Code of Conduct

Default Something Similar to Ralph Lauren Blue For Women

For men, of course.

I'm only asking this because I asked this woman today at work what she was wearing because it smelled so good, and she told me Ralph Lauren Blue. I feel like I have smelled something similar to this before on men so i'm sure something exists out there. Just curious if you guys can come up with a "pour homme" version of this perfume because I love it.

Default Re: Something Similar to Ralph Lauren Blue For Women

Curious by Britney Spears smells just like Ralph Lauren Blue, and is wayyy cheaper. I know girls that wear this for the sole reason that it smells like RL Blue. I bet there's men who are confident with their sexuality that wear Curious, that's probably what you smelled.

What you can do is wear Curious/Blue, and when women ask you what fragrance you're wearing, you say, "What, I'm not wearing any cologne." And then sniff your collar, smile, and go "oh yes.." and pretend like you were reminiscing of last night...

Well I havent smelled Curious yet so I guess i'll have to look at that. When I smelled it today on that woman, I smelled kind of a woodyness to the scent...Maybe that was the sandalwood in it, I dont know. It also had a slight masculine edge to it, although it was definately a feminine scent.

Blue does have sandalwood with white flowers, like tuberose and lotus, along with musk. Maybe there is a men's scent with white florals and sandalwood you would like.

Update: Just ordered a sample of Tabacco by i Profumi di Firenze of Italy off Beautyhabit. It's not tobacco leaf, it's nicotiana or tobacco flower, which is white and fairly sweet like tuberose is. The base note is mysore sandalwood and it's supposed to be good for men or women. It wouldn't smell like Blue, but it is along those lines, a white floral with sandalwood. More upscale and natural, you could try it. They sell sample packs of 6 for $12 and there's a code in the discount section for 25% off.
    Last edited by beachroses; 3rd November 2007 at 09:22 PM.

Yeah im thinking it was the sandalwood for sure that attracted me to this scent. I already started a thread on fragrances with sandalwood.

I'm going to revive this thread because I still want to know if there is something similar to RL Blue for women. The drydown is woody, and not really distinctly feminine at all, but the top notes are too floral to be comfortably masculine for me. Would love to hear others' ideas.

I just say wear the womens version. i do. and love it. its not that feminine at all actually and it smells grand. its discontinued though, but you can find it all over the internet. good stuff . very clean and just amazing. i love it nordstrom rack has it in giftset for for I think 50 bucks.
    Last edited by blacklibran1; 16th October 2008 at 04:31 AM.