Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Tom Ford Extreme

Does anyone know when this will be released and if it will be exclusive to Saks??

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Tom Ford Extreme

Mid November is the word on the mouths of every single SA I've asked at Saks and Neimans. Tomford.com confirms this: http://tomford.com/en/default.aspx?f...4-de1402287785

I do NOT think it will be exclusive to Saks when its released. But I cannot confirm this.

I'm assuming you've read this thread already: http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?p=1080979
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

And this is released as Limited Edition....cheesh man...I guess if it is smoking as much as anticipated I had better buy a case....... .....hmmm.

This will be me Christmas present to meself..........

Fragrance On,

Otto

Question Re: Tom Ford Extreme

Is this out yet?

I've been thinking about this myself.....I have the 1st edition and like this alot. I have also been thinking about the Private Blend scents...Some of them sound very interesting.
    I am a Huge fan of M7 and Rive Gauche Pour Homme. I seem to like anything that TF creates...... I really want to give these Private Blends a test drive....
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    I am a Huge fan of M7
    After reading the reviews on M7 from this site, I am a huge fan of it now too. I've checked several perfume stores in "malls" here in Southern CA and only one sold it. I'm amazed how many places gave me a big shake of the head "NO" when I asked for it. I decided to go to eBay instead. I hope it's real.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by graffham View Post
    Is this out yet?
    I suspect it should be hitting stores ANY DAY now...I spotted a bottle on Ebay last night and I would have snagged it, but the seller's selling it for about $30 more than retail. I'm excited about trying this as soon as it's released, but not that excited.

-- Jack Kerouac

Today I just spoke with the Tom Ford rep at Nordstrom and she informed it will only be exculsive to Neiman's; Saks; and Bloomingdale's.

I am holding out on purchasing this as my xmas gift to myself this year...

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    Today I just spoke with the Tom Ford rep at Nordstrom and she informed it will only be exculsive to Neiman's; Saks; and Bloomingdale's.

I am holding out on purchasing this as my xmas gift to myself this year...
    I would imagine this also includes Bergdorf Goodman, since Bergdorf is a 'part' of Neimans and Bergdorf already carries the Private Blends...I'd be surprised if they didn't have it.

Yes, my birthday's at the end of the month - the timing of this release is oh-so-perfect.

-- Jack Kerouac

FYI - TF Extreme is now in stock at Bergdorfs and Neimans..This stuff rocks..compeltely different than the watered down TF for Men...stock up before its gone

Basenotes Institution

OH SH*T!!

((stepping away from the keyboard and running to get my car keys))

-- Jack Kerouac

LOL!!!! Mike wait, you forgot your pants and wallet.....wait...come back...oh well...
    --------------------------------------
    Just bought my bottle from Neiman Marcus in Dallas. Happy Thanksgiving to me.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 18th November 2007 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I only hope that they will decide to keep it in production, and like some other originaly introduced as limited edition scents this will be available for a long time.

Eager to hear reports from those of you who were lucky to try it already.

A Saks SA in Chicago told me that the reason why it's a limited edition is that it will be changed to a different fragrance when it sells out. Sounds to me like they will be going through the Private Label scents, one by one.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    A Saks SA in Chicago told me that the reason why it's a limited edition is that it will be changed to a different fragrance when it sells out. Sounds to me like they will be going through the Private Label scents, one by one.
    That should be really confusing - for both SA's and consumers...I can just see the threads on Basenotes in the future, 'So, which TFFME is the best, the first version, the second or the third? Are the bottles different? Etc...'

I didn't get to Neimans in time last night to score a bottle.

But, it is my birthday next week - so, perhaps a trip to Neimans this weekend with my boyfriend might be a better idea.

-- Jack Kerouac

I just got a call from the Tom Ford rep in Dallas informing me that Extreme had come in. I spoke with her briefly 3 weeks ago at the Neiman Marcus counter in Dallas. I didn't think I would ever here from her after requesting a call when they received it, but she called promptly and was very nice. I am extremely impressed with her and her knowledge of the products. If Tom Ford has other reps like this one, he is well represented.

I told her that I had called yesterday and already ordered a bottle before she called, and she was so excited that people are that enthusiastic about the new Extreme. Also, she said the male SAs were pushing each other out of the way to buy a bottle. I hope this one lives up to the hype. I loved it based on a sample in Chicago a month or so ago. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 19th November 2007 at 03:33 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    I just got a call from the Tom Ford rep in Dallas informing me that Extreme had come in. I spoke with her briefly 3 weeks ago at the Neiman Marcus counter in Dallas. I didn't think I would ever here from her after requesting a call when they received it, but she called promptly and was very nice. I am extremely impressed with her and her knowledge of the products. If Tom Ford has other reps like this one, he is well represented.

