Code of Conduct

Default Lancme Hypnse Homme

I saw this on Sephora's website in France. Looks lovely.

Default Re: Lancme Hypnse Homme

One of the best releases this year.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

A very well done scent from Lancome they even out did Miracle Homme.

Yeah, extremely underrated stuff. Maurice Roucel did a terrific job with this one- there's just so many element in it that contrast each other, yet work together and blend flawlessly. The subtle hint of mint plays with the star anise and lavender and makes a strikingly dynamic accord in the heart of the fragrance, while in the base a bit of patchouli and amber is contrasted against a clean musk.

By far the best "mainstream" fragrance of 2007.

Lancôme - I don't know what got them into mainstraim. In the past few years they have done everything right. But I guess it's hard to regain the original status of a fine perfume house! None of their masculine colognes have gained popularity. Miracle is the only one that has gathered more than twenty reviews on BN - half of what it may need before a cologne can be considered widely accepted. Perhaps the rest of the world feels less snobbish about Lancôme.
    Last edited by narcus; 7th November 2007 at 11:13 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Basenotes Institution

I'm having an inner tug-of-war with whether I should own Hypnose Homme.

I love the top and middle notes that smell to me like a strange Asian fruit that landed from Saturn in a spaceship. It's fruity...but it's fruit done right. It smells like no other fruit note in mens fragrances. In fact, it reminds me of sake. The Fresh line has a scent called Sake, and although it does smell like sake's floral and alcoholic aspect, HH could be described as the smell of sake boiled down to a syrup.

I thought my boyfriend would love it, when I encountered a tester at Macy's the other day (when I went in to test Calvin Klein Man). He is not a fragrance junkie like me, he just likes what he likes. He smelled HH and turned his nose up at it...surprised me. 'You have so many other colognes at home that smell better than that he said'.

Now, I am comfortable wearing scents that my partner doesn't approve of (can you say, 'Tar' by CdG) - but now I feel like I need to smell it for a third time before I take the plunge and get a bottle.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I think this starts out as your usual burnt cotton candy fragrance, but quickly reveals a dimension of freshness, but in a much smoother way than, say, ICE*Men. Unfortunately, the whole impression is "too tame". With this profile I think it's more of a warm weather evening/night frag, for cold weather there are more compelling things out there.

Hypnose smells good, but it needs more "oomph".
    Could have been so much better...
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I sniffed it and came close to getting it for DH (in fact I got him the deodorant stick).... but I also know I'd be swiping the bottle a lot if I did. I have no recollection of what the women's smells like, it blurs with Ange Ou Demon in my head just due to the visuals and I didn't like AOD.

Smells just classy and clean, bording a little mainstream, (even it has a fab unknown note agreeing with mikeperez). I can see myself wearing this one when I go on 40-50's. It's kind a linear too, discreet but what the hell, smell very very nice, a proper gentle mature fragance.
    Read my perfume reviews at: http://perfumenoparatodos.blogspot.com/

Digital art portfolio: www.dreamlandpostcards.com

I live a very sheltered life. LOL
    What does "DH" mean?

Quote Originally Posted by gregmech26 View Post
    I live a very sheltered life. LOL
    What does "DH" mean?

Dear Husband.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I think this is one of the best releases along with Rogriguez.