Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Tom Ford Extreme

Does anyone know when this will be released and if it will be exclusive to Saks??

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Tom Ford Extreme

Mid November is the word on the mouths of every single SA I've asked at Saks and Neimans. Tomford.com confirms this: http://tomford.com/en/default.aspx?f...4-de1402287785

I do NOT think it will be exclusive to Saks when its released. But I cannot confirm this.

I'm assuming you've read this thread already: http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?p=1080979
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

And this is released as Limited Edition....cheesh man...I guess if it is smoking as much as anticipated I had better buy a case....... .....hmmm.

This will be me Christmas present to meself..........

Fragrance On,

Otto

Question Re: Tom Ford Extreme

Is this out yet?

I've been thinking about this myself.....I have the 1st edition and like this alot. I have also been thinking about the Private Blend scents...Some of them sound very interesting.
    I am a Huge fan of M7 and Rive Gauche Pour Homme. I seem to like anything that TF creates...... I really want to give these Private Blends a test drive....
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    I am a Huge fan of M7
    After reading the reviews on M7 from this site, I am a huge fan of it now too. I've checked several perfume stores in "malls" here in Southern CA and only one sold it. I'm amazed how many places gave me a big shake of the head "NO" when I asked for it. I decided to go to eBay instead. I hope it's real.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by graffham View Post
    Is this out yet?
    I suspect it should be hitting stores ANY DAY now...I spotted a bottle on Ebay last night and I would have snagged it, but the seller's selling it for about $30 more than retail. I'm excited about trying this as soon as it's released, but not that excited.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Today I just spoke with the Tom Ford rep at Nordstrom and she informed it will only be exculsive to Neiman's; Saks; and Bloomingdale's.

I am holding out on purchasing this as my xmas gift to myself this year...

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    Today I just spoke with the Tom Ford rep at Nordstrom and she informed it will only be exculsive to Neiman's; Saks; and Bloomingdale's.

I am holding out on purchasing this as my xmas gift to myself this year...
    I would imagine this also includes Bergdorf Goodman, since Bergdorf is a 'part' of Neimans and Bergdorf already carries the Private Blends...I'd be surprised if they didn't have it.

Yes, my birthday's at the end of the month - the timing of this release is oh-so-perfect.

-- Eckhart Tolle

FYI - TF Extreme is now in stock at Bergdorfs and Neimans..This stuff rocks..compeltely different than the watered down TF for Men...stock up before its gone

Basenotes Institution

OH SH*T!!

((stepping away from the keyboard and running to get my car keys))

-- Eckhart Tolle

LOL!!!! Mike wait, you forgot your pants and wallet.....wait...come back...oh well...
    --------------------------------------
    Just bought my bottle from Neiman Marcus in Dallas. Happy Thanksgiving to me.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 18th November 2007 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I only hope that they will decide to keep it in production, and like some other originaly introduced as limited edition scents this will be available for a long time.

Eager to hear reports from those of you who were lucky to try it already.

A Saks SA in Chicago told me that the reason why it's a limited edition is that it will be changed to a different fragrance when it sells out. Sounds to me like they will be going through the Private Label scents, one by one.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    A Saks SA in Chicago told me that the reason why it's a limited edition is that it will be changed to a different fragrance when it sells out. Sounds to me like they will be going through the Private Label scents, one by one.
    That should be really confusing - for both SA's and consumers...I can just see the threads on Basenotes in the future, 'So, which TFFME is the best, the first version, the second or the third? Are the bottles different? Etc...'

I didn't get to Neimans in time last night to score a bottle.

But, it is my birthday next week - so, perhaps a trip to Neimans this weekend with my boyfriend might be a better idea.

-- Eckhart Tolle

I just got a call from the Tom Ford rep in Dallas informing me that Extreme had come in. I spoke with her briefly 3 weeks ago at the Neiman Marcus counter in Dallas. I didn't think I would ever here from her after requesting a call when they received it, but she called promptly and was very nice. I am extremely impressed with her and her knowledge of the products. If Tom Ford has other reps like this one, he is well represented.

I told her that I had called yesterday and already ordered a bottle before she called, and she was so excited that people are that enthusiastic about the new Extreme. Also, she said the male SAs were pushing each other out of the way to buy a bottle. I hope this one lives up to the hype. I loved it based on a sample in Chicago a month or so ago. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 19th November 2007 at 03:33 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    I just got a call from the Tom Ford rep in Dallas informing me that Extreme had come in. I spoke with her briefly 3 weeks ago at the Neiman Marcus counter in Dallas. I didn't think I would ever here from her after requesting a call when they received it, but she called promptly and was very nice. I am extremely impressed with her and her knowledge of the products. If Tom Ford has other reps like this one, he is well represented.