I told her that I had called yesterday and already ordered a bottle before she called, and she was so excited that people are that enthusiastic about the new Extreme. Also, she said the male SAs were pushing each other out of the way to buy a bottle. I hope this one lives up to the hype. I loved it based on a sample in Chicago a month or so ago. Fingers crossed.
    In general I have gotten great service and repor with Neiman SA's also. TFFM if you remember was a Saks exclusive when it came out, and I 'put up with' going into Saks to test it and the Extreme - but it was the SA's at Neimans that gave me much more info behind the release date, inundated me with samples of it and Black Orchid and were much more friendly also.

When I'm buying full retail price for a brand new release at $100+ these days, these 'little things' make all the difference in the world to me.

-- Jack Kerouac

On Extreme from the December W mag, : "Sweet black fig, cardamom, coriander, rum and black truffle notes make for a heady, masculine blend."

YUM

Has anyone actually worn this yet? Please give us a review.

On a similar note, I received the new Trader monthly magazine which includes a special cigar report. As I was getting ready to pitch it in the bin, I saw an article on Tabacco Vanille. Turns out, it was given a rave review. At the end, they say "it smells like December afternoons in pappy's workshop circa 1978." Wish more publications would take follow the Cigar Report's lead and write some quality reviews.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    Has anyone actually worn this yet? Please give us a review.
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=199158

-- Jack Kerouac

I have been test driving my Tom Ford Extreme (TFE) for a couple of days and I think Mikeperez23 did a great job reviewing this one initially (http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=199158).

To my nose it is hard to see how TFE and TFFM are related at all. I find TFE a semi-sweet oriental whereas TFFM is more of a fresh-woody scent. In comparison they smell completely different. There is not doubt that TFE is a high quality niche-like fragrance – the notes very palpable, rich and deep – there is an overall luxurious feel to TFE. Mike described the “shoe store” note and I can see where he is coming from. I must say it is one smooth shoe store with just the right amount of sweetness to it. It almost smells like slightly burnt caramel. This seems to be the main key note in the fragrance and there really are no very sharp turns or changes once this one mellows down over time. TFE is probably not so much more “groundbreaking” than TFFM – it resonate other fragrances out there - but the notes are executed so nicely and luxuriously that I find this forgivable. Sillage is average- this is not a sillage monster by any means - although I can detect TFE on my skin for more than twelve hours.

A couple of notes:
    The name of the fragrance is simply “Tom Ford Extreme”, there is no “for men” anywhere on the box or the bottle (although it is listed under the TFFM-line at the website tomford.com). In true niche style TFE feels gender neutral without being overly classically feminine - women will probably enjoy this one as well.
    My bottle (and box) states that this is an EDT. However, at the tomford website it clearly says EDP on the box of TFE. Will there actually be an EDP version available as well? I was under the impression that TFE would be an EDP version of TFFM, however that must be wrong. Somewhat confusing…..
    My biggest complaint is that it is a “limited edition” fragrance with a rather high price point. I will have to drop some serious money to stock up on this before it is gon, if I like it as much as I do now in a couple of weeks….…

Lets see what you guys think. Cheers.

C-men
    Great review. What is the price point?

$125 for 50ml in the US

C'est un crime!

$125 for 50ml in the US
    Not only is the scent extreme, but so is the price.

yikes.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Is this available in the UK yet? Who will be stocking this,i know that Harvey Nichols stocks the Private Blends.

Quote Originally Posted by frank06 View Post
    Is this available in the UK yet? Who will be stocking this,i know that Harvey Nichols stocks the Private Blends.
    I'll be going to Harvey Nichols in an hour or so. If I see it there, I'll let you know.

Smile Re: Tom Ford Extreme

I just got this scent in the mail. It starts out great. I really like it but it barely lasts 4 hours. I was going to invest in another bottle since it is a limited edition but I don't think I will bother

Rick
    For sale post

[url]http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=190169[/url]

" I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

Quote Originally Posted by DOCPSYCHO View Post
    I just got this scent in the mail. It starts out great. I really like it but it barely lasts 4 hours. I was going to invest in another bottle since it is a limited edition but I don't think I will bother.
    Thanks for letting us know. When I read that it would only be in EDT concentration, I smelt a rat. Once again, it's all about hype over substance. From now on, I plan to ignore any new releases by Tom Ford - he's full of s***.

As for Harvey Nichols, according to the SA, it won't be available for another couple of weeks.
    Last edited by Trebor; 22nd November 2007 at 07:40 PM.

