Code of Conduct

Default Are Creed longetivity issues fair

I can see why people think MI and some other Creeds don't last; maybe its just my skin and I won't deny that it isn't the longest but I wonder if its often a case of olfactory fatigue. On plenty of occasions even after a few hours it really can feel like its gone as the drydown just blends with the opening only weaker. I had the same issue with Issey but its longetivity isn't as questioned. I mention it because its been 6 hours since I put MI onto my dry skin (didn't even use jajoba this morning) and I can tell its there even though I thought it'd gone after a couple. If I simply breathe on it which I often do to get a strong scent again, the top notes come back out and prove it. And considering I've had compliments when I thought something was well and truly gone I'm not so worried

Default Re: Are Creed longetivity issues fair

Longevity is very subjective, Creed or not. What the wearer smells and what the people around him/her smell can be two very different stories. Your perception may hint to the fact that there are more people having these issues with Creeds than with Issey. Actually, I think longevity issues are even fairer for Creed, looking at their prices. Everybody wants value for money, and it seems that there are some that are not quite satisfied with their MI.
    Last edited by fakepurseninja; 2nd November 2007 at 12:14 PM.

Most likely those people who think their Creed don't last: bought them dirt cheap from ebay - its fake with diluted juice.

No e-bay crap for me, I bought them in shop.
    I never, ever experienced longevity problems with the Creeds I have now.
    I do admit that the longevity from MI was the shortest, but I still got about 3,4 hrs from it.
    OV, GIT and Himalaya last long on me too.
    Last edited by eric; 2nd November 2007 at 12:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

The only Creed I've ever tried -and now have- is GIT, but its longevity is quite acceptable.

I thought SMW didn't last on me until I took a shower the next day and smelled the goodness all over again. It's there, but maybe I got used to its presence, or I don't sweat enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Creed MI & Erolfa probably are the weakest. After about 4 hours or so you have to really sniff them from real close if you want to smell them. Thats how they usually behave.
    However the other day i wore MI in the evening (around 6pm) when i was in bed and when i woke up the next morning around (8am next day) i could so distinctly smell MI. It was unbelievable. I don't know what was it that made MI stick around for so long but it was fantastic and mind you i had just sprayed on once on the back of my palm.

Creed VIW has amazing longevity. The coconut, sugarcane juice, rum combination projects for a long time. I can smell it clearly even after 12 hours of application (4-5 sprays on my chest and wrists). It is faintly there the next morning too.

Himalaya has average longevity for me. GIT is also fickle. Sometimes it lasts really well and sometimes it just disappears. I know its got to do with my nose but it seems that the juice also behaves differently in changed conditions (eg. temperature, moisture, skin condition)

gupts

Post Thanks / Like

My skin keeps Creed scents very well...I got seven of them...GIT, SMW (thats true, till the next day, when I shower), M.I., OV, OS, Erolfa...all great longtivtiy...and believe, be careful how much spray...maybe you just think it´s gone.

For me, it's the top and middle notes in the MillÚsime range that are too fleeting. GIT and Tabarome for example, power house top and middle notes for about 20 minutes and then the same ambergris base until it fades. It seems like they were made on the assembly line.
    On the other hand, the vintage formula of Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie is jasmine and sandalwood heaven from beginning to the end - which could be longer than 24 hours.

Post Thanks / Like

The longevity of REL is decent, considering it's an EDT strength. VIW has excellent longevity.
    I generally spray the inside of my arms (forearms/elbows) and chest area, and even when a scent fades from my arms I can stick my nose down my top and smell it.

Creed is very subjective on people's skin as far as I know and have heard. They usually last a while on me, but I think people who have dry skin tend to absorb the fragrance more, and it disappears.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Indiscreet View Post
    The longevity of REL is decent, considering it's an EDT strength. VIW has excellent longevity.
    I generally spray the inside of my arms (forearms/elbows) and chest area, and even when a scent fades from my arms I can stick my nose down my top and smell it.
    Indiscreet,
    Do let me know if you'd like some help doing that.
    [ducks down to avoid being slapped]

You are all making me want VIW... I've had no success with Creeds yet, but this sounds right up my street!

Dave

I've found through experience that the Creeds last longer than they seem upon first wearing. I was so mad that MI seemed so weak, but after 2 weeks I began to adjust to it, and could see that it was there for quite a while. Epicea seemed a little short lived though. And right now I'm dealing with Vetiver '48 which seems the shortest lived of them all. I hope this turns out to not be the case because it's a wonderful smell.

Stuff like Silver Mountain Water lasts over 15 hours on me and also on my brother as well.

Creed's fragrances very greatly in longevity - but this is not a problem for me. I don't expect Cypres-Musc to last as long as my Vintage Tabarome. All the the post 1990 Creeds seem to last quite well on the skin - usually eight to twelve hours. Even if I have to make a second application of Erolfa, this is much preferable to one application of an inferior scent. How long a scent lasts can be highly deceptive as well: the wearer will often smell no fragrance while the people he meets will find the scent to still be quite pervasive.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

I find with Creeds that after a while I can't smell them, but other people can. Virgin Island Water gets me the most compliments! SMW stays for a long time, and goes very metallic on me. MI smells amazing in the top notes, and settles to a warm sweet smell that wears very close to the skin. It does last.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Re: Are Creed longetivity issues fair

Most Creed's, except Bois du Portugal, I usually cannot smell after an hour or two on me. But, when my friend wears them I can smell them on him after he had applied them hours earlier. I will still continue to purchase Creed even though I can't smell it after a while.
    Top 6: Amerigo Vespucci, by Kilian A Taste of Heaven, Serge Lutens Borneo 1834, Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta, Creed Bois du Portugal, Barney's New York Route du The

Post Thanks / Like

People have different skins, and longevity can be measured quite objectively. I spray a scent on my wrist and see if it is still there with some strength 3 hours later.

This is a good test for most scents and only fails in a few cases, like Gucci Rush and Jill Sander Pure, where they reactivate hours later with a bit of perspiration.

On me, MI, OV, Acer Aluminium are very weak. Himalaya, Royal Leather and Erolfa are a bit stronger. While GIT, Original Santal, Silver Mountain Water and Tabarome Milleseme are decent performers.

The longevity issues are thus fair, and dependent on skin type. Some scents don't have this problem. For example, I have yet to see anybody claim that Joop Homme didn't last on their skin.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

No problem with that...I have 7 bottles of Creed Millésime fragrances (Silver Mountain Water, Green Irish Tweed, Millésime Imperial, Original Santal, Original Vetiver, Erolfa, Virgin Island Water this one holds on till next day, believe). All of my Creeds last the whole day. I find it very strong. Maximum 3 sprays. I don´t know why everybody says Creed Millésime got no longtivity. Maybe the skin...but not my skin...I´m happy with that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cognoscento View Post
    Indiscreet,
    Do let me know if you'd like some help doing that.
    [ducks down to avoid being slapped]

You are all making me want VIW... I've had no success with Creeds yet, but this sounds right up my street!

Dave
    Naughty boy, Dave!
    Give VIW a go, though. If you can get a sample, it's worth trying to see how well it wears. The coconut can be quite a blast.