All the girls were like " WOW you all smell the same.. except Jay. He smells really nice.". I laughed terribly hard. It just appauls me that 6/7 Males in a room wore the same fragrance. I haven't seen anything like that since I went to the Hard Rock Hotel club and realized Joop! was the club scent of choice in Vegas. A long with Desire Red.

- J.Riv
    I'm so fo sho' it's no facade/ Stay out of trouble momma said as momma sighed/ For her fear her youngest son be a victim of homicide/ But I gotta get you out of here momma.. Or I'm gonna die..Inside...So either eay you lose me momma/ So let loose of me!

Default Re: Funny story today..( Fragrnce related)

haha, I think the situation is more common then you think!

I sometimes wonder why people want to be like everybody else. I mean, yeah maybe you want to dress in a similar style as your peers, but would you and all your friends really want to go out ALL wearing the same EXACT shirt?

But then again, what do I know. It seems to work on the ladies. I guess if they are looking to meet new people, they don't want something too unique and would like to engage in the familiar. I'm not just talking about your situation, but just some things I have noticed in my experience. The 'college crowd' tends to all smell the same.

Curve sure is common, but it does smell good.

Gave an old bottle to my 14 yr. old son, he's gotten lots of compliments at school .
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I'm so... so so so... sorry. The only thing worse would be if everyone were wearing Chrome.

Haha, that's a funny situation. I've forgotten what Curve smells like. When I was 16 I had Curve Crush... that one got old for me quick, but my girlfriend at the time loved it. She used to call me and say "I smelled my shirt and it SMELLS LIKE YOU! Yum!", and I remember thinking, "Yeah, now THAT's why I spent $50 on that stuff".

Who'd have known I'd eventually get into fragrances for my own sake, and spend a lot more than 50 dollars.

Basenotes Institution

Funny story - looks like you have a lot of scent shopping to do for Xmas, for your dinner buddies.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

i get that all the time, except with everyone wearing ck one... gah. luckily, we don't get no curve down here in australia.

I got myself a Curve just because it seems a really popular and well liked mainstream scent in the US but virtually impossible to get in the UK and thought it'd be nice to have something tried and tested but unique amazing as that sounds!! The one scent I would like to get but can't bring myself to do it for fear of this story somewhat is AdG but I half think it might be safe. Cologne seems really unpopular over here in my limited experience.

There was a time when Lucky You was popular at my high school (everyone wears aqua di gio now.), and when I wore it, there was always one friend who couldn't wait to run up and give me a big hug, taking a deep breath as she did. Every time she only said "Hi!" Now THAT is what cologne is for.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Quote Originally Posted by nthny View Post
    I'm so... so so so... sorry. The only thing worse would be if everyone were wearing Chrome.
    Sorry the only thing worse would be if everyone were wearing. A*Men.......AHahahahahahahaahahhh...What a thought...

Fragrance On,

Otto

Sounds like something that belongs in a Seinfeld episode.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!