If it is indeed only an EDT, Tom Ford wont be getting any of my money, ever. How lame, charge more money for the same shit.

I realize it's not similar, but unless the concentration is upped I don't know where they get off charging $125 for a 50ml bottle. Make it an EdP and do be so damn cheap.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LeMâle View Post
    I realize it's not similar, but unless the concentration is upped I don't know where they get off charging $125 for a 50ml bottle. Make it an EdP and do be so damn cheap.
    It is an EdP... look at the bottom of the box at this link and you can clearly see that it says Eau de Parfum
    Last edited by teger; 22nd November 2007 at 10:12 PM.

Question Re: Tom Ford Extreme

Just so you know ahead of time that my intent here is not to be contentious. I have my box right in front of me that I just recieved yesterday mailed to me from Neiman Marcus in Troy Michigan. It clearly says Eau de toilette spray. What is going on here. Is Tom Ford selling two different strengths and Neiman only has the EDT version. Whats up. If anyone knows I sure would like to be more informed as well. If the EDP version is available that is the one I would have liked to have had. It is a very nice scent but I would have bought the EDP instead.

Rick
    For sale post

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

Just so you know ahead of time that my intent here is not to be contentious. I have my box right in front of me that I just recieved yesterday mailed to me from Neiman Marcus in Troy Michigan. It clearly says Eau de toilette spray. What is going on here. Is Tom Ford selling two different strengths and Neiman only has the EDT version. Whats up. If anyone knows I sure would like to be more informed as well. If the EDP version is available that is the one I would have liked to have had. It is a very nice scent but I would have bought the EDP instead.

Rick
    The rat reeks even more by the minute...

This is something (the EDP) that I would certainly like to try but suspect that it won't be available outside Nth America.

So a shout out to the rest of the world: anyone else seen this?
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter — they are known as liars.

[QUOTE=Trebor;1102429]Thanks for letting us know. When I read that it would only be in EDT concentration, I smelt a rat. Once again, it's all about hype over substance. From now on, I plan to ignore any new releases by Tom Ford - he's full of s***.

As for Harvey Nichols, according to the SA, it won't be available for another coupleweeks.[/QUOTE of ]

Tom Ford - he's full of s***
    --------------------------------------
    [QUOTE=Michael Picasso;1103030]
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Thanks for letting us know. When I read that it would only be in EDT concentration, I smelt a rat. Once again, it's all about hype over substance. From now on, I plan to ignore any new releases by Tom Ford - he's full of s***.

As for Harvey Nichols, according to the SA, it won't be available for another coupleweeks.[/QUOTE of ]

Tom Ford - he's full of s***
    Full !!!
    Last edited by Michael Picasso; 24th November 2007 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Tried it at Niemans Boston yesterday. It is an interesting fragrance. Starts pretty powerful with a gasoline / turpentine element reminiscent of Fahrenheit, before drying to a woody oriental base. I only got 4 hours out of it, and don't think I can justify a purchase. I'm willing to give it one more try. Great bottle.

I'm thinking of Bois d'Orage / French Lover instead.
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

I also tried it at Neiman's this weekend. I can detect the initial rum notes and what seems to me like nutmeg. It lasted about 5-6 hours on me. I didn't find the fragrance developed all that much and I thought the drydown was very similar to Hermes Bel Ami (a wonderful scent which can be had for half the price of TFE).

Extreme is a very nice, quality scent, without a doubt, but it doesn't project much. At this price point, I expected something groundbreaking (or at least longer lasting) for more than double the price of the original TFM. I expected tenacity in line with Black Orchid, which is $35 cheaper and lasts all day. Yes, I expected Extreme to be an eau de PARFUM version, as it was advertised to be!

As Docpsycho mentioned, I would like to know why the Tom Ford website shows the Extreme box with an Eau de Parfum designation, while the one being sold at stores like Neimans is clearly labeled "Eau de Toilette". What kind of bait-and-switch is this? On a similar side note, I also found it interesting that just before the original Tom Ford for Men was released, the prices were listed as $55 for the 1.7 and $78 for the 3.4, but when it finally reached the stores, it was $60/85. That's twice now where Tom Ford products have not come to market as they were advertised to be. Although I do like both scents, I am very disappointed in the manner in which they were brought to market, and I will not be fueling that kind of deception with my hard-earned dollars.

