Code of Conduct

Default Coriolan will be in Les Parisiennes collection from January

Good news for eventual lovers of Guerlain's Coriolan: PR person at Guerlain Isabelle Rousseau confirms that it will be reissued in Les Parisiennes collection (the 125 ml bee bottles) from January 2008 under a new name. These bottles cost normally 140 €.

Default Re: Coriolan will be in Les Parisiennes collection from January

thanks for the heads-up! Interesting "reissue" though... we're looking at a

- new bottle
    - new name
    - new price

makes me wonder... if the juice is reformulated too? I was a big fan of the original Coriolan.
    [font=verdana][url=http://del.icio.us/scentedpages][b]my bookmarks on del.icio.us[/b][/url][/font]
    [font=verdana][url=http://www.nstperfume.com/perfume-books/][b]my book reviews on NST[/b][/url][/font]
    [font=verdana][url=www.scentedpages.com][b]ScentedPages.com[/b][/url][/font]

Quote Originally Posted by Marcello View Post

- new bottle
    - new name
    - new price

makes me wonder... if the juice is reformulated too? I was a big fan of the original Coriolan.
    Fan here too. Mme. Rousseau used the word "réédité" which should mean original formulation, although we of course know that some slight changes are often made when Guerlain reissues their perfumes. If so, my suggestion would be to make the new Coriolan slightly less bitter.

In that case my personal preferences cannot be as weird as I have thought!
    I dearly love only two Guerlain masculines, and had just marked this one in the favorites poll
    Bottles don't mean all that much, but this one goes back to a really ancient shape.
    Last edited by narcus; 5th November 2007 at 11:45 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guerlain View Post
    Fan here too. Mme. Rousseau used the word "réédité" which should mean original formulation, although we of course know that some slight changes are often made when Guerlain reissues there perfumes. If so, my suggestion would be to make the new Coriolan slightly less bitter.
    I strongly hope they will keep the juniper berry balsamic bitterness as it is, masculine, green, true, specially cuz it's the perfect balance to the more velvety and tender immortelle drydown.
    I hate when to make things more "popular" perfumers change them into more banal.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent View Post
    I hate when to make things more "popular" perfumers change them into more banal.
    I totally agree. I really hate when they change fragrances, regardless of my opinion of the original formula. I am not too familiar with Coriolan, but it will be interesting to see how this pans out. Also, the original formula of Coriolan is still semi-easy to find (mall kiosks, mom and pop shops, etc.), so it shouldn't be too hard to do a side by side test.
    You are not your perfume.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent View Post
    I agree with that sentence as well. But why give it a new name? I guess because Coriolan wasn't that popular and a new name will perhaps make more people interested in this 'new' perfume.

I have a theory that the new Coriolan shall replace Derby which was recently discontinued from the Parisiennes line.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guerlain View Post
    I have a theory that the new Coriolan shall replace Derby which was recently discontinued from the Parisiennes line.
    Derby? Another one I didn't trust them with, and stocked up! Dark green or harsh brown, that's how I like my Guerlains to be - or moody as in L'Heure Bleue. Eau de Guerlain is another chapter. So glad, it's available again!
    Last edited by narcus; 6th November 2007 at 06:24 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Time to stock up. Get all those $20 bottles off the internet while you can. I tried it and re-gifted it.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

[quote-=JaimeB;1085599] [/quote]
    The reissue will be called L'Âme d'un Héros.
    Last edited by JaimeB; 5th November 2007 at 09:46 PM.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cćlum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB View Post
    Hi JaimeB - I wanted to quote you on that when I wrote about Les Parisiennes, but I couldn't find your post, thanks for putting here again!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcello View Post

- new bottle
    - new name
    - new price

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB View Post

[/SIZE]
    Oui, L'Âme d'un Héros avec l'argent d'un sultan...
    btw, I'm wearing Coriolan right now and smells so good... I suppose I have to stock up a bottle of it as soon as I can find one still available around.
    Last edited by Magnifiscent; 6th November 2007 at 08:25 AM.

so happy to see Coriolan re-issued but sure it will not be exactly the same juice

a question : how do you get such informations ? have you got contacts with Guerlain staff?

Quote Originally Posted by germanomio View Post
    a question : how do you get such informations ? have you got contacts with Guerlain staff?
    Hehe well I don't have any special info channel. I just email the company, either the shop (spachampselysees@guerlain.fr) or PR worker Isabelle Rousseau (irousseau@guerlain.fr)

They are very informative and reply quickly - at least when I write them in French ;-)