I told her that I had called yesterday and already ordered a bottle before she called, and she was so excited that people are that enthusiastic about the new Extreme. Also, she said the male SAs were pushing each other out of the way to buy a bottle. I hope this one lives up to the hype. I loved it based on a sample in Chicago a month or so ago. Fingers crossed.
    In general I have gotten great service and repor with Neiman SA's also. TFFM if you remember was a Saks exclusive when it came out, and I 'put up with' going into Saks to test it and the Extreme - but it was the SA's at Neimans that gave me much more info behind the release date, inundated me with samples of it and Black Orchid and were much more friendly also.

When I'm buying full retail price for a brand new release at $100+ these days, these 'little things' make all the difference in the world to me.

-- Eckhart Tolle

On Extreme from the December W mag, : "Sweet black fig, cardamom, coriander, rum and black truffle notes make for a heady, masculine blend."

YUM

Has anyone actually worn this yet? Please give us a review.

On a similar note, I received the new Trader monthly magazine which includes a special cigar report. As I was getting ready to pitch it in the bin, I saw an article on Tabacco Vanille. Turns out, it was given a rave review. At the end, they say "it smells like December afternoons in pappy's workshop circa 1978." Wish more publications would take follow the Cigar Report's lead and write some quality reviews.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    Has anyone actually worn this yet? Please give us a review.
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=199158

-- Eckhart Tolle

I have been test driving my Tom Ford Extreme (TFE) for a couple of days and I think Mikeperez23 did a great job reviewing this one initially (http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=199158).

To my nose it is hard to see how TFE and TFFM are related at all. I find TFE a semi-sweet oriental whereas TFFM is more of a fresh-woody scent. In comparison they smell completely different. There is not doubt that TFE is a high quality niche-like fragrance – the notes very palpable, rich and deep – there is an overall luxurious feel to TFE. Mike described the “shoe store” note and I can see where he is coming from. I must say it is one smooth shoe store with just the right amount of sweetness to it. It almost smells like slightly burnt caramel. This seems to be the main key note in the fragrance and there really are no very sharp turns or changes once this one mellows down over time. TFE is probably not so much more “groundbreaking” than TFFM – it resonate other fragrances out there - but the notes are executed so nicely and luxuriously that I find this forgivable. Sillage is average- this is not a sillage monster by any means - although I can detect TFE on my skin for more than twelve hours.

A couple of notes:
    The name of the fragrance is simply “Tom Ford Extreme”, there is no “for men” anywhere on the box or the bottle (although it is listed under the TFFM-line at the website tomford.com). In true niche style TFE feels gender neutral without being overly classically feminine - women will probably enjoy this one as well.
    My bottle (and box) states that this is an EDT. However, at the tomford website it clearly says EDP on the box of TFE. Will there actually be an EDP version available as well? I was under the impression that TFE would be an EDP version of TFFM, however that must be wrong. Somewhat confusing…..
    My biggest complaint is that it is a “limited edition” fragrance with a rather high price point. I will have to drop some serious money to stock up on this before it is gon, if I like it as much as I do now in a couple of weeks….…

Lets see what you guys think. Cheers.

C-men
    Great review. What is the price point?

$125 for 50ml in the US

C'est un crime!

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    $125 for 50ml in the US
    Not only is the scent extreme, but so is the price.

yikes.
    keepin' it musky
    Currently wearing: Frapin 1270 by Frapin

Is this available in the UK yet? Who will be stocking this,i know that Harvey Nichols stocks the Private Blends.
    Currently wearing: The Dreamer by Versace

Quote Originally Posted by frank06 View Post
    Is this available in the UK yet? Who will be stocking this,i know that Harvey Nichols stocks the Private Blends.
    I'll be going to Harvey Nichols in an hour or so. If I see it there, I'll let you know.

Smile Re: Tom Ford Extreme

I just got this scent in the mail. It starts out great. I really like it but it barely lasts 4 hours. I was going to invest in another bottle since it is a limited edition but I don't think I will bother

Rick
    For sale post

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=190169

" I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

Quote Originally Posted by DOCPSYCHO View Post
    I just got this scent in the mail. It starts out great. I really like it but it barely lasts 4 hours. I was going to invest in another bottle since it is a limited edition but I don't think I will bother.
    Thanks for letting us know. When I read that it would only be in EDT concentration, I smelt a rat. Once again, it's all about hype over substance. From now on, I plan to ignore any new releases by Tom Ford - he's full of s***.

As for Harvey Nichols, according to the SA, it won't be available for another couple of weeks.
    Last edited by Trebor; 22nd November 2007 at 07:40 PM.

If it is indeed only an EDT, Tom Ford wont be getting any of my money, ever. How lame, charge more money for the same shit.