Jim

Smile Re: Tom Ford Extreme

Just a bit of an update. I spoke with the SA that sold me the TFE over the phone. She attempted to tell me something about anothe Tom Ford scent that I couldn't quite follow. I believe she became exhasperated with me because I heard her sigh and hand me over to her supervisor. My mistake was realizing after I had them on the phone that it was the infamous black friday. I now knew why they were so rushed. The supervisor graciously called me back but it took several times to explain to them that I thought I was buying EDP as that is what it was marked as on the Tom Ford website. I told her that the EDT was a great frag but had no legs. No longevity.

Any way she said she would let management know about my disappointment and she also offered to let the Tom Ford Frag rep know. I asked her to have the rep call me to clear up why the box on the website says EDP and Neimans only has the EDT for sale. I will keep you posted when and if the rep calls me . I am not holding out any hope but maybe I will be delightfully surprised.

Fingers crossed in hopes of clearing up the mystery

Rick
    For sale post

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

I had my first full wearing of Extreme today and got 6-7 hours from it.
    Smooth aura to it that has modest sillage; was very masculine to me.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 26th November 2007 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by atrac View Post
    After reading the reviews on M7 from this site, I am a huge fan of it now too. I've checked several perfume stores in "malls" here in Southern CA and only one sold it. I'm amazed how many places gave me a big shake of the head "NO" when I asked for it. I decided to go to eBay instead. I hope it's real.
    If you live anywhere near downtown Los Angeles, there is a huge supply of M7 at many fragrance shops in the Fashion District.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

bought a bottle of it yester at my local neimans. kinda dissapoint that its not a edp. hopefully it was worth the $133 that i paid for it.

It is the same frag that I tested over a month ago at the Saks counter in Chicago as far as I can tell. It has a subtle aura to it in the final stages that some may not pick up on. I am wearing Domenico Caraceni right now on my wrists, but I can still detect TFE under my shirt and it has been over 12 hours. I am not disappointed at this point with longevity, or how it smells. I wish it had a little more sillage, but I am a sillage slut...I always want more of it.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 27th November 2007 at 01:24 AM.

The confusion regarding this fragrance release is just regrettable.

As for the fragrance, after my initial enthusiasm for this one wore off, I came to the conclusion that I am not going to get another bottle – at least not at full retail. Do not get me wrong. I still think it is a great fragrance but there are fragrances out there that will give you more value for your money.

Then again if there will be an EDP version for less than a four figure dollar amount – who knows….

I tried it today at Saks and I was expected something more like his private collection. I found it to be well made, but the "earth did not move under my feet."

OK....The Tom Ford website is now showing Extreme as an Eau de Toilette.
    Guess they heard about the noise that was being made about the Eau de Parfum confusion. The question is: Was the website in error and it was always intended to be an EdT? Maybe someone inside can get the scoop sooner or later.

Basenotes Institution

OK....The Tom Ford website is now showing Extreme as an Eau de Toilette.
    Guess they heard about the noise that was being made about the Eau de Parfum confusion. The question is: Was the website in error and it was always intended to be an EdT? Maybe someone inside can get the scoop sooner or later.
    If you read the ad copy of the press release for Tom Ford for Men and Tom Ford Extreme it was never said what the strength of TFE would be.

If I were to guess, I'd say the marketing, graphic designer, website person screwed up...

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Moon View Post
    If you live anywhere near downtown Los Angeles, there is a huge supply of M7 at many fragrance shops in the Fashion District.
    Thanks for the tip. I live near downtown so it is something I can check out. I did receive my M7 though from online and it's 100% legit.

But still, I need to go visit the fashion district...

I was cruising the Neiman Marcus website today and saw they finally had it. I decided that since it's my birthday I could splurge. I bought blind and it should be here tomorrow, hopefully I won't be dissappointed. I hate to make the 40 mile trek to the city just to sniff a new cologne.

Would love to hear your feedback........

Boy, his packaging is killer, absolutely love the bottle look.
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Cool Re: Tom Ford Extreme

Ok Guys here is the update I had promised. I finally had a call just now from a supervisor at Tom Ford. She told me that the website clearly shows the Tom Ford Extreme as an EDT. Just for the record she was very nice and not contentious at all. When I originally found this thread I clicked on the link to Tom Ford website on a post by mikeperez23 My eyesight is still pretty good and the box was clearly marked EDP at that time. Mikes post was dated 11/2/07. I just clicked on the same link in Mikes post and the box now reads EDT as someone else pointed out in this thread.

She basically listened and thanked me for my input and that was it. She said that the scent has always been an EDT strength and as far as she knows there is no EDP version being sold elswere planet wide. I shared my thoughts about the price per oz and how the longevity issue made it a poor value. At least for me. She really offered no explanations or anything. Just thanked me for my input and that it would help them in the future to put out a better product. I am pleased that they at least bothered to follow through. I was thinking that they wouldn't.

