Code of Conduct

Thread: DSH Perfumes

Post Thanks / Like

Default DSH Perfumes

I really love this line and wonder what your favorites are. Tovah asked me about Beach Roses and I thought it was really nice, but I don't like musk notes in this humid climate and that one stood out on me. I bought a FB of April Be Spring because I loved the rest of the fragrance, but once again, couldn't get past the musk note so never did use any of the bottle after finishing my sample. That has to be one of the nicest fruit scents I've ever tried, though.

My favorites, so far, are from her bridal collection. Perfect Bride with pink & white roses is so pretty and if I layer it with La Plage, I have my own version of beach roses. lol Wedding Bouquet with stephanotis reminds me of being a girl in my new Easter dress and straw hat, and I have been really been enjoying my sample of Something Blue, lately. Her Italian Journey fragrances are nice, too, and I also like Nouveau Gardenia, because it's not too heady. I think I'm over gardenia, though, I go through phases.

(I noticed La Plage wasn't on there when I ran a search! All I have is a sample.)
    Last edited by beachroses; 2nd November 2007 at 03:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DSH Perfumes

For some reason, her Les Petites is really beautiful to me. I like the Fleurs de Chocolat and Bois du Chocolat, too. I've tried so many over the years I can't keep them all straight, LOL! I did go through a bottle of Beach Roses, maybe a year ago. It was a great Autumn scent for me, but this Autumn I'm preferring sweeter scents. I would definitely love your version of Beach Roses!

Post Thanks / Like

She is so talented!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Someone else liking Something Blue! I wear that one often in summer. I have Wedding Gown, too, but the ambergris I'm so sure she uses in her gardenia accord puts me off a bit.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Post Thanks / Like

who tried amercian beauty? :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I tried american beauty, actually, I tried a prototype (a version that is slightly different form a final version, but very close as everyone in the shop told me). I have some of it.

I tried and liked Rose #2, Rose La Fleurette, which can be had for cheap now because she is discontinuing it.
    Love Mahjoun (certainly NOT what you would like to wear in hot though -- it's quite sweet, but I wouldn't call it musky or overpowering, it's quite fruity and nutty on me). Love Cardamom and Khyphi -- shy away if you dislike cardamom, but for me it was an intro into incense. Have and love White Magnolia.

Tried many. She's one of my favorite perfumers.

Post Thanks / Like

I was active here a couple years ago, but I found some real favorites and got kind of burnt out on trying new fragrances as a hobby. All those times we had "List your top 10" threads I don't think I ever put Something Blue that high--even though I knew I liked it. I go look at my bathroom counter today, after well over a year of perfume indifference and what's still there? My usuals--kai oil, Jalaine's patchouli, Lolita Lempicka, Rose Essentielle, Shiseido's Rosarium, Highland Lilac, Bois Farine, and... Something Blue.
    Please, spritz responsibly.