Best

Rick
    Last edited by DOCPSYCHO; 30th November 2007 at 07:09 PM. Reason: goofed when typing
    For sale post

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

Basenotes Institution

Ok Guys here is the update I had promised. I finally had a call just now from a supervisor at Tom Ford. She told me that the website clearly shows the Tom Ford Extreme as an EDT. Just for the record she was very nice and not contentious at all. When I originally found this thread I clicked on the link to Tom Ford website on a post by mikeperez23 My eyesight is still pretty good and the box was clearly marked EDP at that time. Mikes post was dated 11/2/07. I just clicked on the same link in Mikes post and the box now reads EDT as someone else pointed out in this thread.

She basically listened and thanked me for my input and that was it. She said that the scent has always been an EDT strength and as far as she knows there is no EDP version being sold elswere planet wide. I shared my thoughts about the price per oz and how the longevity issue made it a poor value. At least for me. She really offered no explanations or anything. Just thanked me for my input and that it would help them in the future to put out a better product. I am pleased that they at least bothered to follow through. I was thinking that they wouldn't.
    I agree, it's nice that she did get back to you - she probably has never even LOOKED at the Tom Ford website, but I guess sometimes little details like that slip between the cracks, as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattybumpkin View Post
    Would love to hear your feedback........

Boy, his packaging is killer, absolutely love the bottle look.
    I definitely agree that this is not a "earth shattering" fragrance. However I like it very much after a couple of wearings. It is a well blended EDT that seems to last on my skin unlike some others here. After my first test spritz I could still smell it on my skin after 7 hours. It is somewhat linear, but it is not completely "mainstream/commercial". It is a dark woody almost smoky smelling undertone with a slightly sweet fig/spice note laid over the top of it. I am very happy with my purchase, but unless you have the extra cash to toss around you might want to try and test it first.

I wonder if it is available in the UK now? I might be in London next week.. hope I find it

is the bath soap launched yet, it sounds great?

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by tariq View Post
    I wonder if it is available in the UK now? I might be in London next week.. hope I find it

Do you mean the Tom Ford for Men bath soap? I didn't know there was a Tom Ford Extreme bath soap.

Banned

Post Re: Tom Ford Extreme

Quote Originally Posted by tariq View Post

On their site it says "spring 2008" so I'd be safe to assume it's not readily available.

The bar might also not be cleansing, but a dirtying bar since it's on their website. Don't get your hopes up

It's on a rope also!... some won't be too happy about that
    Last edited by teger; 3rd December 2007 at 09:49 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by NEoTY26 View Post
    On their site it says "spring 2008" so I'd be safe to assume it's not readily available.

The bar might also not be cleansing, but a dirtying bar since it's on their website. Don't get your hopes up

It's on a rope also!... some won't be too happy about that
    So it is a Tom Ford for Men soap on a rope. Thanks neoty26.

He he...yes, you all do remember that Out Magazine ad we posted on the Fragrance Industry thread with the TFFM bottle between the male models....nether regions? I'd be interested to see where Mr. Ford would like to put the soap on a rope, on the model now.

Just tried the Extreme at Saks. This is quite nice, there's a nice Almond paste note that is delicious. It then fades into something familiar yet exquisite. Give me some time to determine what other scent it reminds me of. Don't know if I'd pay $125 for it yet. Will need to test further.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

I tried TFE last week--I'm sure it's been available for at least a week before I tried it and still they didn't have a tester out.

This is the one scent that did flip flops and turns I didn't know which direction it was headed, and everytime I guessed, it did the opposite!

On me it started off with a sweet, deep and rich wood topped by citrus, later it developed to a musty-powdery-earthy rather dry smell with an undertone of musk. Finally it goes 70's on me with a green patchouli with a very healthy dose of musk and some cedar. It becomes rather subtle and intimate at the base and still detectable in the morning even after testing it at about 6:30 the night before. It may not be an EdP, but it acts like one on me.

Overall, it's a rather stuffy, kinda snobby scent meant for uber-formal occasions. My practical side says that I don't need this scent and the pricetag demands that I love this if I want to buy this...the other side of me wants this because it's different, exclusive, and in limited quantities. I could invest in a few bucks more and get a Lutens or go gung ho on a Chanel Exclusif or something. I think I'll hold my breath a little longer in considering a purchase.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    Just tried the Extreme at Saks. This is quite nice, there's a nice Almond paste note that is delicious. It then fades into something familiar yet exquisite. Give me some time to determine what other scent it reminds me of.
    It wouldn't happen to be M7, would it?